Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Wky is Premier 1K "loud and proud" on boarding passes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wky is Premier 1K "loud and proud" on boarding passes?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:06 am
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
Wait until you see GLOBAL SERVICES, which is definitely much more obvious and some flyers want to make it even more obvious.

Flying from EWR to LIS last week, I saw my seat mate taking a picture of her friend flying BF with her so I offered if I could take a picture for her. She declined, thanked me, and immediately placed her GLOBAL SERVICES boarding pass on her arm rest and said "I travel a lot!".
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:31 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
I think it is done by UA for those that have an inferiority complex, makes those people feel better about ones self, helps them feel a little more important in life. Self importance = me, me, me.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
If you were some poor shmuck that flies around small towns USA selling widgets, and/or presenting power points, you'd need your ego stroked by 'status' too
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
If you were some poor shmuck that flies around small towns USA selling widgets, and/or presenting power points, you'd need your ego stroked by 'status' too
My ego's fine, thankyouverymuch. Having said that, I'm shocked at just how good my upgrade rates have been this year. Quite impressive.

It's not an ego thing but I definitely enjoy being up front. No question!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
My ego's fine, thankyouverymuch. Having said that, I'm shocked at just how good my upgrade rates have been this year. Quite impressive.

It's not an ego thing but I definitely enjoy being up front. No question!
Sure, but is that tied to the font size of the status printed on your BP or the fact that your "status" is even printed on your BP?

It's the same thing as back when they took meal orders by status rather than by row, rather than simply taking the orders and then figuring it all out in the galley. People enjoy being "recognized." If there's not much in their life, it's this.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JHake10
Doesn't mean much. After all upgrades cleared I'm still number 20 on the upgrade list as a 1K.

I made a similar post in this thread and it was deleted
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
they're thermal printing as far as i'm aware. doesn't really cost much extra since it's just heating it.
He's probably thinking about the ink in his own printer.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:35 pm

DYKWIA

There's some snippet on the DYKWIA thread about some 1K that kept repositioning his BP so his seat neighbor would know the dude's status.

I think UA puts this big bold letter 1K status just to help entertain some of us on our flights after we've seen and exhausted all the IFE movies/shows.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: HiltonSilver, MariottGold, HyattPlat, KimptonTier3, UA 1K, HertzGold,AvisPres
I've only noticed it a couple times because I rarely have a paper boarding pass. Never really gave it much thought, but the CS aspect makes sense.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travel.flier
Mobile bp
Ah, just think how all of the 1Ks with mobile Bps are contributing to climate change with the extra electricy needed to transmit that large font!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I miss the good ol days, when a mans character and importance was not judged by the font size on his BP, but how proudly he displayed on of these out of his front shirt pocket!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.