Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Gold access to clubs at NRT and SIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Gold access to clubs at NRT and SIN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by drewguy
Personally I prefer the 50s area lounge because of the windows and the much more open, spacious feel (particularly before/after a 12 hour flight). Food/drink offerings essentially the same.
Drifting slightly OT but another argument in favour of the NH lounge in Satellite 5 is that there's now a sushi chef in that lounge from 1530-1630 (i.e. before the UA departures and most of the NH afternoon bank) who will make you real sushi, not the makizushi that they serve at the buffet: see here for example https://www.ana.co.jp/ana_news/en/20...0160720-1.html (all the way at the bottom of the page). When I was there a few weeks ago the chef is positioned all the way inside the lounge (past the sake bar) and there was plenty of sushi to go around.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by truncated
Drifting slightly OT but another argument in favour of the NH lounge in Satellite 5 is that there's now a sushi chef in that lounge from 1530-1630 (i.e. before the UA departures and most of the NH afternoon bank) who will make you real sushi, not the makizushi that they serve at the buffet: see here for example https://www.ana.co.jp/ana_news/en/20...0160720-1.html (all the way at the bottom of the page). When I was there a few weeks ago the chef is positioned all the way inside the lounge (past the sake bar) and there was plenty of sushi to go around.
That's my favorite lounge at NRT. That Sake Bar is cool, I really like the Sake Urns.. Never knew there was a chef their as well. I actually like that back area, I normally sit y the row of seats with the desk like table near the windows looking down over the inner terminal. Safe Travels..
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
That's my favorite lounge at NRT. That Sake Bar is cool, I really like the Sake Urns.. Never knew there was a chef their as well. I actually like that back area, I normally sit y the row of seats with the desk like table near the windows looking down over the inner terminal. Safe Travels..
Was just there yesterday - definitely a great spot although it can get congested at times.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by truncated
Thanks - will definitely want to check this out on my next trip through.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by STS-134
What sort of amenity kid did they used to give? I used the NRT UA GFL, and I don't think I got much in the way of any amenity kit. They did have a wrapped toothbrush and toothpaste in the shower area, I think, but all of the shampoos and soaps were in small, refillable bottles that were to be left in the shower.
Years ago, the NRT Red Carpet Club would give shower patrons zipper bag amenity kits (similar to C or F class amenity kits) that contained: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shave cream, cotton swabs, and a spray fragrance. These kits were great to use on-the-go, and they also just made great gifts. It made using the shower rooms at the NRT RCC worth it, just for the swag. The RCC initially gave out Crabtree & Evelyn amenities, and then switched to H2O+ items.

Here's a link to an old FT thread with some photos of various kits and discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...10-merged.html

Sadly, the new amenities aren't nearly as impressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.