Wiki Posts
Search

757-200 vs 767-400Er

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

757-200 vs 767-400Er

hi,

I recently booked using miles two biz class tickets to MAD in the summer, today I received an email that the flight time was updated and so does the equipment, instead of 767-400er we will have 757-200.

in comfort terms, is that a downgrade for a business class seat?
they also changed the time of the flight. if so, do I have a case to bump the ticket for free to a different biz flight, with newer\more comfortable equipment?

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
hi,

I recently booked using miles two biz class tickets to MAD in the summer, today I received an email that the flight time was updated and so does the equipment, instead of 767-400er we will have 757-200.

they also changed the time of the flight. if so, do I have a case to bump the ticket for free to a different biz flight, with newer\more comfortable equipment?

Thanks
The seats are basically the same so don't worry about that - what I would worry about is the flight back - many of the 757's will have to make a fuel stop as they can't make it all the way to Newark or Dulles - and the chance to misconnect increases dramatically....

If you can find another flight on a wide body I would change - but don't do it for the seat....
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Both aircraft utilize the same seat.

I'm surprised they're flying the 752 on that route. Thought they were going to stop doing that. It's at the far limits of the aircraft's range. Not a problem eastbound, but fuel stops westbound are not uncommon.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:02 pm

hi,

Thanks
Same seat and don't worry about the fuel stop your flying in the summer time so the chances of having a fuel stop on a 757 TATL westbound are slim to none.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Same seat and don't worry about the fuel stop your flying in the summer time so the chances of having a fuel stop on a 757 TATL westbound are slim to none.
I seem to recall quite a few diversions last summer - especially from places like MAD - and thought this was at least partially the reason for moving these planes into domestic service and getting true wide bodies for over the ocean flights....
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I seem to recall quite a few diversions last summer - especially from places like MAD - and thought this was at least partially the reason for moving these planes into domestic service and getting true wide bodies for over the ocean flights....
Me too.

Sales must be really light if they're downgauging back to the 752. 36 BF=>16 BF.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Me too.

Sales must be really light if they're downgauging back to the 752. 36 BF=>16 BF.
Or having 2 I seats available for OP!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I worked that trip quite often last summer and I don't recall it ever being diverted for fuel.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Especially from MAD. Most of the diversions come from longer flights, like HAM, TXL, etc.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:34 pm

The longest 75B flight will be the EWR - ARN trip at 3,930 miles that of course is now a seasonal flight...unfortunately.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:53 pm

I'm curious....where do they stop to refuel if it's necessary?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kvan
I'm curious....where do they stop to refuel if it's necessary?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ys-2015-a.html Northern Canada mostly.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
The summer 757 diversions are usually related to thunderstorms at the EWR/IAD/ORD end... which, if bad/sustained long enough, can impact 767/777 operations too.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
The summer 757 diversions are usually related to thunderstorms at the EWR/IAD/ORD end... which, if bad/sustained long enough, can impact 767/777 operations too.
Yet they never impact the other fleets as much as the 757s... hmm that's weird.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
As has been posted, same seat, though there are some who like larger cabin of widebody. So no, not a downgrade IMHO.

And has been pointed out in other replies, especially in summer diversions tend to be from longer routes than MAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.