Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2023, 8:18 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
I'm having the opposite thing happening; I'm the only one on the upgrade list and I got my first ever CPU today....flight tomorrow
Got confirmed 10 minutes after OLCI.
SPN Lifer, uanj and ContinentalFan like this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
177 people on waitlist midday flight LAS-SFO yesterday (end of CES) on a HD772. 53% of those in coach were on upgrade list. Which means at least 75 (and probably more) who could've gotten free E+ didn't (nor their non-Premier companions). No upgrades. Short trip though...
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 13, 2024 at 10:16 am
Old Jan 15, 2024, 2:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Due to expected 2in of snow at EWR tomorrow, I decided to buy myself some insurance with catching my 2:30pm intl flight (with cleared J) out of ORD and switched from the 10am to 8am flight out of EWR to ORD. The 8am flight originates from EWR where the 10am originates from RDU.

Anyways UA1793's list has 80 people out of 159 seats. Only E+ seats were middle but since I got the last seat Y1, I jumped to the top of the list.

I had this idea a few days ago but the price shot up. I waited til there was a weather waiver. None for EWR but they extended the ORD one. Probably not necessary but who knows these days and it would be nice to have some time in the PL lounge. By the rules of the universe, there will probably be no snow tomorrow.

Last edited by eng3; Jan 15, 2024 at 2:47 am
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
177 people on waitlist midday flight LAS-SFO yesterday (end of CES) on a HD772.
Is this the new record?
Old Jan 27, 2024, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
Kinda found this amusing... This is at T-24 (I clearedat T-96).
I like their odds!

Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by huey_driver
Kinda found this amusing... This is at T-24 (I clearedat T-96).
I like their odds!
I think you are looking for this thread: What's the SHORTEST first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen

Not sure if 2 qualifies as the longest waitlist
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I think you are looking for this thread: What's the SHORTEST first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen

Not sure if 2 qualifies as the longest waitlist
I wasnt aware of the 'shortest list' thread. It doesnt get as much play I guess...
more the humor in what I saw was the capacity vs booked...
Although, yes, I saw it was at J9 when I booked a couple days ago. Normally I am a WFBF (especially on that route) but I figured I would take a chance...
Delta owns that route tho, and about the only people using UA are probably connections and MP elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.