Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Wky is Premier 1K "loud and proud" on boarding passes?

Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC

(This almost certainly belongs in an existing thread -- a quick search turned up a handful of possibilities, but I trust the mods will sheppard it to the best place)

I recently qualified for 1K for the first time and noticed that my boarding passes now have a giant bold "Premier 1K" notation bottom center.

Being a logical person it seems there's a reason for this but unless theres some secret handshake I haven't been made privy to of I cant figure out why this only shows up on 1K BPs and not Silver/Gold/Plat...

Anyone care to enlighten me while I'm passing am afternoon in IAD? :-)
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
(This almost certainly belongs in an existing thread -- a quick search turned up a handful of possibilities, but I trust the mods will sheppard it to the best place)

I recently qualified for 1K for the first time and noticed that my boarding passes now have a giant bold "Premier 1K" notation bottom center.

Being a logical person it seems there's a reason for this but unless theres some secret handshake I haven't been made privy to of I cant figure out why this only shows up on 1K BPs and not Silver/Gold/Plat...

Anyone care to enlighten me while I'm passing am afternoon in IAD? :-)
Prevent confusion with seat assignments?
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
GLOBAL SERVICES seems to show up much bigger....
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There really are people who believe that they are "elite" because a carrier's marketing people tell them that they are. Those people like to see it on their BP's and as many other places as possible.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Thank you for pointing it out- I never noticed before. Now I can think of all the extra ink it costs me to print.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by zebranz
Thank you for pointing it out- I never noticed before. Now I can think of all the extra ink it costs me to print.
Mobile bp
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
I've had preferential treatment (or at least thought it was) from UA agents after seeing it printed at the bottom where they have no immediate access to a computer to see my record.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:38 pm

When this was launched back in 2012 I think it was to help agents recognize their 1K and GS Customer's faster and provide airport services as needed. This verbiage does not print at the bottom for Plat or lower
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:42 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by trust77
When this was launched back in 2012 I think it was to help agents recognize their 1K and GS Customer's faster and provide airport services as needed. This verbiage does not print at the bottom for Plat or lower
+1

It's not about stroking egos, but about helping CSRs and GAs see without having to type and type away.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
DYKWIA!!!!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
I never noticed this before hitting 1K, but after realizing how big it is printed, I seemed to notice more of my seat mates putting it in their seat pocket in a position that shows the PREMIER 1K or GLOBAL SERVICES.
To be honest, I'd probably do that if I was GS too
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It makes it easier to see who actually belongs in Boarding Group 1.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It makes it easier to see who actually belongs in Boarding Group 1.
... except for the fact that Plats and paid First also belong in BG1 but neither of those groups have a similar prominent "flag" displayed.

At first I was thinking it was DYKWIA-ish since everyone's status is displayed at the top of the BP in "small" font, but I can see in irops handling how having something that can be seen from a mile away would be helpful to expedite recovery.

Thanks for the answers to my musings...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by exerda
+1

It's not about stroking egos, but about helping CSRs and GAs see without having to type and type away.
+1.

This. So CSRs and GAs don't immediately brush you off as soon as you approach the counter.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Same concept as why BMW has the "M" word all over the car. (Front grill, side intakes, rear badge, door entry foot pad, steering wheel, gear stick, etc.)

They want the elite to feel recognized everywhere

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.