Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Kacee
That sounds like something you make in college when (a) you're out of money, and (b) drunk.

LOL. Yeah, I was wondering to myself whether the caterer was running out of supplies, and that was the only thing they had left in their fridge. Or maybe someone decided to get "creative." Either way, I was wondering who would have thought that sandwich was a good idea.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by gcashin
UA5955 ORD-YYC
July 3, 2016
Embraer 175 UA Express operated by SkyWest
"Breakfast"
FT rules prohibit me from what I feel would be an appropriate description of that horror show. Hope you ate pre-flight.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:51 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
7/3/16
SFO - EWR
p.s. redeye

Last flight out of SFO at 12:39am.

Pretzel bun burger is the new snack. Did not try one because it was way too late/early for a burger.

Cranberry muffin for pre-arrival. Although the FA either forgot to offer them, or just simply didn't offer it to those of us who slept until the double ding. She left a tray of them for to-go as we deplaned.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PTahCha
7/3/16
SFO - EWR
p.s. redeye

Last flight out of SFO at 12:39am.

Pretzel bun burger is the new snack. Did not try one because it was way too late/early for a burger.

Cranberry muffin for pre-arrival. Although the FA either forgot to offer them, or just simply didn't offer it to those of us who slept until the double ding. She left a tray of them for to-go as we deplaned.
I love these burgers and scones. Nice snack.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
UA 1948
IAH - PHX
7/4/2016
A319

The flight left an hour late due to mechanical problems with the previous flight. As a result, there was no preflight beverage. I can live with that, rather than have the plane delayed further.

The meal was the usual chicken/sausage jambalaya, with the white rice as the side dish. The rice was rather dry. Why is the rice always dry? Seriously, can't they add some moisture to the rice? Other than that, the meal was relatively pleasant.

The first class FA was legitimately caring and helpful. The UA attendants in first generally are better than the ones in coach. You can see and tell the difference.

Yes, they had the new Illy coffee. Yes, it is an improvement over what they had before. Yes, it is drinkable. That was perhaps the best thing about the flight.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
EWR-SFO
UA418

Boeing 757-200 p.s.
Meal: Dinner

July p.s. Menu

Chicken

Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SFO-DEN. Seafood stew outbound, mushroom risotto on the return.

The mushroom risotto is a flat-out win. One of the better UA dishes I've had in quite a while (including ps and BF long-haul). Seafood stew was okay. I didn't like either salad though. Not a fan of bitter greens.

Very pleasant flights both directions.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
Chicken curry served medium rare

On UA 477 BOS SFO today I was looking forward to the chicken curry with rice, a new entree for me. Here's what I was served:
Attached Images  
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by rockrich
On UA 477 BOS SFO today I was looking forward to the chicken curry with rice, a new entree for me. Here's what I was served:
Yikes! Did you make a comment to the FAs about it?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
Oh yeah. They were very apologetic. Said they would report it. I'm hoping to avoid salmonella poisoning. I suggested the FA's wash their hands after handling my plate. Think someone in the Boston commissary needs retraining.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
7/11 MCI-SFO F on Emb175

Chicken (salad) or chicken (ciabatta sandwich). Had the ciabatta. Dry as the desert. The accompanying salad was ok. The cookie, a double thickness triple chocolate cookie, was pretty good.

No sparkling wine on board at all. White wine ran out after about an hour.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
7/1/2016
UA 794 SFO-ORD (2 class 777-200 with old barcaloungers in F)
Scheduled 11.46am-5.56pm
Actual 3pm - 9pm

Choice of Lobster Mac and Cheese or Chicken Tandoori. FA was jumping around the cabin, I was almost last to be asked, surprised still had a choice.

Chicken was not bad. Finished off with lemon sorbet.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by rockrich
I am surprised it didn't fight back when you cut in to it. Seriously horrible.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gcashin
LOL. Yeah, I was wondering to myself whether the caterer was running out of supplies, and that was the only thing they had left in their fridge. Or maybe someone decided to get "creative." Either way, I was wondering who would have thought that sandwich was a good idea.
Well, they DID coordinate the "strawberry" spread with the strawberry yogurt, so half a point for effort. Actually, I can't believe they boarded that atrocity, certainly the worst effort I've seen. I'll stop complaining about the times when you're offered "Salad with sliced Chicken on top" and "Sliced chicken with a side salad" as the two options. At least both are edible.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
After flying my first coach segment in ages, I can definitively say that the best breakfast item on UA currently is the Southwest Bistro Scramble with stroopwafel (French Toast souffle bumped to #2). I may have to start hoping for fewer upgrades on domestic morning flights!

Last edited by st530; Jul 15, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.