Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

FFG/UA Nov 7 2015 ORD mini-DO: UA Ops Cntr Tour, QA, Dinner @ Berghoff--REG LINK OPEN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
:-: Sign Up Link :-:

Starting at 1:00pm @ Willis Tower:
United National Operations Center tour,
Presentation by UA management,
Q&A session with UA management
Starting at 7:00pm @ the Berghoff:
Dinner (see menu in the first post below)
Charity auction to benefit the United We Care Employee Relief Fund
Print Wikipost

FFG/UA Nov 7 2015 ORD mini-DO: UA Ops Cntr Tour, QA, Dinner @ Berghoff--REG LINK OPEN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:01 am
Original Poster

4 more days before we close registration. Sometime after Oct 28, all the paid and registered attendees will receive emails (at their Paypal address) asking them for any additional information required, along with more details about the event.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:25 am
Original Poster

One more day before we close registration!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Registration is now closed. You should have received an email with some additional details and a request for information.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Where are people staying? It looks like the W and the new Hyatt Centric are the closest options.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Where are people staying? It looks like the W and the new Hyatt Centric are the closest options.
We're staying at the JW.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
I haven't received an email.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I haven't received an email.
Sent you a PM.

If anyone else has not received an email, please send one to [email protected] with the full name on the ID you are using to check in at Willis Tower with. This includes your guests as well, if you've registered a +1.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I am booked at the Hyatt Centric. Should be an easy walk to both venues, and to the Blue Line from ORD.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I am staying out by O'Hare. Thought about the JW but I am staying multiple nights and it just made more sense to pick a MUCH less expensive place this time.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Final logistical details have been sent via email, so please let me know if you did not receive it. Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I am staying out by O'Hare.
I'm at the HR O'Hare since I have an early morning flight on Sunday.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Exclamation Warning: getting to ORD this morning

According to local TV news, the blue line to ORD is experiencing unanticipated delays this morning. Roadways to the airport are also having slowdowns. I don't understand the cause, as there's a reference to an accident and debris on the track, but I thought they also mentioned a water main break around Rosemount.

In addition, a major 5K and 15K run/walk (with chocolate fondue at the finish) that's causing some downtown streets to be closed.

So, if anyone sees this, allow extra time and check on the current status of how you're getting to the airport today.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
I think I'm glad I stayed near ORD last night.

Pax on my flight said he got on the blue line at 5:30am and almost missed an 8:00 flight. Said that a car apparently toppled off a bridge onto the tracks? If that's true, I'm surprised they got it cleared that fast.

Great to see everyone
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
I'd like to thank the organizers of yesterday's event, as well as all of the presenters and guides at Willis Tower. I had an enjoyable and interesting day, and it was great to be able to match some names with faces and to meet some folks I hadn't met before. And all for a good cause... Very well done!

Originally Posted by seacarl
I think I'm glad I stayed near ORD last night.

Pax on my flight said he got on the blue line at 5:30am and almost missed an 8:00 flight. Said that a car apparently toppled off a bridge onto the tracks? If that's true, I'm surprised they got it cleared that fast.

Great to see everyone
The Blue Line was running on one track through three stations due to trackwork. Glad I got the heads-up and gave myself extra time to get to ORD.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 8, 2015 at 1:24 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by alanro
I'd like to thank the organizers of yesterday's event, as well as all of the presenters and guides at Willis Tower. I had an enjoyable and interesting day, and it was great to be able to match some names with faces and to meet some folks I hadn't met before. And all for a good cause... Very well done!
Alan, couldn't have said it any better than you. Very fun day, nice to put real names and faces with handles, and great to meet you all. Thanks Justin and team for making it happen. Rgds, Tony

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.