Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Clubs, fairly similiar amentities
- near Gate C4 (reported open by Say Vandelay on Aug 29 2023)
- near Gate C7
- near Gate D8
- near Gate C17

Terminal B (B45/47)
- LH Business/Senator Lounges
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]
- TK Lounge
Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

UA Polaris Lounge -- IAD Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

IAD United Club: Which is best?

Restaurant option for Priority Pass (Chase, Citi):
Chef Geoff's - https://liveandletsfly.com/chef-geoffs-dulles-review/

archve: Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PushingTin
Flying out of C12. WHich Club lounge is better? C7 or C17? Is C7 the one where you go downstairs? Been 5 years since I’ve flown through.
C17 and D8 are downstairs, C7 is on the terminal floor. I prefer C7 unless it is overcrowded - if you can get a seat next to the windows the view is better than in C17, which has more seating space.
SPN Lifer and Say Vandelay like this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Nice tour through IAD Turkish and Lufthansa lounges earlier this week. 2-5pm. No issues accessing each one twice as a * Gold. Quick review:

1. Turkish Airlines Lounge had better Wi-Fi but lesser quality food (IMO) and super crowded. The one bartender did a great job even though there were 4-5 people in line for most of my visit. Hard to find a seat anywhere.

2. Lufthansa was empty at the time. Food and drink was great but Wi-fi terrible. Went to Turkish twice and Lufthansa twice overall, they're right next to each other.

Turkish Airline Lounge:

Old Jun 3, 2023, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Continuing my above post, Lufthansa lounge:

Old Jun 3, 2023, 10:17 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tstauck
Continuing my above post, Lufthansa lounge:
​​​​​​
Based on the photos, it looks like I'd eat in the TK lounge, and then drop the food off in the LH lounge on my way to the gate.
chemengin and UAFAM like this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
What is the best option for a pre-flight evening meal?

I'm thinking Chef Geoff would be the most convenient plus a variety of menu options. If there is extra time I can then head to the UC fka RCC. Of course this is only free for Chase and Citi PP members and UC members.

In the past I have visited LH when I have extra time, but I'm now thinking the pretzels and beer (as much as I love em) are not worth the hassle of later hiking to Terminal C. And I think TK is jammed early evening.

Nb: I see rumors of a Cap1 lounge opening soon - anybody know the timing for that?
Old Jul 5, 2023, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
TK lounge is often jammed around the time I am there for the SK IAD-CPH flights or ditching that flight for other plans, but the lounge does have some small waves of emptying out between 4-6:30pm such that I can get a seat somewhere to eat there.

I prefer the TK lounge food to LH’s, and so while I do terminal hop to eat at the TK lounge, I wouldn’t do so for the LH lounge.
big V likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I liked Virgin and AF, but think that with travel coming back, they’ve greatly restricted card access. I think LH is a little better now than pre-COVID, and also less crowded since I think the actual international business flyers are all over in the Polaris lounge. TK always crowded, but I manage to get a seat. Still, unless I have a lot of time, I don’t bother with A/B.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
What is the best option for a pre-flight evening meal?

I'm thinking Chef Geoff would be the most convenient plus a variety of menu options. If there is extra time I can then head to the UC fka RCC. Of course this is only free for Chase and Citi PP members and UC members.

In the past I have visited LH when I have extra time, but I'm now thinking the pretzels and beer (as much as I love em) are not worth the hassle of later hiking to Terminal C. And I think TK is jammed early evening.

Nb: I see rumors of a Cap1 lounge opening soon - anybody know the timing for that?
The ads in the terminal for the Cap1 Lounge all claim Summer 2023. So it will probably be in 2024
The location of it won't be good for connecting pax unless you're going between A/B/C/D and Z, as it is going to be located just beyond security in the main terminal.
Probably no worse than getting to the TK/LH lounge from C/D.
SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just visited IAD at 6pm Sunday. Here's my take:
  • Cap1 lounge - "coming soon" - location will be fantastic for departing passengers as it is just past security checkpoint, you won't have to double back from a lounge in one terminal to a flight in another.
  • TK lounge - extremely disappointing. Packed to the gills, probably due to people with PP cards. Food offerings were mediocre, except for the hummus and pita. Line at bar. Lukewarm canned drinks in fridge. Will not waste my time here again.
  • LH lounge - fantastic as always. Plenty of open seats, maybe because the staff was turning away PP cards (though I sailed right in with *G domestic UA flight). Sadly the old style pretzels were replaced by greasy inedible pretzel sticks. But they had two wonderful green salads and a host of other delicious food items. Plus the beloved draft beer. Also much closer to the train between terminals than the TK lounge. Will definitely return.
  • UC lounge near C17. Very crowded, and the food spread was not nearly as nice as I've seen at LAX, SFO, IAH, etc. The dungeon space is also less appealing than LH. YMMV.
Unfortunately no time to visit the PP restaurants after all the lounge visits. Maybe next time.
whlinder, Say Vandelay and tstauck like this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Any recommendation on which lounge to shower at in IAD?

1k with PP connecting to LH F

guessing either Polaris or Senator lounge
Old Jul 13, 2023, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by oblisk
Any recommendation on which lounge to shower at in IAD?

1k with PP connecting to LH F

guessing either Polaris or Senator lounge
It's been a long time since I have been in The LH Senator lounge at IAD. Do they even have shower there?
EDIT - Maybe they had some downstairs? But LH website doesn't indicate showers available there...

Would think Polaris would be the best bet anyway, assuming there is not a long wait. Are you transiting during peak time?

Last edited by goodeats21; Jul 13, 2023 at 2:24 pm Reason: added
Old Jul 13, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
TK for now

I have not used the showers in the Polaris Lounge. I will be there in November and let you know?
In the meantime, the showers in the TK Lounge are more than adequate. IF you have time to go to Terminal B, try there.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
It's been a long time since I have been in The LH Senator lounge at IAD. Do they even have shower there?
EDIT - Maybe they had some downstairs? But LH website doesn't indicate showers available there...

Would think Polaris would be the best bet anyway, assuming there is not a long wait. Are you transiting during peak time?
LH have (or maybe now had) showers downstairs. It's been quite a while (years) since I've used them. They were serviceable. PL feels a little nicer, although I have to say I really appreciated the temperature setting (low) at LH.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 3:54 pm

TK IAD lounge only had one shower(doubles as single occupancy bathroom ) and one bathroom (single occupancy any gender). Quite often there's a line just to use bathroom

believe LH business lounge (basement/downstairs) has more than one shower, and the bathroom (separate gender) is NOT single-occupancy (aka there are stalls/dividers)
SPN Lifer and Antonio8069 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Landed at in C gates....

We arrived at the Polaris lounge as someone else (Will post in other thread). Took a while to get in, was an absolute MADHOUSE, mrs and I did a prompt about turn and headed over to Senator Lounge, used the shower downstairs, 100% functional just extraordinarily dated, Room was spacious, which helps. Always hate having to cram into a tiny shower room w/ a suitcase.
goodeats21 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.