Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges at IAH (options other than UCs)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Lounges at IAH (options other than UCs)

I have a few hours to kill at IAH and I have access to the KLM Lounge or any of the United Lounges. I've read the comparisons on here between the United Lounges (it seems the consensus is that the E Terminal has the best one). My question is this: Should I go to the KLM Lounge or the United Club in Terminal E? I'm mainly interested in food and booze selection, and would prefer a less crowded lounge as well if the food and booze are equal.

Thanks.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Welcome to FlyerTalk, pjt49!

I haven't been to the United Club on IAH, but I've been to the crown lounge (*S vs. Priority Pass). What I can tell you about the Crown Lounge:

* it has an open bar, you can serve yourself as much alcohol as you want (within reasonable lines, of course)
* has a soup of the day. Usually asian specialities.
* It is very quiet. People are very respectful and there's not a lot of noise. However, it may get crowded sometimes, when there's a lot of flights
* The only food you can get are snacks and pastries. It makes it perfect as a breakfast lounge, but later in the day when you want to have real food it doesn't help much.

I hope these are useful and that someone can compare to the United Club. G'luck!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by pjt49
I have a few hours to kill at IAH and I have access to the KLM Lounge or any of the United Lounges. I've read the comparisons on here between the United Lounges (it seems the consensus is that the E Terminal has the best one). My question is this: Should I go to the KLM Lounge or the United Club in Terminal E? I'm mainly interested in food and booze selection, and would prefer a less crowded lounge as well if the food and booze are equal.

Thanks.
I tend to grab a shower at the UC in E and then migrate to the KLM lounge (or now the AF lounge) for food and drink. The views are better at the UC though.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
KLM lounge 6am-6pm
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
KLM lounge 6am-6pm
Priority pass says 6am-10pm. Is that not the case?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JoesRevenge
Priority pass says 6am-10pm. Is that not the case?
The KLM lounge closes at 10 p.m., but I've noticed that they put away the better liquor after the AF and KL flights depart. The Baileys, in particular, gets taken away.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
The KLM lounge closes at 10 p.m., but I've noticed that they put away the better liquor after the AF and KL flights depart. The Baileys, in particular, gets taken away.
The KLM website states that it closes at 6pm.

Is the food at any of the IAH United Clubs any good? I've been to some where there was only snack mix, fruit, etc. However, I recall one at SFO where there was soup, sandwiches, salad, etc.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 29, 2016 at 12:40 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The KLM website states that it closes at 6pm.
The website is incorrect. It closes at 10 p.m. I was there in the evening just last week. You can call the lounge at (281) 233-3350, and they'll tell you the same thing.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I used to regularly use the KLM lounge, but it seems to be getting worse since new mgmt company took over, namely regarding food & bev. Too bad. Hopefully UCs are on the way back up, and of course we are eagerly awaiting the Amex Centurion lounge coming soon!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA
Is the food at any of the IAH United Clubs any good? I've been to some where there was only snack mix, fruit, etc. However, I recall one at SFO where there was soup, sandwiches, salad, etc.
No domestic UC has any real food. I've never been to the GFL in SFO but it sounds like you're talking about that.

Go to KLM, there's really no discussion needed.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
UC started to have soup and salad, sometimes bread and salami. This is quite recent.

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
No domestic UC has any real food. I've never been to the GFL in SFO but it sounds like you're talking about that.

The best UC is indeed in E, but it can get crowded though usually not too noise.

But from this thread alone I'd take thejaredhuang advice
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA1K
come may/june the centurion lounge should be open. i've never been to the KLM lounge, but the E terminal UA club is nice. but it does get pretty crowded.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try both and report back with your experience!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang

UA clubs now have better food than KLM lounge.

I still like the KL lounge because it is quiet and I like the Miss Vickie's chips.

Cappuccino machines really blows, though.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
UA clubs now have better food than KLM lounge.
WT? No way. KL lounge in IAH all the way (until Amex opens ). Food is better, drinks are better, not super crowded during off hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.