Community
Wiki Posts
Search

757-200 vs 767-400Er

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by mduell
The 757 BF and 747 UD are incomparable. Super cramped and short seats angled toward the window vs the straight seats with window storage boxes is a world of a difference. Plus the IFE catalog difference and aisles where two humans can reasonably pass each other.
At least on the 757 there is plenty of roller bag space in the overhead bins.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Air Houston
While this is certainly true I would trade the slight inconvenience of storing the bag next to the galley at the top of the stairs to gain a much better overall experience.....
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
While this is certainly true I would trade the slight inconvenience of storing the bag next to the galley at the top of the stairs to gain a much better overall experience.....
+100
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EmailKid
As has been posted, same seat, though there are some who like larger cabin of widebody. So no, not a downgrade IMHO.
IME the 767 (-300 & -400) makes for a more open & spacious feeling than the 752, including the single middle seat in BF, which allows direct access to both - L & R - aisles.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
I took the 757 (as well as the 762/764/777) across the pond before the lie-flats and even then I'd say that I felt the service was much more personalized and the cabin felt less "busy". True there is something to be said for a widebody, but 39J (vs 35J in the old config) just seems crowded. I think the 757 seats are a little narrower, but I couldn't tell a difference.

Prior to their removal, it used to be the advantage of the 767/777 vs 757 was the espresso machines. With them gone, their is little difference with respect to the service.

Another disadvantage of the 764 is that in the 39J config they moved the lavs and actually reduced the number between L1/L2 from 4 to 2 lavs. So you have 39J pax sharing lavs with about 84 Y Pax which is pretty ridiculous. So the 757 has 1 lav exclusive for 16J.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
I think the 757 seats are a little narrower, but I couldn't tell a difference.

So you have 39J pax sharing lavs with about 84 Y Pax which is pretty ridiculous. So the 757 has 1 lav exclusive for 16J.
Plus some 10+ crew members, makes up to 130+ folks for 2 lavs.

Indeed, the 752 seat somehow feels a bit smaller. Just not sure, if this comes from the smaller overall cabin or the actual seat size. Would be great, to take actual measurements.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by mduell
I don't see the distinction between summer tstorms and winter winds w/r/t what types of aircraft they "can" impact. The high winter winds "can impact 767/777 operations too".
Winter winds over the North Atlantic are usually sustained for longer periods of time (days/weeks) and disproportionately impact areas in which UAL transatlantic 757s largely traverse, and the aircraft do not have the range to take other tracks to avoid the winds. In those case you will see a planned diversion on, for instance, BCN-EWR every day of the week, in order to accommodate all pax.

On the other hand, when looking at summer thunderstorms, which are usually isolated and have localized impacts over several hours, the diversions are not necessarily limited to North Atlantic ops. As such, my anecdotal experience is that summer diversions are less 757-centric.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.