Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Forced in-flight DirecTV ads need to stop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forced in-flight DirecTV ads need to stop

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
If you want an image that isn't flickering or distracting, try the flight map! Much more relaxing and doesn't bother me as it changes while I am reading a book or magazine.
It seems the flight map channel is no longer free.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by paule123
It seems the flight map channel is no longer free.
I noticed that as well last week, but couldn't remember if it was always that way or if it was new.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by greg99
I noticed that as well last week, but couldn't remember if it was always that way or if it was new.
I believe it has always been that way. Unless you paid for DTV in coach, I don't recall ever being able to access the flight map.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:39 pm

Yeah in my experience it's been restricted to paid since at least the beginning of this year. I don't remember if it was like that further out as I was flying on a different airline.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eeflyer
Yeah in my experience it's been restricted to paid since at least the beginning of this year. ....
It has always required payment in economy on DirecTV equipped lights (unless the crew hit the magic free-for-all button)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
UA's PTV's domestically are a joke, especially considering AA, DL, VX, B6, and WN (via devices) offer lots of free content.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kale73
I'm usually not that interested, but was glad to be able to keep up with the developments in LAS.
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if that's the reason it was free.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: 1.3mm
i’ve learned to fold the safety card over the screen(s) so to block out all the light... and i do my best to not book those flight if i have the flexibility... hate the DirectTV!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by United777Heavy
i’ve learned to fold the safety card over the screen(s) so to block out all the light... and i do my best to not book those flight if i have the flexibility... hate the DirectTV!
I'll take an 800 over a 900 (w/o t.v.) anytime, and not for the t.v. experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.