Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
promo link
Terms and Conditions

* For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry-standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.

** For this promotion, bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending milestone that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Milestone bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain milestone. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by United MileagePlus® in its discretion and considered final.

Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
Ticketing and dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier® status.
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.

<redacted e-ticket verbiage>

If you received complimentary Premier status:

Your complimentary status is one level higher than the MileagePlus membership status reflected in your MileagePlus account on May 7, 2016. Your status will be not be increased to any other level in connection with this offer. If flights taken prior to May 7, 2016, are credited to your account after May 7, 2016, and result in you meeting the qualification requirements for a higher Premier status, your status will not be complimentarily upgraded again. Qualifying for a higher status level than the complimentary status awarded in connection with this offer requires meeting the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
The complimentary status is valid through January 31, 2017.
A Premier membership card and kit will be not issued for the complimentary status period. Your new benefits will be reflected in your Mileage Plus account once you log in and you may enjoy Premier benefits on United- or United Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in.
During the complimentary status period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United's partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
Members will not receive Regional Premier Upgrades as part of this offer unless the published qualification thresholds for Premier Platinum status have been earned in the current year.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

If you received an Economy Plus subscription:

The Economy Plus® subscription can be used only on flights operated by United and United Express in the 48 contiguous U.S. states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
The Economy Plus subscription is complimentary, and will not result in the subscriber earning Premier qualifying dollars. The subscription is neither changeable nor transferable.
The Economy Plus subscription is valid through January 31, 2017, and can be used to request an Economy Plus seat at no cost on flights between May 10, 2016, and January 31, 2017. Any flights taken after January 31, 2017, will not qualify under the Economy Plus subscription.
Economy Plus seats on qualifying flights can be selected on united.com at booking, after booking before check-in, during check-in or at a check-in kiosk in the airport. Economy Plus seat assignments are not guaranteed.
The subscriber's MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation in order to receive the subscription benefits.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

<UA MP rules redacted>
Print Wikipost

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Mine are pretty startling, compared to the OP and others, like WAY higher, along lines of @kirkwoodj::
* 33k bonus miles for $18k spend
* 49k bonus miles for $19.5k spend
* 81k bonus miles for $24.5k spend
Old May 25, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Seems like everyone got something different. I got

8K-14000
8.5-21000 more
10500-35000 more
Old May 25, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: 1K
95,XXX PQM flown so far this year

$5,000 -> 9,000 miles
$5,500 -> 14,000 miles
$6,500 -> 22,000 miles

once i hit 1k, im done flying united for the year
Old May 25, 2016, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BearX220
Considering I have spent about $250 on UA revenue tickets in the past 18 months (but flown numerous UA award segments) my offer seems comparatively generous:

Spend $500 -->10k
Spend $1,000 --> 15k
Spend $2,500 --> 25k

This is the first time UA has taken the slightest notice of me since my flying began tailing off in 2013.
I got the same with $0 UA revenue tickets since 2013. Too bad I already have ~$4k booked during the promo period, not sure I will have more to book
Old May 25, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 4.4MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I wonder what ua1flyer's offer is?
Old May 25, 2016, 3:38 pm

I'm GS and spend over $100k in base fares, so not surprising:

$40,000 = 65,000 RDMs
$45,000 = 97,000 RDMs
$50,000 = 162,000 RDMs
Old May 25, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by blueman2
My son got this one.

I did not get the e-mail but was eligible for the exact same offer. Data point is that I am a UA MM Gold who flies UA only a couple of times a year.

frantic, also a DL DM and a very light UA flyer, was not eligible.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I got:
$500 = 10,000 RDMs
$1,000 = +15,000 RDMs
$2,500 = +25,000 RDMs

E-mail also stated I that they gave me an Economy Plus subscription, but it's not under my subscriptions

Edit: Did a dummy booking and it's giving me E+ for free, cool! Might actually use UA for a few trips.

Last edited by alphaeagle; May 25, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Old May 25, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
My luck blows. Booked a bunch of resos yesterday and got the promo this afternoon. Would have required cancelling 17 trips and rebooking them etc for 85k RDMs on $10k PQD spend. Ended up not doing that to the poor 1k agent.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:57 pm

1K, no email, but allowed to register

Milestone 1: spend $7,000 and earn 26,000 bonus award miles
Milestone 2: spend $9,000 total and earn 39,000 more award miles
Milestone 3: spend $12,000 total and earn 64,000 more award miles
Old May 25, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Cool

Originally Posted by wxguy
I wonder what ua1flyer's offer is?
My guess:

$60K => 80K miles
$70K => 95K miles
$80K => 110K miles

Maybe he doesn't qualify for the special offer?
Old May 25, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
So these numbers are ADDITIONAL spend on top of the PQD I already have? If so, I have to spend another $40,000 ... if not, I only have to spend $10,000 to get 215,000 miles.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by jjmoore
So these numbers are ADDITIONAL spend on top of the PQD I already have? If so, I have to spend another $40,000 ... if not, I only have to spend $10,000 to get 215,000 miles.
Yes - it's only for flights booked after registration and flown before 11/30/16.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jjmoore
On top. Anything booked today and flown before 11/30.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:56 pm
Suspended

..., my lowest threshold is $32k. and the flight i booked 3 days ago ($5k) doesn't even count. i highly doubt i'll make it. i'm already at $20k this year - i would make GS if i hit the lowest bonus. but it seems highly doubtful i will spend that much money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.