Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Promotion - bonus RDM, PQM, or RPU for p.s. segments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Targeted offer with multiple versions, each with 3 offers --
version I
1) 5k RDM per J segment, 2k RDM per Y segment
2) 3.5k PQM per J segment, 1.5k PQM per segment
4) 1 RPU per 2 J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Version II - link
1) 10k RDM per J segment, 3k RDM per Y segment
2) 5k PQM per J segment, 2k PQM per segment
3) 1 RPU per J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Additional links
www.united.com/flyunitedps1
www.united.com/flyunitedps2
www.united.com/flyunitedps3
T&Cs
  1. Only original recipients of email invitation to the offer can register and participate in this promotion.
  2. Registration is required by February 15, 2016, and before ticketing.
  3. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register, purchase and complete paid, qualifying segments between New York/Newark and Los Angeles or San Francisco within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
  4. Ticketing dates: September 17, 2015, through February 29, 2016.
  5. Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after October 25, 2015, and completed on or before February 29, 2016.
  6. Offer is valid on segments flown in F,A,J,C,D,Z,P,Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q and V fare classes.
  7. The offer is valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United® or United Express® and it is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
  8. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
  9. Participating members must choose one of the three offers during registration, and the selection will be applicable to all qualifying activity under this promotion and may not be changed.
  10. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of (A) 100,000 bonus award miles if you choose the bonus award miles offer, OR (B) ten RPU if you choose the RPU offer, OR (C) if you choose the PQM offer, 35,000 PQM between registration and December 31, 2015, and an additional 35,000 PQM between January 1, 2016, and February 29, 2016, each in accordance with these terms and conditions.
  11. PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel or other awards.
  12. Bonus Premier qualifying segments (PQS) and bonus Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) will not be awarded as part of this promotion.
  13. The offer is not valid on government fares.
  14. Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
  15. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus® program for travel to qualify for this offer.
  16. Qualifying flight activities must be credited to the MileagePlus account by February 29, 2016, in order to qualify for this offer.
  17. Bonus choice will post to your account 6-8 weeks upon completion of qualifying activity.
  18. E-Ticket® purchase required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  19. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Regional Premier Upgrade
    Each Regional Premier Upgrade is valid for a single one-way, one-cabin upgrade and will expire on June 30, 2016. Standard Regional Premier Upgrade terms apply. These terms can be changed at any time with or without notice and can be viewed at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...gupgrades.aspx.
Print Wikipost

New Promotion - bonus RDM, PQM, or RPU for p.s. segments

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by ytjk
Mine posted today. Which sent me to 1k.

I got the "Low" offer-- but it makes absolutely no sense I seem to have gotten more than planned.

I'll post the details at some point maybe someone can make sense of it.

I seem to have gotten about 5500 PQM. I had 1 p.s flight in BF and 1 on a W fare which is supposedly ineligible.

Anyway happy holidays to all hope your miles post as well.
What was the date of your flight? How long did it take to post?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
What was the date of your flight? How long did it take to post?
My BF flight was dec 11th. The W flight just this week the 21st.

I can't think of any other reason I would have gotten bonus PQM.

Anyway.

Tomorrow I will post the details and maybe someone can sort it out and that will help someone plan end of year last minute activity

Cheers
Ytjk
Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres

Anyway.

Tomorrow I will post the details and maybe someone can sort it out and that will help someone plan end of year last minute activity

Cheers
Ytjk
Nice, have 3 flights that qualify and still haven't gotten my bonus. Been over 6 weeks now for the Nov 3rd flight. PQM ended at 99830, would have been over but for 2 cancelled flights rebooked on AA this month.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD

Anyway.

Cheers
Ytjk
Thanks - You just became my "colleague" who already earned his PQM's for when I call MP Monday Why would you get it and not me, Mileage Plus, please manually post - haha
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Thanks - You just became my "colleague" who already earned his PQM's for when I call MP Monday Why would you get it and not me, Mileage Plus, please manually post - haha
My lord.

Well it seems like the very random PQM that were posted to my account may have been just that. Random.

I was at 96,566 and expecting my 3500 bonus to top 100000. I showed 102022 for a while when I posted here. God knows why. Now they have bumped me back down to 96566. Although I still show as a 1k.

I did a MR on 21 December to get me to 96566 so I'd pop 1k this year with my 3500 p.s. Bonus miles as I am expecting to fly a lot in 2016. There were some small IRR ops but I don't think that would have given me more random PQM. The MR did include a p.s. Segment but like I said it was in W.

Ytjk
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
My lord.

Well it seems like the very random PQM that were posted to my account may have been just that. Random.

I was at 96,566 and expecting my 3500 bonus to top 100000. I showed 102022 for a while when I posted here. God knows why. Now they have bumped me back down to 96566. Although I still show as a 1k. ....
check out http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...5-flights.html
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thanks a ton. That explains it. I'll let you know when I get my 100,066.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Has anyone had the promo RPUs post yet?

I opted for RPUs and did LAX-EWR-LAX on a P fare. So far no RPUs with June 2016 expiry in my account and I have a Feb PS segment I'd like to apply the short expiry RPUs before the 2017 RPUs.

Update - the good news is that MP email gets a reply in a few hours. After a couple emails, I got a reply that RPU will post 6-8 weeks after the flights. The bad news is that I want to apply one now for a February segment, and these promo RPUs are only valid to June 30, 2016. I guess I will try to call in and see if they can manually post them.

Update #2 - I called and spoke with a CSR (which was a bizarre conversation), and then a Supervisor. They said I'll get an email within 48 hours. I'll update then.

Last edited by Phil Level; Dec 30, 2015 at 4:59 pm
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: SPG, United
My Nov 16 and 17th EWT-SFO U and Q fare flight haven't posted their bonus miles yet... I know it counts towards this year's miles for status, but I can't help but be a but antsy since I need it to qualify for gold next year. Lots of travel planned next year too.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1k, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My Q-class Nov 1st SFO-EWR flight bonus also hasn't been posted. Starting to feel antsy...
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ac-ua
My Q-class Nov 1st SFO-EWR flight bonus also hasn't been posted. Starting to feel antsy...
Nov 1 is nearly 8+ weeks now. Has anyone gotten their bonuses yet???
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by johnathome
Nov 1 is nearly 8+ weeks now. Has anyone gotten their bonuses yet???
I did a flight on the first possible day (10/25) and 10/27 and haven't gotten anything yet.

I enquired with MP, who told me that they will probably start posting in the "first week of January." No apologies, no reasons given. That's just the way it is.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ICH Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Fold, Marriott Gold
I'll meet 1K requirements when the bonus PQMs post. I spoke with a MP agent yesterday that assured me that my segments qualified and that status would be granted when the miles posted. Still a bit uneasy looking at 98600 PQMs on 12/31 without the bonus. Fingers crossed that all works out to maintain 1K.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Posted!

Flight on OCT 31. Bonus PQM posted DEC 31.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ICH Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Fold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bigdog6996
I'll meet 1K requirements when the bonus PQMs post. I spoke with a MP agent yesterday that assured me that my segments qualified and that status would be granted when the miles posted. Still a bit uneasy looking at 98600 PQMs on 12/31 without the bonus. Fingers crossed that all works out to maintain 1K.
Update: The points just posted within the last hour. Back as a 1K for 2016.

Happy New Year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.