Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion/issues of mystatus.united.com (status tracker)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion/issues of mystatus.united.com (status tracker)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
....If United adds this feature, prepare for hundred of posts about the information being inaccurate...
You were right!
narvik and mrt88 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
You were right!
Not so difficult to guess as, at the end of last year when they put the status tracker, there was a thread here where people were complaining about a 50 PQM difference.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Not so difficult to guess as, at the end of last year when they put the status tracker, there was a thread here where people were complaining about a 50 PQM difference.
I am short about 35k!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Well I am thrilled to see it returned, and happy to know that reservations awaiting GPUs and where the GPU has taken is not reflected in the future flights as that is my experience as well. However, flights with RPUs are reflected. Interesting bug.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Well I am thrilled to see it returned, and happy to know that reservations awaiting GPUs and where the GPU has taken is not reflected in the future flights as that is my experience as well. However, flights with RPUs are reflected. Interesting bug.
this is so broken ... they should just not roll it out ... below is what I get. I have 90k PQM booked through 2018. UA IT is so pathetic.

You don’t have any future flights booked for the remainder of the year.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have only a few flights booked so far in Q2, and one has a waitlisted RPU. However, the difference in totals going Q1 to Q2 does not reflect either the total of the Q2 flights or the total less the RPU flight. It is lower than even that. They managed to create a really complicated accounting bug.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I am sure everyone's situation is different, but mine is very accurate. The only numbers missing from the total are 1 flight segment that I flew yesterday morning and will post to my account tomorrow morning.

So all of the past History + future history - flight waiting to post = accurate for me. The projected future total even took into account an SDC I just did a few minutes ago for my flight tomorrow that added 1 segment and 1100 miles.

Of course all of my travel is on UA metal, so its possible that those of you who have flights on other metal are not getting accurate counts as UA might not want to reflect those in the projected count for various reasons. Also the flights with GPU's attached sounds like something that is not taken into account.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Of course all of my travel is on UA metal, so its possible that those of you who have flights on other metal are not getting accurate counts as UA might not want to reflect those in the projected count for various reasons. Also the flights with GPU's attached sounds like something that is not taken into account.
I have a Z-class flight BOS-SFO-BOS next week. No partner metal, no UG certs, no nothing. Still claiming I have no future flights.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
I have only a few flights booked so far in Q2, and one has a waitlisted RPU. However, the difference in totals going Q1 to Q2 does not reflect either the total of the Q2 flights or the total less the RPU flight. It is lower than even that. They managed to create a really complicated accounting bug.
I have a trip booked for Q3 and even that is well accounted for. I'm only missing one out of four trips (the one with the waitlisted RPUs). My wife has only two international flights booked: one in Q1 and one in Q3 and her numbers are correct. At the end of last year when they started with the status trackers both our numbers were estimated correctly but they were wrong for so many other FTers. They must be using the same program as last year and have no clue that there's a bug.
gayste likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I have a trip booked for Q3 and even that is well accounted for. I'm only missing one out of four trips (the one with the waitlisted RPUs). My wife has only two international flights booked: one in Q1 and one in Q3 and her numbers are correct. At the end of last year when they started with the status trackers both our numbers were estimated correctly but they were wrong for so many other FTers. They must be using the same program as last year and have no clue that there's a bug.
Last year when I looked in late Nov or Dec the totals were off, but I had some unacknowledged schedule changes. After getting all tickets resynced, it was correct. So I suspected that initially, but combing through all reservations now shows nothing out of sync. This year I just can't figure it out.

I like this thing, or at least I would if it were correct, or at minimum decipherable.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:09 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Great to see this back!
Also, it looks as if they fixed the bug from last year with the the minimum PQMs for flights under 500 miles.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
I really like the feature - I mainly rely on my spreadsheet which I know to be accurate, so this gives me an easy way to check for discrepancies when I book - rather than waiting until after travel and having to request credit after the fact.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Also glad it's back. Seems accurate for me.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: MP
Weird. Doesn't seem to include my upcoming trips to Peru and Mexico.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, IHG Spire Ambassador, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Not accurate for me as it does not include any of my itineraries that have wait listed upgrades. I like the concept and hope that in the future it can and in those flights as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.