Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA service to Paine Field (PAE - Everett/Seattle, WA) (Suspending service 5 Oct 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by kevflyer
United has continued to evaluate and adapt its network and based on demand trends, the airline will suspend service from Denver (DEN) to Everett, Washington (PAE), effective Oct. 5, 2021. United will continue to serve the region with non-stop service to Seattle (SEA) from Denver, New York/Newark, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco.
United Airlines Announces Tickets Now Available for New Daily Service Between Paine Field and Denver and San Francisco
Now offering customers six daily flights connecting Seattle-area to more than 110 destinations
United Airlines returns to Paine Field where it operated the first commercial flight in 1939

EVERETT, Wash., Nov. 26, 2018 / -- United Airlines today announced it will begin nonstop service between Paine Field/Snohomish County Airport and its hubs in Denver and San Francisco. Subject to government approval, United will operate two daily flights from Denver and four daily flights from San Francisco, beginning March 31, 2019. Tickets are now available for purchase.

"We are excited to offer our Seattle and Northwest Washington area travelers new opportunities to easily access our hubs in Denver and San Francisco," said Ankit Gupta, United's vice president of Domestic Network Planning. "With United's six daily flights from Paine Field beginning this spring, our new service will conveniently connect customers from the Northern Seattle, Snohomish and Northern King County areas to the world's largest business and leisure destinations with just one stop."

United operates up to 40 daily flights between Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and its U.S. hubs. North Seattle and Northwest Washington are among the fastest growing areas in the nation and United's new service connects Paine Field to two of the airline's largest hubs offering customers more opportunities to easily connect to hundreds of domestic destinations including California's Central Coast, Colorado, Hawaii and New York City. United's new service also offers customers more opportunities to conveniently connect to popular international destinations including Sydney, London, and Mexico City.

"We are excited about the business and travel opportunities that will come with United's service at Paine Field," said Dave Somers, Snohomish County Executive. "Snohomish County is proud to be part of this very exciting story in commercial aviation."

"United's new service at Everett will allow customers to get on a United plane in Everett and easily connect to hundreds of destinations around the world while enjoying United's world class service," said Brett Smith, Propeller Airport's CEO.
Print Wikipost

UA service to Paine Field (PAE - Everett/Seattle, WA) (Suspending service 5 Oct 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by DELee
Wasn't able to book UA in/out of PAE for the Boeing Factory Tour/PAE/SEA mini-DO March 22-24, 2019 since service begins after the DO.
Any FTers booked on UA in/out of PAE yet?
David
I'll be on the inaugural SFO-PAE, which is a couple hours after the real UA PAE inaugural--DEN-PAE. Too bad DEN departure is too early for me to connect same-day.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA
If one of the 6:00AM departures is chronically late, this will cause some major pains at PAE. The terminal only has two gates and with 24 departures per day, will have some very high gate utilization.
So, Im not sure how theyre doing the morning flights, but PAE actually has three gates: 1, 2A, and 2B. 2B does not have a jetbridge. Today, AS was using gate 1 and AS and UA were sharing gate 2. If there was only one flight during a time slot, theyd use 2A. If there were two, theyd use both 2A and 2B. AS had a PAE-SJC flight at 2 PM at gate 2A; UA had a PAE-SFO flight at 1:54 PM at gate 2B. UA customers on that flight walked to the plane and boarded via a ramp.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
A couple of observations after flying PAE-DEN in late May...

--Rental car offices are scattered in the vicinity of PAE, with most offering shuttle service. No consolidated rental car facility, and you don't return rental cars to the actual airport property.

--All PAE restrooms are singles. Your own private space.

--Kind of interesting/haunting to see the dozens of 737MAX planes in storage and highly visible in the terminal, and also as you taxi out and take off.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
--All PAE restrooms are singles. Your own private space.
If you can a) get into one and b) can stand the smell if they've not cleaned recently.

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
--Kind of interesting/haunting to see the dozens of 737MAX planes in storage and highly visible in the terminal, and also as you taxi out and take off.
Boeing's storing MAXes at Everett?

David
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

Boeing is storing MAXes everywhere they have a parking spot. RNT, BFI, PAE, MWH, SKF...
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Boeing is storing MAXes everywhere they have a parking spot.
Including various employee parking lots!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
If you can a) get into one and b) can stand the smell if they've not cleaned recently.

David
They are. It's a parade of international livery.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Beginning of the end???
Originally Posted by Robt760
It looks like United has dropped SFO-PAE as of March 2020. This according to the schedule changes.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass/AA Plat Admirals Club/SQ Solitaire
Yup, DEN still operating
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Toshbaf
Beginning of the end???
I just booked SFO-PAE, going to Whistler and SFO-YVR on the flights that work time wise is $900/ticket, SFO-PAE is $179/ticket RT. Given that I am picking up a rental car, PAE works well, better than SEA, which is much more expensive....

But the seat map is empty.... I see why UA did this, but I expect they will get back to just SEA, as it allows more flights, which are needed to complete with DAL and AS.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by spin88
I see why UA did this, but I expect they will get back to just SEA, as it allows more flights, which are needed to compete with DAL and AS.
UA trying to compete into someone else's hub? That's good for a laugh
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by spin88
But the seat map is empty.... I see why UA did this, but I expect they will get back to just SEA, as it allows more flights, which are needed to complete with DAL and AS.
Judging from the flights I'm taking, I think UA is pretty much "at capacity" -- economy seems to always have at least a couple seats open for flights I've taken (SFO/ORD/IAD). As much as I want UA to add service so I have more flexible international connections, I just don't think the customer base is there when competing against AS/DL.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Moved a discussion about rail service to USA airports to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...l-service.html

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Jul 18, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
The experiment is over. According to Google Flights, United's last day at PAE will be October 4th. Alaska will be the only one left unless a LCC comes in.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
The experiment is over. According to Google Flights, United's last day at PAE will be October 4th. Alaska will be the only one left unless a LCC comes in.
Very sad to see this. I haven't had a chance to fly UA ex-PAE yet.. Too little too late, but I guess I'll need to book a ticket in the next couple months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.