Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
SFO-DCA

Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cur
heck yeah i'm post 420

because it melted?
No kidding...but I wonder if they left it out too long? Were the cooling facilities not working properly? Was the large J cabin making it harder to get folks their sundae before they melted (hard to believe this one because I haven't had this happen to be me on either TATL or TPAC longhauls in J)?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by 1kBill
UA357 DEN-PIT
First Class
B737-900
June 21, 2016
Sched: 8:05 PM - 1:07 AM +1
Actual: ~9:00 PM - 1:45 AM +1 (missing flight crew)

Snack basket. Which I think is a disgrace, and told UA so in the post flight survey. Yes, that is how they plan it, but coming off of another snack flight and with tight connections makes it tough to get a half decent meal. For the record, I had pretzels and smoked almonds.

UA773 PIT-DEN
First Class
B737-900
June 24, 2016

Breakfast.
Choices were the French toast with fruit and yogurt or quiche with sausage. I had the French toast and it is very, very good. I was also surprised at the size of the fruit plate.

Flight attendant service was outstanding.

Perhaps this should be in another thread, but the first class seats on these 737-900's are terrible. They are at the their worst when fully upright, but still very uncomfortable in any other position. No seatback screens, but the entertainment over wireless worked well.
If you've been on American, where they give you no snack baskets and only warmed nuts in FC from ORD to LAX, United's snack basket seems very luxurious. 100% agree with you about the seats. Was in it couple weeks ago. Terrible seats.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by seat38a
If you've been on American, where they give you no snack baskets and only warmed nuts in FC from ORD to LAX, United's snack basket seems very luxurious.
No fan of the new AA, but I got the snack basket in addition to warmed nuts on my AA LAX-ORD redeye last week.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
EWR- SAN last night options were Fish, Chicken or Asian Dim Sum plate. I had the fish and the chicken, thanks to my wife not wanting hear meal and happily report the chicken was meh' but the fish was great.

I haven't flown UA domestic F in over a year and was really impressed by the changes ^
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Madone59
EWR- SAN last night options were Fish, Chicken or Asian Dim Sum plate. I had the fish and the chicken, thanks to my wife not wanting hear meal and happily report the chicken was meh' but the fish was great.

I haven't flown UA domestic F in over a year and was really impressed by the changes ^
I have not flown transcon this month so the dim sum plate is new to me. Sounds interesting... did you happen to catch a peek at it?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by EWR764
I have not flown transcon this month so the dim sum plate is new to me. Sounds interesting... did you happen to catch a peek at it?
Yeah! Dim sum plate news to me as well! Please do report what it looked like if you saw it.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:48 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
No kidding...but I wonder if they left it out too long? Were the cooling facilities not working properly? Was the large J cabin making it harder to get folks their sundae before they melted (hard to believe this one because I haven't had this happen to be me on either TATL or TPAC longhauls in J)?
well don't quote me on this but i don't think the 757s have fridges and there are a lot of logistics that go into catering, let alone catering scoops of ice cream pre scooped into containers...i mean they have to use a special ice cream with extra anti freeze to keep it puck hard for that many hours. they could have swapped the cart out for a earlier/later flight, didn't put enough dry ice in, or maybe if they had a fridge position that was inop. or maybe the fa left them near the oven, i dunno

so yeah milkshakes aren't as fun as frozen ice cream but i'd take that as a consequence of getting ice cream on domestic flights, i don't know many that do that, even sq and oz serve it in the plastic containers on non long haul which to me is worse than a milk shake.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
MIA to IAH Breakfast

MIA to IAH
Sunday 6/26/16
UA1138
6am - 7:43am
B739

PDB was offered as well as the hot towels. FA was good about addressing everyone by last name when offering/taking the breakfast orders. Breakfast options were either an omelette or oatmeal with fruits. I believe just about everyone chose the omelette as their first choice and most were accommodated. The omlette came with sausage and potatoes as well as a plate of fresh fruit. A basket came by after the trays were delivered offering either a warm croissant or cinnamon roll. It was possible to have both if you wanted.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cur
well don't quote me on this but i don't think the 757s have fridges and there are a lot of logistics that go into catering, let alone catering scoops of ice cream pre scooped into containers...i mean they have to use a special ice cream with extra anti freeze to keep it puck hard for that many hours. they could have swapped the cart out for a earlier/later flight, didn't put enough dry ice in, or maybe if they had a fridge position that was inop. or maybe the fa left them near the oven, i dunno

so yeah milkshakes aren't as fun as frozen ice cream but i'd take that as a consequence of getting ice cream on domestic flights, i don't know many that do that, even sq and oz serve it in the plastic containers on non long haul which to me is worse than a milk shake.
This was on a 789, which would be carrying ice cream for longhaul flights to begin with - so I am sure it would be equipped with whatever necessary equipment was needed.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
Originally Posted by physioprof
Yeah! Dim sum plate news to me as well! Please do report what it looked like if you saw it.
I did see it from a distance. Looked like a few dumplings, a (pork?) bun and more. Very similar to the AA Asian "brunch" I have had in TPAC biz. If someone can post a pic it looked good. Also, any second votes for the fish with rice and veggies??
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
This was on a 789, which would be carrying ice cream for longhaul flights to begin with - so I am sure it would be equipped with whatever necessary equipment was needed.
You don't need fridges to carry ice cream onboard. AA's pre-merger narrowbody US Airbus fleets have very small galleys and just with dry ice, AA has been able to serve ice cream even on long flights such as PHL-LAX.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Menu for the morning's flight (7:45 AM) out to SFO on an sUA p.s. 752. Nothing terribly interesting, although the concept of 'grilled ham' served with waffles was a bit eyebrow-raising.
Both AA and UA lack a real breakfast on their premium Trancsons, I don't think what you were offered is all that exciting, pretty sad.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Both AA and UA lack a real breakfast on their premium Trancsons, I don't think what you were offered is all that exciting, pretty sad.
Not sure what you consider "real breakfast", but UA ps flights at breakfast time have choices such as french toast casserole and quiche, which are both great.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
PS Lunch Flight (East Bound)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.