Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Waited in line to talk to "gate agent", turns out was just there to help a Non-Rev!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waited in line to talk to "gate agent", turns out was just there to help a Non-Rev!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by dcbarry
There was no clue they were not there working the line, as the flight had been / is delayed three times, and he had been in place there when I walked up.

If I'm an agent in uniform, behind a podium at an active gate, where a queue has formed, how are you not presenting yourself as someone who is there to serve the queue forming in front of you?
Surely, he or she could have seen there was a line behind his/her friend and he/she could have used a little bit of brain power to assume people were lining up for a reason and re-directed everyone to an appropriate desk right?

{W}hen you have employee's like this...you wonder why the airline has so much negative press.\

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 22, 2017 at 8:52 pm Reason: Discuss the issues, not the poster(s)
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Miles
Just got to destination.

1) for those who posted as if I walked up to an in active gate ---- No this was the an active gate where about 180 other PAX had been for two hours as the flight kept getting pushed forward.

2) I'll dilute my shenanigans comments (although it was clear from multiple fragments the non employee non rev was trying to do something outside the standards) The conversation between them was along the lines of well, they (UA) don't want us to do this, but if I do this, then delete this, then do that, I can circumvent this..... now granted a lot of revenue people do this and discuss stuff here, and if I'm not seeing or hearing it, I don't mind or care if non revs are doing the same. I object to standing in line 45 minutes watching it.

3) The point is, someone is working in uniform, at an active gate, where clearly a line has formed. Why would anyone assume they were not working the desk. The non-rever clearly saw the line but did nothing to discourage it. And, yes, standing in line for 45 minutes seems foolish in retrospect, but really, what am I supposed to do? Start yelling that you've spent too much time helping s non-rev? Since my request was discretionary, I didn't want to piss anyone off, I just figured suck it up and be patient.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 22, 2017 at 9:43 pm Reason: Discuss the issues, not the poster(s)
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Miles
Originally Posted by fastair
OP, what was the "shenanigan" conspiracy they were planning? Details please. Hopefully nothing as shady as trying to book a prohibited speculative booking far out and changing it to what you want to avoid paying the required $300 close in booking fees on (4) tickets.
Oh, aren't you clever Mr. Detective... as stated.... I don't care about a non rever gaming the system and I have no problem with non revs getting the best benefits they can...... I do the same in my travel related job as well. But I don't take rooms away from paying customers, nor would I go to the front desk at my company business and hold up a line for 45 minutes when a line of clients formed behind me. In fact I nearly always let others step in front of me when I am traveling under privilledge, because I want the desk person to know that's how things are done, and I appreciate the privilidge.

And, no, I don't believe a non rev can never get in line with other customers, and do reasonable business and utilize there benefits, before you assume that's what î'm saying....
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by dcbarry
3) The point is, someone is working in uniform, at an active gate, where clearly a line has formed. Why would anyone assume they were not working the desk. The non-rever clearly saw the line but did nothing to discourage it. And, yes, standing in line for 45 minutes seems foolish in retrospect, but really, what am I supposed to do? Start yelling that you've spent too much time helping s non-rev? Since my request was discretionary, I didn't want to piss anyone off, I just figured suck it up and be patient.
Maybe say, "Excuse me, can you help me?" Butt in. Interject. I don't understand how you can wait for 45 minutes without making a fuss about it. You clearly have no trouble making a big deal on this forum, so why didn't you make a big deal about it there?

Now, again there's no excuse for the gate agent and passenger. But I'm having a hard time finding an excuse for you too. I don't understand how you can wait 45 minutes and do nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.