Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United is expanding into A gates at Denver (& some C gates)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United is expanding into A gates at Denver (& some C gates)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:02 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
saw this on my way to timberline the other day:
MysteryTour likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by mr8
saw this on my way to timberline the other day:
Now that I've had a chance to fly: Yes, those are outside the trains, at the boarding stations. Inside the trains, no info.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Jun 24, 2019 at 9:52 am Reason: mr8's mystery location of signage discovered
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Denver C gates

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I couldn't find anything more recent. I just got a notice my connecting mainline UA flight is departing from the C gates tomorrow morning? There can't be that much traffic in B at 10 am (post Labor Day) that they're making people and staff schlep to C. The last thing I want is to spend even more time in an enclosed tube with strangers BEFORE my next flight, presupposing the train is actually working tomorrow. Anyone have recent experience with using the C gates post March 2020?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I couldn't find anything more recent. I just got a notice my connecting mainline UA flight is departing from the C gates tomorrow morning? There can't be that much traffic in B at 10 am (post Labor Day) that they're making people and staff schlep to C. The last thing I want is to spend even more time in an enclosed tube with strangers BEFORE my next flight, presupposing the train is actually working tomorrow. Anyone have recent experience with using the C gates post March 2020?
its one gate, C38, and 10am is just about the busiest bank UA has for DEN. Its really not difficult to get to.
SFO 1K, SPN Lifer and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Another thing driving this is a number of B gates being unavailable due to construction.
SPN Lifer and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Thank you for the responses. It just adds a layer of logistics re: UA Club (now not an option) and 1 hour connection that I would have preferred to avoid.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
I had this same observation recently - yesterday flew DEN-ATW (a flight that I have taken about 8-10x this year) out of A73
The entire bank of A71-A?? gates were UA CRJ's coming and going as fast as they could be loaded and unloaded (I have never seen so many people at DEN airport as I did yesterday)
I think the ATW flight out of A is relatively new since about a month ago - I was used to flying out of B and stopped at the newly opened AmEx Cent lounge in C.... had a few drinks before heading out to the outer banks of B only to realize they moved the flight (or I misread the app - probably more likely) to the edge of A.....that is a long walk....fortunately the flight was delayed or I would have clearly missed it.

side note.....
My understanding about how DEN was build - as the largest "non-land locked" airport outside of the middle east airport that can expand forever into there deserts...DEN can expand forever north and west.......
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mfirst
.... (I have never seen so many people at DEN airport as I did yesterday).....
Labor Day, end of summer travel
TSA number 10%+ higher than Aug as a whole, Still behind 2019. Airlines are packing flights into banks with lulls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.