Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
promo link
Terms and Conditions

* For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry-standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.

** For this promotion, bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending milestone that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Milestone bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain milestone. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by United MileagePlus® in its discretion and considered final.

Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
Ticketing and dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier® status.
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.

<redacted e-ticket verbiage>

If you received complimentary Premier status:

Your complimentary status is one level higher than the MileagePlus membership status reflected in your MileagePlus account on May 7, 2016. Your status will be not be increased to any other level in connection with this offer. If flights taken prior to May 7, 2016, are credited to your account after May 7, 2016, and result in you meeting the qualification requirements for a higher Premier status, your status will not be complimentarily upgraded again. Qualifying for a higher status level than the complimentary status awarded in connection with this offer requires meeting the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
The complimentary status is valid through January 31, 2017.
A Premier membership card and kit will be not issued for the complimentary status period. Your new benefits will be reflected in your Mileage Plus account once you log in and you may enjoy Premier benefits on United- or United Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in.
During the complimentary status period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United's partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
Members will not receive Regional Premier Upgrades as part of this offer unless the published qualification thresholds for Premier Platinum status have been earned in the current year.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

If you received an Economy Plus subscription:

The Economy Plus® subscription can be used only on flights operated by United and United Express in the 48 contiguous U.S. states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
The Economy Plus subscription is complimentary, and will not result in the subscriber earning Premier qualifying dollars. The subscription is neither changeable nor transferable.
The Economy Plus subscription is valid through January 31, 2017, and can be used to request an Economy Plus seat at no cost on flights between May 10, 2016, and January 31, 2017. Any flights taken after January 31, 2017, will not qualify under the Economy Plus subscription.
Economy Plus seats on qualifying flights can be selected on united.com at booking, after booking before check-in, during check-in or at a check-in kiosk in the airport. Economy Plus seat assignments are not guaranteed.
The subscriber's MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation in order to receive the subscription benefits.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

<UA MP rules redacted>
Print Wikipost

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Didn't get an email, but I qualify:

$6,000 = 18K
$7,000 = 26K
$10,000 = 42K
Old May 25, 2016, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLLUAFlyer
$17,500 => 26K
$19,000 => 39K
$22,500 => 65K

Sure wish they would count tickets already purchased. I have several Intl J flights already booked in July that would certainly help towards these "goals".
Isn't J fully refundable? If so, and there's still availability, why not just rebook?
Old May 25, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by limey1K
No offer for me either. You'd think after my emails and a call that there'd be a check mark in the "Throw this guy a bone" column in their database. Apparently not though.
Definitely no bones being thrown! After all the 1Kvoice complaints and calls I made about how this reduces CPUs, I looked at my flight tomorrow from SFO to ATL, and I am #7 on waitlist with full F cabin. So yet another flight I have been denied CPU on. I am now 1 of 12 flights for getting CPU this year.

Thanks, United.

Last edited by blueman2; May 25, 2016 at 3:15 pm
Old May 25, 2016, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$ 12'500 > 26K
$ 14'000 > 39K
$ 15'500 > 64K

Mauleate!

Mrs. c.g. MP # yielded: not eligible!
(cookie?)
Old May 25, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
$1000 = 10K
$1500 (total) = additional 15K
$3000 (total) = additional 25K

Plus they gave me C+ through 1/31/17 (former UA Plat)....not too bad.....I need those extra miles to get me out of GF on UA (NRT-ORD) to FC on NH (NRT-ORD)

Thank you, OP! I would never have known I had the C+ subscription if I hadn't tried to register for the promotion!!!
Old May 25, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by radioactive
Isn't J fully refundable? If so, and there's still availability, why not just rebook?
Ok, guess I misspoke or exaggerated!

I will be flying in J, but booked in discount biz (mainly Z).
Old May 25, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Does anyone know if co-pay miles + $ count towards the goal?

$5000 = 13K
$5500 = 22k
$7500 = 33k

no e-mail received
Old May 25, 2016, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm surprised to be included. My offer is:

$4k - 16k miles
$5k - 24k miles (40k total)
$7.5k - 40k miles (80k total)

Of course, I just bought an $1100 ticket last night (which will not count)
Old May 25, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
No email but got this offer. If I spend this amount more (already $15K+ PQD plus more booked) I'd like GS.

Milestone 1: spend $15,500 and earn 20,000 bonus award miles
Milestone 2: spend $17,000 total and earn 30,000 more award miles
Milestone 3: spend $19,500 total and earn 49,000 more award miles
Old May 25, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Haven't flown UA at all this year (Silver status is via Marriott):
$500 - 10k miles
$1000 - 15k miles
$2500 - 25k miles

Registered just in case I end up on a couple business trips on UA. Not bad actually for me.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
No email offer but link worked.

Milestone 1: spend $15,000 and earn 18,000 bonus award miles
Milestone 2: spend $16,000 total and earn 27,000 more award miles
Milestone 3: spend $18,000 total and earn 45,000 more award miles

YTD spend $11.2K
Old May 25, 2016, 1:16 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
$7,500 --> 17k
$8,500 --> 25k
$10,500 --> 41k
Total: 83k

This is a lousy offer, not gonna bother even trying. Most of my flights are *A metal because I don't particularly like UA's product.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:18 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm surprised to be included. My offer is:

$4k - 16k miles
$5k - 24k miles (40k total)
$7.5k - 40k miles (80k total)

Of course, I just bought an $1100 ticket last night (which will not count)
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to use the 24h cancel and rebook it.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Mine's pretty good, and I'm sure I'll hit the middle one, if not maybe even the last:
$500 = 10,000
$1000 = 15,000
$2500 = 25,000

I haven't flown UA much this year (3 HOU-DAL turns on WN and not much other travel), but I intend to make up for it in the summer/fall.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
No email either, but here are my goals.

$21,000---28,000 miles
$22,000---42,000 miles
$25,000---69,000 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.