Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges at IAH (options other than UCs)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cfischer
WT? No way. KL lounge in IAH all the way (until Amex opens ). Food is better, drinks are better, not super crowded during off hours.
Alcohol is indeed better and free and as I mentioned, it is generally not crowded, but both clubs now have soup (UA has better soup) and KL lounge just has veggie platter, poor sandwiches, pasta salad, yogurt, and chips. UA now has better food IMO.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
The E UC as a fun bar and historically a great lead bartender. At the same time, I've always enjoyed the better food and beverages at the KLM Club.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM
How easy is it to get from terminal C/E to D at IAH? Flying to LHR next week and curious to check out the lounges in the international terminal.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
How easy is it to get from terminal C/E to D at IAH? Flying to LHR next week and curious to check out the lounges in the international terminal.
Super easy. 5 min walk from either E or C-North United Clubs, and of course KLM and AF clubs are in D.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
The lounge scene at IAH is really boring. Things are bound to change with Amex and AA moving in, but for now there's really no exciting options.

The United Clubs are all pretty sad - they're old, busy, sometimes dirty. On the flip side, the Concourse E and the Concourse C South locations have showers. The new food offering is pretty decent, though at peak times you might have to fight to get a bite.

The KLM lounge, open to Priority Pass members, is more stylish and features a far nicer drink selection. However, it's pretty small, lacks daylight and doesn't have showers. It's a good option for free drinks and a somewhat quieter environment.

A new option is the Air France Lounge, which is now open to Priority Pass members. (IAH is an exception with AF and KL still operating separate lounges!) It's located near the KL lounge and is exquisitely quiet outside AF departure times, with really comfortable and elegant seating. The food and drink selection aren't impressive.

The bottom line:
- For a quiet environment go to AF or KL (or bounce between the UCs, sometimes one location is busy while others are quiet.)
- For food, go to the UC or perhaps AF.
- For drinks, go to KL.
- For showers, go to the two UCs that have them.

You will find much more details and in-depth reviews at loungereview.com (full disclosure, I contribute to loungereview.com):
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/iah/
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
No domestic UC has any real food. I've never been to the GFL in SFO but it sounds like you're talking about that.

Go to KLM, there's really no discussion needed.
untrue, domestic lounges like iah e and iah c have fresh salad, couscous, soups, bread, cold cuts. not the most expansive but it's an improvement and definitely enough to form a meal. it's no sq or tk lounge but eh it's good enough

united clubs are really crappy
except hkg nrt and lhr, my god lhr is so great
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by phbl
my god lhr is so great
Indeed. Additionally, KLM food options have really gone downhill lately and don't really stand out compared to UCs. Unless you want to get liqoured up!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Indeed. Additionally, KLM food options have really gone downhill lately and don't really stand out compared to UCs. Unless you want to get liqoured up!
i thought the object was to get liquored up

i always inbound in the am to lhr

first i go to the lh lounge to slam back some hefeweizens
then i go to the sq lounge to shower and slam back some singapore slings

then i go to the ua club to eat an murican breakfast and slam back some mimosas
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by phbl
i thought the object was to get liquored up

i always inbound in the am to lhr

first i go to the lh lounge to slam back some hefeweizens
then i go to the sq lounge to shower and slam back some singapore slings

then i go to the ua club to eat an murican breakfast and slam back some mimosas
I've been getting later flights out of LHR, so can get spicy lunch offering at SQ lounge to sweat some of it out to make room
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Lounges at IAH (Other options better than UC)

So, I'm flying through IAH next week. I have access to the United Club as I am flying Polaris, however I also have Priority Pass membership through my Chase CC.

According to the Priority Pass app this gives me access to The KLM Crown Lounge and the Air France Lounge, both in terminal D. I was wondering if these options are better than the United Club (and which one is the best).

Thanks, and sorry if this was better posted in a different forum or thread.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:12 am

None are very good. The American Express Centurion lounge is far better, if you have an Amex card. Otherwise UCs are ok. AF and KL lounges have slipped over past couple years, I don't bother with them now (especially since CL opened).
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by swiftaw
So, I'm flying through IAH next week. I have access to the United Club as I am flying Polaris, however I also have Priority Pass membership through my Chase CC.

According to the Priority Pass app this gives me access to The KLM Crown Lounge and the Air France Lounge, both in terminal D. I was wondering if these options are better than the United Club (and which one is the best).

Thanks, and sorry if this was better posted in a different forum or thread.
Having tried both, I'd say the UC is a way better option than both. If you have an AmEx Plat, I highly recommend the Centurion Lounge. Just take the hidden elevator behind the Duty Free shop in Terminal D.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:17 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
More details on the AX Centurion lounge: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...6-term-d.html?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Sadly I don't have access to the AX lounge.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
KLM lounge isn't bad though it's not particularly big and it has no tarmac views (it's pretty dark and gloomy if I'm being honest though so is the AMEX lounge). If you have time it's worth stopping by if only just to see it and stretch your legs. We stopped by before flying EK earlier this year since it had better reviews than the lounge that EK sent us to.

We were there for a couple hours and food transitioned a couple of times and went from better to worse (possibly because the KLM/AF flights departed - can't say for sure). During the "better" time they had a couple of interesting bourbons that you definitely won't find in a UC (for free or for purchase).

That being said I've since gotten an AMEX Plat so the Centurion Lounge is my default at IAH (and I haven't been back to KLM or AF to check them out).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.