Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Clubs, fairly similiar amentities
- near Gate C4 (reported open by Say Vandelay on Aug 29 2023)
- near Gate C7
- near Gate D8
- near Gate C17

Terminal B (B45/47)
- LH Business/Senator Lounges
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]
- TK Lounge
Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

UA Polaris Lounge -- IAD Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

IAD United Club: Which is best?

Restaurant option for Priority Pass (Chase, Citi):
Chef Geoff's - https://liveandletsfly.com/chef-geoffs-dulles-review/

archve: Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: EB Diamond (SK*G), Accor Platinum
I can see in some pics that TK lounge now is equipped with three local beer taps! I am not sure if those are complementary or for purchase!? I am visiting there in a month so curious!
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Below is the current condition of IAD United Club @D8. I know it is not entirely United’s fault that we are in the 4th decade of the “temporary” C/D concourses, but United should at least maintain it at a presentable state.
Sorry, but that excuse no longer hunts. Unless MWAA funded the Concourse B project on their own, without any contribution from the airlines that use it, they all must have chipped in. If UA really valued IAD, a new C/D terminal would have been built by now.

Last edited by halls120; Oct 4, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Does anyone recall what the Turkish Airlines lounge is serving at breakfast time? (or for that matter, the nearby priority pass lounges?) I'm wondering if it's worth a detour to concourse A/B.

thanks!
They do not have alot for bfast, but they do have better liquor.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:43 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon
I can see in some pics that TK lounge now is equipped with three local beer taps! I am not sure if those are complementary or for purchase!? I am visiting there in a month so curious!
I haven't been to the Turkish lounge in quite a while but everything was complimentary when I was there last.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon
yes they have local beer on tap including Lost Rhino and yes it is complimentary. All drinks in TK lounge are.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have an 11:30am until 5pm layover coming up. Flight leaves on a domestic first that connects to a Polaris business class ticket at my next destination. I believe I’ll be allowed into LH lounge as well?

I figured it would make the time go by faster if I lounge hopped
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
I have an 11:30am until 5pm layover coming up. Flight leaves on a domestic first that connects to a Polaris business class ticket at my next destination. I believe I’ll be allowed into LH lounge as well?

I figured it would make the time go by faster if I lounge hopped
Lounge hopping is allowed. But you will go to LH Business (lower level) if you do not have *A Gold status. I would rather spend a good chunk of time at Polaris lounge at IAD.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Later this month, connecting in IAD from UA to LH to FRA in F with about a 5-hour layover.

Is the Senator Lounge planning to open soon? If not, would you choose the Polaris Lounge or LH Business Lounge (or Polaris initially then the LH Lounge)?

I've seen airports with no LH F lounge with a roped off F section, and anyone in that section would be walked to the plane. Is that still the case in the LH Business Lounge?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Later this month, connecting in IAD from UA to LH to FRA in F with about a 5-hour layover.

Is the Senator Lounge planning to open soon? If not, would you choose the Polaris Lounge or LH Business Lounge (or Polaris initially then the LH Lounge)?

I've seen airports with no LH F lounge with a roped off F section, and anyone in that section would be walked to the plane. Is that still the case in the LH Business Lounge?
SEN lounge is open, but the F offering is just roped off section there (rather than in the J lounge, which is moderately less nice).

I would spend most time at Polaris, then perhaps just twenty minutes before flight go to LH.
chrisny2 and tarheelnj like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
SEN lounge is open....
Thanks for confirming. Did it reopen recently?

UA needs to update its Web site and app - still showing the SEN lounge as Closed.

Also, LH and *A Websites both show Senator Lounge as closed.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for confirming. Did it reopen recently?

UA needs to update its Web site and app - still showing the SEN lounge as Closed.

Also, LH and *A Websites both show Senator Lounge as closed.
No it has been open for well over a year. I see LH website shows only J lounge open and says nothing about SEN, but that is inaccurate. I think they simply aren't distinguishing the upstairs (SEN) lounge and the downstairs (J) lounge.
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

Polaris lounge wins in any scenario. Even pre-Covid the F offering at IAD was weak.
chrisny2 and tarheelnj like this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold
TK lounge was super packed today at 3:30pm. LH lounge was much much quieter. Tried that pretzel but man was it salty…
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: EB Diamond (SK*G), Accor Platinum
I am now trying to book my ticket that can be any star alliance or United from IAD to Europe. I know they are located in different terminals. I would like to decide based on the lounge experience I can get lol. Would you prefer TK or LH to United Club? I have been to both TK and LH lounges and both were quite good.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Food wise, TK is better than LH (IMHO). I like the sort of quiet space they have in the back area as well, though the lounge can be busy depending on how many pax are using PP to access it.

In terms of the UA lounges, they are ok, though are definitely packed around the TATL departure bank. When I flew to VIE in December, they had a local chef providing plates of pork loin which was quite good. But that’s definitely an outlier and I wouldn’t plan on it everyday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.