Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges (SAS only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
T5 Lounges
SAS Business Lounge
Departure level,M13,Next to departure gate M13-M15
limited hours
SAS is in process of leaving *A for ST

LX lounges -- closed due to COVID and never reopened

T1 has UA Polaris Lounge and UCs

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, AC 25K, United MP Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

I rarely fly through ORD but I am this week, and have a 6 hour layover there . I'm flying UA internationally out of ORD and am Premier Gold so have access to UC and *G lounges. Should I spend my time in the UC in Terminal 1 or head over to T5 and check out the SAS or SWISS lounges?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
They're all fairly similar (LX is a bit better), but unless you are exceptionally bored I wouldn't go through security multiple times. Also the Publican Tavern in T3 is great!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by myshaft
I rarely fly through ORD but I am this week, and have a 6 hour layover there . I'm flying UA internationally out of ORD and am Premier Gold so have access to UC and *G lounges. Should I spend my time in the UC in Terminal 1 or head over to T5 and check out the SAS or SWISS lounges?
Can you change to a flight that gets into ORD earlier? Even with the 6 hours, you are able to take the train into town and have a nice afternoon.

One hour travel time each way (liberal - will prob take less time). Give yourself 1 extra hour at ORD before departure.

That gives you three hours in downtown Chicago.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by revigik
They're all fairly similar (LX is a bit better), but unless you are exceptionally bored I wouldn't go through security multiple times. Also the Publican Tavern in T3 is great!
I personally wasn't impressed with either the LX or SK lounges at the ORD T5. LX was too hot and SK was too small for its two flights. If flying UA, NH, or LH, I would just recommend sticking to the United Club. With perhaps a pause to grab a sandwich at Tortas Frontera.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
If you don't have a boarding pass for a flight leaving from T5, I'm not sure TSA will let you go thru security at T5. Does anyone know for sure?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Lakeviewsteve
If you don't have a boarding pass for a flight leaving from T5, I'm not sure TSA will let you go thru security at T5. Does anyone know for sure?
This - no access to T5.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ght=ORD+lounge
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ght=ORD+lounge
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...ght=ORD+lounge

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Feb 21, 2017 at 4:27 pm Reason: corrected thread link
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lakeviewsteve
I have tried twice and shown the way to get to Terminal 1 both times
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, AC 25K, United MP Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I have tried twice and shown the way to get to Terminal 1 both times
Well that answers my question
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
If you insist you have lounge access and want to go through they will let you into T5. I just don't think it's worth it anymore (used to be before UA Club was upgraded).
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA1K
i would go into town. much more entertaining than sitting at ORD
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
If you don't want to go all the way downtown but want to leave the airport, there's stuff around the Logan Square (about 25 minutes when the trains are running well) and Damen (Wicker Park) stops that can kill an hour or two.

Another option is to head over to the O'Hare Hilton across from the terminals.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:05 am

International Chicago*G Lounge

After landing in Chicago from an international United flight (connecting to a domestic United flight), is it possible to physically access the SAS Business Lounge in Terminal 5?

Or would I have to rely on the United clubs on the domestic side?

Thanks
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
When you arrive on any international flight at O'Hare you must clear immigration and customs. You will then be land side and unable to access any lounges in T5.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:17 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by MADPhil
When you arrive on any international flight at O'Hare you must clear immigration and customs. You will then be land side and unable to access any lounges in T5.

in most practice, this is good advice, but I don't believe the TSA in terminal 5 do more than scan a valid same day boarding pass and check ID. It's doubtful they would prevent you access to the dptr level, regardless of which terminal your flight was leaving from
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Are you flying in J on UA? If so, why not visit the Polaris lounge instead? That is my plan when I do CDG-ORD-EWR next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.