Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus (EI) award booking experiences using UA miles [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus (EI) award booking experiences using UA miles [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phant0m
DUB to LAX July 24th Business shows a ton of availability on Expert Flyer and it shows available on United but on the phone with them right now and they say there's no availability and can't push.....

70k points kinda useless.
Actually, Expert Flyer shows no availability in business class, which is always the case on the DUB/LAX route -- where UA has showed phantom space for month.

AFAIK, EI has released no business class awards (U-class) on this flight.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Actually, Expert Flyer shows no availability in business class, which is always the case on the DUB/LAX route -- where UA has showed phantom space for month.

AFAIK, EI has released no business class awards (U-class) on this flight.
Then the fault is entirely with UA. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:34 pm

I guess I'll keep making a new reservation everyday in hopes that I get lucky.

Either that or hope I my AA points gets deposited from Citi soon enough.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phant0m
I guess I'll keep making a new reservation everyday in hopes that I get lucky.

Either that or hope I my AA points gets deposited from Citi soon enough.
Don't waste your time. The EI space from DUB to LAX will not get confirmed. Guaranteed.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Don't waste your time. The EI space from DUB to LAX will not get confirmed. Guaranteed.
+1

A friend even got a confirmation and PNR one time... only to be cancelled a day later.
Considering how long this has been going on, apparently no one at UA really cares about this.
Pity those unsuspecting pax that transferred miles only to find out after the fact.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
+1

A friend even got a confirmation and PNR one time... only to be cancelled a day later.
Considering how long this has been going on, apparently no one at UA really cares about this.
Pity those unsuspecting pax that transferred miles only to find out after the fact.
Good thing most of my points were from the sign up bonus and I only transferred over like 1000 points.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
I do not know if this help much, but recently I had to change my UA ticket from UA flights DUB/EWR/MCO to the direct UA codeshare on EI from DUB to MCO, due to a weather waiver in EWR I had a hard time with the three agents who claim they could not see the code share flight availability even though I could see it on UA.bomb. In the end the last agent transferred me to web support and I got the reservation changed to the UA code share with no problem. The web support agent really knew what she was doing.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:56 pm

Reservation this time was held for over a week until it was removed again today.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
Originally Posted by SFO777
+1

Just wanted to add an update regarding my experience. I booked DUB-LAX back in November for flight in July. I tried it twice online and it auto-cancelled both times. Finally I got a UA rep to do some magic (see previous posts) and it was confirmed and ticketed.

Fast-forward to February, in spite of being "ticket and confirmed" on UAs site, EI had no record of it. I spent hours with UA reps trying to get it sorted out, but they could not get it to work. The offered me DUB-EWR-LAX on UA instead. I almost took it because I was so frustrated. But I did not want an extra stop and I did not want UA business class, so I held out, hoping that I could work something out later.

Then a few weeks after my flurry of phone calls, I noticed that the EI PNR listed on my UA itinerary had changed. I though hmmm, something happened. I called EI and lo and behold they confirmed that I am on the flight and were able to assign seats for me.

So apparently it is possible. I'm not sure that I would ever do it again, though.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gregas
Just wanted to add an update regarding my experience. I booked DUB-LAX back in November for flight in July. I tried it twice online and it auto-cancelled both times. Finally I got a UA rep to do some magic (see previous posts) and it was confirmed and ticketed.

Fast-forward to February, in spite of being "ticket and confirmed" on UAs site, EI had no record of it. I spent hours with UA reps trying to get it sorted out, but they could not get it to work. The offered me DUB-EWR-LAX on UA instead. I almost took it because I was so frustrated. But I did not want an extra stop and I did not want UA business class, so I held out, hoping that I could work something out later.

Then a few weeks after my flurry of phone calls, I noticed that the EI PNR listed on my UA itinerary had changed. I though hmmm, something happened. I called EI and lo and behold they confirmed that I am on the flight and were able to assign seats for me.

So apparently it is possible. I'm not sure that I would ever do it again, though.
Make sure EI has the same ticket number on their PNR as UA has on their PNR. Only when both PNR's are sync'd with the same ticket # would I trust that you will actually be able to fly DUB-LAX on EI with an award ticket.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:53 pm

Business Saver Booking Denied by Aer Lingus

This is my first time trying to book reward travel with united miles and it didnt go so well.

Booked:

LAX-Dub-MXP 2 seats at 70k each

ROM-Dub-LAX 2 seats at 70k each

Was able to book everything on Uniteds website but they had to confirm with Aer Lingus. 24 hours later it was denied. Called United and the rep didnt really know why. Flights still show availability on their reward calendar.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by poesay
Was able to book everything on Uniteds website but they had to confirm with Aer Lingus. 24 hours later it was denied. Called United and the rep didnt really know why. ....
Unfortunately this is a common experience with EI and there appears to be no recourse.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Should UA bookings show up on EI website?

I have a couple of ticketed reservations (one revenue, one award) booked on united.com that involve EI LHR-DUB and SNN-LHR flights. Both appeared to ticket just fine after a few hours of making the reservation. However, when I look up the EI PNRs on aerlingus.com using the Manage Trip function, I get the message "We couldn't find your booking."

Is this the sign of a potential problem, or is this behavior expected for itineraries that were not booked on EI's website?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JonIND
I have a couple of ticketed reservations (one revenue, one award) booked on united.com that involve EI LHR-DUB and SNN-LHR flights. Both appeared to ticket just fine after a few hours of making the reservation. However, when I look up the EI PNRs on aerlingus.com using the Manage Trip function, I get the message "We couldn't find your booking."

Is this the sign of a potential problem, or is this behavior expected for itineraries that were not booked on EI's website?
Have you entered your ticket # on the Saudia website?

This offers a good way to get a complete picture of your booking - if you can decipher the information.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:18 pm

I gave up on mine and found a business booking on Delta/FlyingBlue with Alitalia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.