Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United is expanding into A gates at Denver (& some C gates)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United is expanding into A gates at Denver (& some C gates)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by jamesdenver
I did not know this - and thought I knew every nook and cranny of the airport. I wonder how many (that don't fly int'l or arrive int'l in DEN) know there's a lower level of the bridge.
I've been flying in and out of DEN since day one, but didn't realize the lower level of the bridge until I returned from CUN last March.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
That is good news, but I was hoping to hear something about elimination of the wind tunnel dungeon for gates B59-B79. Turning those back into 3 normal gates would be fantastic from a customer perspective. With the end of the Q400 operations I was maybe too optimistic.
I absolutely loath the "trailer park" gates (B59-B79). It's so trashy and inconvenient for passengers and it never fails that my plane inevitably leaves from the furthest door down the hall. These gates are an embarrassment to UA and Denver.

At least the RJ Dungeon (B80-95) has amenities and food options but it's so cramped and crowded forget about finding a seat anywhere. The Dungeon is my 2nd most hated part about DIA.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by mrswirl
I absolutely loath the "trailer park" gates (B59-B79). It's so trashy and inconvenient for passengers and it never fails that my plane inevitably leaves from the furthest door down the hall. These gates are an embarrassment to UA and Denver.

At least the RJ Dungeon (B80-95) has amenities and food options but it's so cramped and crowded forget about finding a seat anywhere. The Dungeon is my 2nd most hated part about DIA.
Or worse, you arrive at say B73, connecting to B71, but are required to drag your luggage up the stairs, and then come back down. Huge waste of time.

I used to loathe the B80-95 gates, but they are paradise in comparison to B59-79.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
UA flight out of DEN Concourse A?!

Just boarding UA812 Den-DFW at A37 in Denver - since when does UA have flights out of A gates?
Old May 3, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dengo
Just boarding UA812 Den-DFW at A37 in Denver - since when does UA have flights out of A gates?
theres a thread that started a few months ago - using one or two gates there as demand warrants, I guess.

Likely means flights at DEN are up if they can't handle everything at B, so good for DEN-based folks (or those where it can add another/better connection opportunity). And not the worst thing in the world, since they closed Ben & Jerrys at B a while ago, but there is still one in the food court at A.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:38 am

It's been going on for about a year now. It's almost exclusively in the morning banks, most often on A41, almost always on Airbus aircraft(except on Sunday when they might turn the morning intl arriving planes to domestic flights), and also tends to be flights to and from smaller line stations.

Gate space at DEN is interesting right now. They re-started using gates back up to B53 and B55 for mainline service, then started using the gate on A con. Eventually they also began using B48 and B52 for some mainline service in morning, and have now also completed construction of gates B14 and B11 on the far west end to add two more mainline gates to the mix. Things are really booming at DEN right now.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
More common in the spring/summer months as UA seasonally flexes up the DEN schedule. DEN is heavily banked so during major pushes all gates on Concourse B are occupied and UA needs additional space. A few gates on the west end of B were recently built (not sure if in service yet) but that should alleviate things somewhat.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emcampbe
theres a thread that started a few months ago - using one or two gates there as demand warrants, I guess.

Likely means flights at DEN are up if they can't handle everything at B, so good for DEN-based folks (or those where it can add another/better connection opportunity). And not the worst thing in the world, since they closed Ben & Jerrys at B a while ago, but there is still one in the food court at A.
Except no club. Bad enough for the 90s gates.

Can the 90s gates handle 170/75 aircraft?
Old May 3, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by EWR764
More common in the spring/summer months as UA seasonally flexes up the DEN schedule. DEN is heavily banked so during major pushes all gates on Concourse B are occupied and UA needs additional space. A few gates on the west end of B were recently built (not sure if in service yet) but that should alleviate things somewhat.
B11 is open I arrived there the other day and is one of the longest plane to terminal walks I have had on a jetway
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Land and depart from Concourse C

Sorry to revive this thread.
I just landed at C39 from SAN. My next flight also departs from the same gate. I departed from Concourse A gates before. But it is the first time to deal with a C gate.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
I just landed at C39 from SAN. My next flight also departs from the same gate. I departed from Concourse A gates before. But it is the first time to deal with a C gate.
Interesting that UA needs more gates at 4 hubs now: DEN, EWR, ORD, LAX. And NRT/HND per other thread? UA should get some gates with expansions at DEN, ORD and HND, at least.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: united
Originally Posted by Kmxu
My flight from MSP arrived at a C gate on Saturday
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
Not only does ual arrive and depart from C38 in denver....there was an arrival at C28 today as well.....never thought i would see that but as i came off a southwest flight at C23 today there was the death star tail at C28
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cosflyer
Not only does ual arrive and depart from C38 in denver....there was an arrival at C28 today as well.....never thought i would see that but as i came off a southwest flight at C23 today there was the death star tail at C28
I would expect this to be temporary, as the current "Gate Expansion Project" is adding 11 gates to B (as well as 12 to A and 16 to C) by spring 2021. Four of the B gates are supposed to be ready in 2020 https://www.flydenver.com/sites/defa...akingFINAL.pdf

Last edited by nddomer04; Apr 9, 2019 at 11:34 pm
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:34 am

Rather than start a new thread, does anyone know if that Smashburger location in Concourse B will ever actually open? Never seen a project take this long in an airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.