Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus Dining - Q&A, bonus, experiences, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus Dining - Q&A, bonus, experiences, ....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:01 pm
RNE

When I try to log in to MileagePlus Dining I get redirected to the united.com beta website. What gives?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RNE
When I try to log in to MileagePlus Dining I get redirected to the united.com beta website. What gives?
UA’s IT doing its best as always
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RNE
Seems to work fine for me but thanks for the reminder that I need to go update the card number due to older card dropped due to fraud activities.
RNE likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
Originally Posted by RNE
It was doing that for me for the last week+, and I had given up, but when I tried it just now it is working.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:59 pm

Quick question on saving miles. I don't have a lot of miles, about 21K, but I don't want to lose them. They are set to expire on 8/31. I bought a couple things through United Shopping earlier this month, but they haven't posted yet. I know that when they do they usually date them based on the spend date and that would recover my miles if it didn't post until after expiration. However, I am always nervous about shopping as you never really know if it works until the miles post. I also have United Dining and will do a quick dining run this weekend. When those post, do they also post based on the spend date? I don't want to have to buy any miles or spend any just to save the few that I have.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by dioxide45
Quick question on saving miles. I don't have a lot of miles, about 21K, but I don't want to lose them. They are set to expire on 8/31. I bought a couple things through United Shopping earlier this month, but they haven't posted yet. I know that when they do they usually date them based on the spend date and that would recover my miles if it didn't post until after expiration. However, I am always nervous about shopping as you never really know if it works until the miles post. I also have United Dining and will do a quick dining run this weekend. When those post, do they also post based on the spend date? I don't want to have to buy any miles or spend any just to save the few that I have.
Spend date.

Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:53 pm

Couple quick questions regarding the programme:
  1. The terms say this programme is only open to US residents (I'm a Canuck presently residing in England) does that mean I don't qualify? In reality have international UA members had any luck getting miles to post?
  2. How widespread is the program and how do they know you've bought something using the program? Between conferences and professional obligations, I'll be stateside a couple of times this year including at major UA outstations like LAX, SFO, ORD and EWR!
  3. Does this program extend outside the US (i.e. are there any restaurants in say Canada or the UK which participate)?
Safe Travels,

James
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
1. The terms might preclude you using it as a UK resident but they are not enforced or in any way enforceable as MP Dining doesn’t ask for any relevant information. I’m a UK resident (and always have been) and have used MP Dining for years.
2. It works off credit card numbers. You register your credit card(s) with them and the transaction posts automatically. I have three US cards registered with them but no foreign cards. I don’t know if it would work with foreign cards.
3. Don’t think so but not sure.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Couple quick questions regarding the programme:
  1. The terms say this programme is only open to US residents (I'm a Canuck presently residing in England) does that mean I don't qualify? In reality have international UA members had any luck getting miles to post?
  2. How widespread is the program and how do they know you've bought something using the program? Between conferences and professional obligations, I'll be stateside a couple of times this year including at major UA outstations like LAX, SFO, ORD and EWR!
  3. Does this program extend outside the US (i.e. are there any restaurants in say Canada or the UK which participate)?
Safe Travels,

James
Just adding to what you've got from lhrsfo, that leaves the question of how widespread the restaurants are. Its hot or miss - when I'm traveling in big, well-developed areas I can usually find something that's OK< especially because I eat a lot of pub grub and the like. There isn't any real connection with UA hubs vs other locations because they run the same program with the same restaurants for multiple other airlines (I'm aware of at least AS, DL, and AA), at least one hotel (Hilton), and just a free standing version where you get cash back instead of miles. But if I have a car in the burbs or am in a big city I can usually get to something. Be aware that a lot of their restaurants are struggling outfits. Doesn't mean they're bad (and certainly not unsanitary) - just that I've eaten in a lot of 20% full MP dining places, as well as some popular ones.
FTF
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I can't access the dining website for several hours now. Anyone else?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by stimpy
I can't access the dining website for several hours now. Anyone else?
I can access the website, and can even log into my account.

Laptop using Chrome
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
To qualify for VIP, it says you must dine 12 times in a calendar year. Do you need to requalify each year for VIP status?
Or once you qualify on say, Dec 28, you are VIP from then on including next year (and the next?)? Or do you need to requalify each year by dining 12 times before being VIP again come January?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Just adding to what you've got from lhrsfo, that leaves the question of how widespread the restaurants are. Its hot or miss - when I'm traveling in big, well-developed areas I can usually find something that's OK< especially because I eat a lot of pub grub and the like. There isn't any real connection with UA hubs vs other locations because they run the same program with the same restaurants for multiple other airlines (I'm aware of at least AS, DL, and AA), at least one hotel (Hilton), and just a free standing version where you get cash back instead of miles. But if I have a car in the burbs or am in a big city I can usually get to something. Be aware that a lot of their restaurants are struggling outfits. Doesn't mean they're bad (and certainly not unsanitary) - just that I've eaten in a lot of 20% full MP dining places, as well as some popular ones.
FTF
Matches my experience exactly. Sometimes the more popular places drop out of the program, because they don't need it considering the costs to them. More than once I've pulled up to a restaurant, including ones I've been to before, and found them closed. But if you are in populous areas, and look at it as a way to score some extra miles rather than your FF lifeblood, it's pretty darn useful. I eat at a lot of pubs too, so why not one with miles?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by linaseta
To qualify for VIP, it says you must dine 12 times in a calendar year. Do you need to requalify each year for VIP status?
Or once you qualify on say, Dec 28, you are VIP from then on including next year (and the next?)? Or do you need to requalify each year by dining 12 times before being VIP again come January?
You need to requalify every year, 1/1 through 12/31.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:03 pm
RNE

Any word if MP Dining is going to make it easier to re-qualify for VIP status, given the COVID-19 situation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.