Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Azmordean
I'd love to see more out of SJC period. For me, the main route would be SJC-IAD, and occasionally SJC-IAH, but I'd like to see more across the board. I find it funny that SJC - LHR and SJC - NRT non-stops now exist, but no one does SJC - IAD.

I don't mind SFO -- as far as large airports go, it's very efficient in my view -- but as someone who lives in Mountain View, SJC is a whole different level of easy. And of course it's closer to me and half the cost on Lyft.

Honestly, if someone other than UA hubbed SJC and had a decent selection of non-stops (including transcons and IAD) it might be enough to make me switch my flying loyalty.
More SJC would be nice for those of us living in Monterey Bay as well. You can't always count on MRY-SFO...MRY-LAX has more frequency/reliability but all in all it would be nice when MRY doesn't work to be able to just drive to SJC and save 60-80 min.
Excited for later this year when I return to Thailand to do it on NH SJC-NRT w/ my TYO stop over.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I'd like EWR-VIE as well, but Austrian airlines is *A, and I imagine that there must not be the volume to support that route.

As for your Scandinavian routes, I wish they'd bring back EWR-CPH on a seasonal basis. Probably not happening, though, with SAS on that route and CPH being one of their primary hubs.
CPH would be nice as well. Awesome city and lots of SK connections.

Those are the two routes (EWR-VIE/CPH) that, even though I understand the logic of the *A routes already there, I often forget UA doesn't fly. They're such big *A stations, often I instinctively assume UA serves them.

I'll keep hoping and dreaming
Old May 1, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
I'd love to see BKK brought back from somewhere first!

but love to see the following as well:

EWR-PRG
EWR-IST (I know UA didn't last long before)
EWR-BUD
EWR-JNB
EWR/ORD-KEF
EWR/ORD-WAW
ORD-DUS
SFO-GRU/GIG (be nice to have that service- good Asia to connector)
Old May 1, 2016, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
SNA-SJC
Old May 1, 2016, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Azmordean
if someone other than UA hubbed SJC and had a decent selection of non-stops (including transcons and IAD) it might be enough to make me switch my flying loyalty.
I think that when the taxi lobby forced BART to avoid SJC, that was pretty much a death knell for the airport's viability.
Old May 3, 2016, 10:22 pm
Suspended

DIK to MSP or Chicago.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: GS, Marriott Titanium LT, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
LAX - HND
Old May 4, 2016, 10:38 pm

United nonstop service IAH-PVG

i really think United should start nonstop service between IAH-PVG 3x weekly service using a 787-800 aircraft.

1.AA has this nonstop service between DFW-PVG

2. after SFO-CTU SFO-XIY (new) SFO-HGH (new)
Old May 5, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I'd like a flight from BRU to the west coast (LAX or SFO). It would have no competition at all given there are no west coast flights from BRU by any carrier and it could make money using a 787...
Old May 5, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by beyondhere
UA also lacks PHL-EWR, but the PHL region is closer. I suppose it's because of a lack of slots on the EWR side, and Amtrak making it possible to take the train from Harrisburg to NYC, cutting O&D potential.

Arguably, by UA not making MDT-EWR available, one is less inclined to use EWR for international from that area, like MDT-EWR-BOM and if forced to drive, then would rather drive two hours south to IAD and fly EK on IAD-DXB-BOM, where you can travel with 2 bags checked included.

While Amtrak works for O&D into PHL and NYC, I don't think it works well for international travel where one is inclined to carry atleast one large suitcase.
PHL and MDT customers still have IAD for international connections on all-aircraft service.

Plus driving to EWR from MDT in my opinion is better than IAD in some ways. All it takes is one accident on that rural part of route 15 and you're sweating making it...why not consider driving to ABE and taking the UA "flight" (shuttle bus) to EWR? You luggage is checked at ABE and less driving for you.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Muerz
Antalya is a cheap all-inclusive tourist destination with no international appeal whatsoever. If your statement were true, then there would be no international flights to Orlando, Miami or Las Vegas. Antalya could be compared to Branson, Mi but not to those tourism hotspots mentioned above.
I think that it would be more correct to say that Antalya is a cheap tourist destination with no North American appeal whatsoever. There are lots of flights, mostly LCC/package, from Russia and many places in Europe.

You might compare it someplace like the Bahamas in North America -- a major tourist destination, but a regional one.
Old May 6, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
SFO-MIA that has to be one the biggest missing links in the UA network.
Old May 6, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: GS, Marriott Titanium LT, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sluis
SFO-MIA that has to be one the biggest missing links in the UA network.
Agreed, same applies to LAX-MIA.
Old May 8, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ballerinajz
i really think United should start nonstop service between IAH-PVG 3x weekly service using a 787-800 aircraft.

1.AA has this nonstop service between DFW-PVG

2. after SFO-CTU SFO-XIY (new) SFO-HGH (new)
Same explanation that they should have an IAH-HKG.
Clearly there's an demand because AA has DFW-HKG and it's been having decent loads.

However IAH-PVG won't happen once UA started LAX-PVG.
Old May 9, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Same explanation that they should have an IAH-HKG.
Clearly there's an demand because AA has DFW-HKG and it's been having decent loads.

However IAH-PVG won't happen once UA started LAX-PVG.
I would LOVE IAH-HKG.

I would also like anywhere in the U.S. to South Africa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.