Wiki Posts
Search

Opening of ON class??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services
Opening of ON class??

Can someone out there educate me? I have a couple business class fares that are pending ON class upgrade clearing (via GPU). When does that typically open up? I'm Global Services. Thanks for the information.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by Love_flying
Can someone out there educate me? I have a couple business class fares that are pending ON class upgrade clearing (via GPU). When does that typically open up? I'm Global Services. Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately, there is no "typical" timing or guaranty that it will ever open up. It is based Inventory Management deciding if it can sell that F seat as opposed to allowing it to go via a GPU. As departure date approaches, if seats remain the chances go up. There are reports on other threads that within 72 hours an agent can "force" the UG if there is sufficient inventory to do so. Again, YMMV. Bottom line is if you on a really popular/high value route where people are apt to pay for F (e.g. Middle East), the wait will be long and maybe never clear. For less popular routes, the chances improve. Sorry to not have a firm response.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If a number of premium seats are still for sale a few days out, the GS desk might manually clear a GPU. You might want to inquire with a savy (be prepared to HUCA) GS agent, how this might apply to ON space.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services
Originally Posted by cesco.g
If a number of premium seats are still for sale a few days out, the GS desk might manually clear a GPU. You might want to inquire with a savy (be prepared to HUCA) GS agent, how this might apply to ON space.
Sorry, but what does HUCA stand for?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Sorry, but what does HUCA stand for?
Hang Up, Call Again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.