Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heartfelt Thanks to United

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
My deepest condolences to you and your family. I am touched by the special moments that you were able to share with your wife. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take care.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Your touching note brought tears to me and no doubt others. Sincere and heartfelt condolences on the loss of your wife and best friend. I can't imagine the pain and sorry that you have experienced. Thank you very much for sharing your positive experiences with United during this most difficult time.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

Thank you for your moving tribute to your wife and to UA.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: None anymore
Thank you so much for sharing your story, and I am so so sorry for your loss. In regards to United, it seems like they are able to really help when empowered to do so, and when it counts. I'm glad they were able to this time in your time of need.

Best wishes to you!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
A touching tribute to both your wife and United. My condolences to you and all of those mourning your lovely wife.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your wife. It's nice to read that United took care of the situation and hopefully alleviated any additional stress and worry during this difficult time.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by flyme2
I wish to extend my sincere thanks to United and the 1K staff that recently helped me through an extremely difficult period in my life. My wife was diagnosed with cancer on November 24 and succumbed to the disease on April 20. She was 54.
The early prognosis was hopeful, so we rescheduled a few of our six upcoming trips for later in the year and canceled others that would have interfered with her treatment. Throughout the process, the UA personnel with whom I dealt were the epitome of kindness and understanding. They rescheduled the two trips we decided were doable, and even re-routed us on a direct AC flight when inclement Chicago weather would have resulted in a series of misconnected UA flights. Any and all change fees were proactively waived.
Unfortunately, upon returning from our last trip, my wife's condition suddenly deteriorated, and she passed away 16 days later. Still reeling from shock, dealing with superfluous travel issues was furthest from my list of priorities. Last week I got around to dealing with refund requests for the remaining flights that would not be flown. Again the UA staff were solicitous and respectful. Truthfully, I was not confident those tickets that were non-refundable P and W fares would actually be refunded. However, true to what I had been told, all tickets were refunded without fees, only a few days later. At this point, the money is really irrelevant, but the fact that UA showed such empathy and compassion will stay with me forever. Thank you, UA and Mr. Munoz for bringing a sliver of light to what has been a very dark period in my life.
My deepest condolences to you. I am so glad that United came through and helped you to cancel your remaining flights. You are so fortunate to have had so many traveling memories with your wife. May the memories provide you comfort during the upcoming days months and years. Please let us know what we can do for you. Our FT community I am sure will be here to offer you support.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
My condolences for the loss of your wife. It was really sad to read.

It is nice to however hear that United treated you well during your time of darkness. It's not something one reads often on Flyertalk. Kudos to the United team.

God bless.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:43 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Sorry for your loss
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Sending good thoughts your way, fly2me. Thanks for sharing your story, and I hope you can find comfort in your time of sorrow.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Sorry for your loss but so nice to hear what a great marriage you had for so many years. May you be comforted with the lasting memories of your wife. God bless
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
Sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:33 am

So sorry for your loss.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
My condolences on the loss of your wife. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, including the fine treatment by UA.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Sorry for your loss. It was a nice thing that UA did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.