Wiki Posts
Search

UA to Launch LAX-SIN!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by EmailKid
I'm fairly low maintenance, but but was offered NOTHING beyond basic Biz service on my LAX-SIN-LAX a couple of months ago

If I had to choose a word, it would be underwhelming ....
If you ask for the bedding, etc., they'll happily get them for you. I've been on flights where they handed them out to everyone and, aside from the pillow, over half the passengers handed them back. I think the way they do it--upon request--makes sense.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
If you ask for the bedding, etc., they'll happily get them for you. I've been on flights where they handed them out to everyone and, aside from the pillow, over half the passengers handed them back. I think the way they do it--upon request--makes sense.
My comment on the bedding was more of an aside .... my main point was that UA's touted "Polaris" product, come to think of it hard product as well, was just OK. Nothing to rave about like my LH intra Europe filghts

And yes, I know this was not True Polaris and I had a middle seat so all isle access for me, but overall it was just OK. Well over half hour late departure, which I should not comlain about since that was the only reason I made the connection from yet another delayed UA flight. LAX, late at night, so no SFO weather issues

Guess I should not complain, UA has gotten me to my destination on day they were supposed to on same day for last two years, unlike previous four when we arrived at least 24 late due to MX and other UA (NEVER WX) problems. Of course their late night tardy arrivals at / around midnight aren't pleasant
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My comment on the bedding was more of an aside .... my main point was that UA's touted "Polaris" product, come to think of it hard product as well, was just OK. Nothing to rave about like my LH intra Europe filghts

And yes, I know this was not True Polaris and I had a middle seat so all isle access for me, but overall it was just OK. Well over half hour late departure, which I should not comlain about since that was the only reason I made the connection from yet another delayed UA flight. LAX, late at night, so no SFO weather issues

Guess I should not complain, UA has gotten me to my destination on day they were supposed to on same day, unlike previous four when we arrived at least 24 late due to MX and other UA (NEVER WX) problems.
I whole-heartedly agree. I have yet to be on a Polaris flight, just Fauxlaris. The one thing I will say that United has gone above and beyond with the Polaris lounge at SFO. It's really good and exceeded my expectations. It reminds me of the imagination and ambition that had been lacking.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:50 pm

I'm fairly low maintenance, but but was offered NOTHING beyond basic Biz service on my LAX-SIN-LAX a couple of months ago

If I had to choose a word, it would be underwhelming ....
A Flyer Friendly experience for sure.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TurboFan779
The official Wikipedia range of the 789 is 7635 nm, and LAX-SIN is 7623. Adding fuel reserve requirements and westbound winds, I am really interested to see how they make this work.
No duty free helps too: every pound counts.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
On LAX-SIN they block out seats seasonally to not sell. Then if routing allows in the last hours they may accept SDC/reroutes/NRSA.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
After a year of operation and some light paid loads especially upfront, UA Ending LAX-SIN, going 2x daily SFO-SIN, 27 OCT 2018

Let's follow the discussion of the changes / rescheduling in the above thread

Will leave this thread open for discussion / questions of LAX-SIN flight operations until the change.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.