Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Track My Bag - UA's bag tracking app

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tr3k
...Never appeared in the app bag tracking as received by UA though....
Doesn't mean they weren't received by UA. I wouldn't read anything into it unless you don't get bags at other end. I think bag tracker only works if UA has possession from beginning to end of its journey.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Doesn't mean they weren't received by UA.
They def. were but what is my proof? Other than the record in the app - is there anything else?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
They def. were but what is my proof?
Hopefully, their return , and you do have a receipt that it should have been delivered by UA.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Hopefully, their return , and you do have a receipt that it should have been delivered by UA.
They had 100s of rechecked bags standing in that recheck area, and more coming. Not promising.

P.S. Looks like the bag tracking in the app no longer works - times out. Or is it just mine?

Last edited by tr3k; Jan 2, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
They had 100s of rechecked bags standing in that recheck area, and more coming. Not promising.

P.S. Looks like the bag tracking in the app no longer works - times out. Or is it just mine?
Bag tracking is not working. Flying today and concerned they keep showing me the luggage tag for the flight out.

Gate agent said there were issues.

🤞 bags arrive as I need to wash and repack for my next trip
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Bag tracking is not working. Flying today and concerned they keep showing me the luggage tag for the flight out.

🤞 bags arrive as I need to wash and repack for my next trip
Was timing out for me and thought it might have been my IROPS / rebooking messing with things. Asked agent at EWR [because if my bag wasn't on that flight I was just going to go straight to the hotel and find my bag later... almost 4 total hours delay, all UA controllable, on a purely domestic trip but I digress] and she flipped the screen around and showed me in beautiful SHARES Green-on-black "BAG LOADED [Flight Number] PIT AFT" -- and sure enough it came out on the other end.

We survived for multiple decades with no proactive bag tracking at all and then for many years with bag tracking only available by asking an agent -- little to fear if it doesn't show up in the app, particularly if it was originally tagged by another airline and may not appear in the UA PNR checkin history.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
If it wasn’t working, that’s going to be the issue, but you can always manually look up by tag number (using the stub they give you at time if bag check) vs. in the itinerary once you check it. Usually, it shows up, but if not, that would work too.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bag tags text message

Something of a non-sequitur to this discussion, but I rather appreciate the text message United have started sending when I check bags. It has the tag numbers and comes pretty much instantly.

Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA CK; UA 1P
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle

same app bag track issue for me today. System only showed prior leg of multiple leg trip. Manual input of bag tag # also did not work. Did receive SMS message with correct bag #.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Seemed to work fine for me on the app this weekend.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
It is nice to have this feature as part of the United App.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 8:12 am

Woot to the EWR bag loaders (and thanks to UA for not being on time).

Bags did end up on my flight. According to in-app tracking (which never worked yesterday, by bag tag or otherwise - but started today) - they were loaded 40 minutes after the flight was supposed to depart (and about 5 minutes before we actually pushed off, after everyone boarded). Whew.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Tracker was not working for me yesterday -- like others. First it would timeout. Then it said there were no bags associated to the record. Later they showed up in the tracker as loaded to our flight and then off-loaded upon landing. Now waiting for our connecting flight.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
Rechecked bag at ORD T5; then itdisappeared from reservation

Hi all.

I'm in the UA Polaris lounge right now waiting on my domestic connection to ATL.

Itinerary SPU-MUC-ORD-ATL, one itinerary, booked with UA directly, in J.
Checked in with OU this morning at SPU. Have an OU issued bag tag, tagged all the way to ATL. Bag showed up on the UA app till I got to ORD.

Picked up bag, cleared customs, dropped the bag off at T5 recheck. It was scanned there. Went to T1. But now the UA app says there's no bag associated with the itinerary. Spoke w Cust service at the Polaris desk. She couldn't find the bag in the system either. She said "they should've given you a separate UA tag when you rechecked". That's the first I've heard of that.

So now, obviously, I wonder if the bag will show up in ATL.

If not, of course, I'll make a claim at the UA bag office in ATL. But I wonder how that will go if the OU tag number isn't even showing up. Bizarre. I thought all of this would be seamless given it's *A.

Have y'all heard about new tags having to be printed for UA at T5, for a single itinerary ticket?

​​​​
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gashwingomes
If not, of course, I'll make a claim at the UA bag office in ATL. But I wonder how that will go if the OU tag number isn't even showing up. Bizarre. I thought all of this would be seamless given it's *A.
*A is primarily a marketing alliance.

Originally Posted by gashwingomes
Have y'all heard about new tags having to be printed for UA at T5, for a single itinerary ticket?
No. That's nonsense.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.