Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Promotion - bonus RDM, PQM, or RPU for p.s. segments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Targeted offer with multiple versions, each with 3 offers --
version I
1) 5k RDM per J segment, 2k RDM per Y segment
2) 3.5k PQM per J segment, 1.5k PQM per segment
4) 1 RPU per 2 J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Version II - link
1) 10k RDM per J segment, 3k RDM per Y segment
2) 5k PQM per J segment, 2k PQM per segment
3) 1 RPU per J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Additional links
www.united.com/flyunitedps1
www.united.com/flyunitedps2
www.united.com/flyunitedps3
T&Cs
  1. Only original recipients of email invitation to the offer can register and participate in this promotion.
  2. Registration is required by February 15, 2016, and before ticketing.
  3. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register, purchase and complete paid, qualifying segments between New York/Newark and Los Angeles or San Francisco within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
  4. Ticketing dates: September 17, 2015, through February 29, 2016.
  5. Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after October 25, 2015, and completed on or before February 29, 2016.
  6. Offer is valid on segments flown in F,A,J,C,D,Z,P,Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q and V fare classes.
  7. The offer is valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United® or United Express® and it is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
  8. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
  9. Participating members must choose one of the three offers during registration, and the selection will be applicable to all qualifying activity under this promotion and may not be changed.
  10. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of (A) 100,000 bonus award miles if you choose the bonus award miles offer, OR (B) ten RPU if you choose the RPU offer, OR (C) if you choose the PQM offer, 35,000 PQM between registration and December 31, 2015, and an additional 35,000 PQM between January 1, 2016, and February 29, 2016, each in accordance with these terms and conditions.
  11. PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel or other awards.
  12. Bonus Premier qualifying segments (PQS) and bonus Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) will not be awarded as part of this promotion.
  13. The offer is not valid on government fares.
  14. Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
  15. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus® program for travel to qualify for this offer.
  16. Qualifying flight activities must be credited to the MileagePlus account by February 29, 2016, in order to qualify for this offer.
  17. Bonus choice will post to your account 6-8 weeks upon completion of qualifying activity.
  18. E-Ticket® purchase required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  19. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Regional Premier Upgrade
    Each Regional Premier Upgrade is valid for a single one-way, one-cabin upgrade and will expire on June 30, 2016. Standard Regional Premier Upgrade terms apply. These terms can be changed at any time with or without notice and can be viewed at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...gupgrades.aspx.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC

In my email - basic details are to choose between 1 of 3:

Eligible for travel booked from yesterday until end of February, lowest fare class eligible for this promotion are V fares. When signing up for the promotion, you have to select which bonus option you want.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
My (1K) offer was:

Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
My (Silver) offer is the same as CO_Nonrev_elite's 1K offer. Interestingly, I just made Gold a couple days ago, yet the e-mail offers me a Silver offer.

Last edited by ToneDaBass; Sep 18, 2015 at 9:10 am Reason: additional info
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
My (1K) offer was:

Same here, Canadian based 1k.

Pretty compelling promotion! I can book YYZ>EWR>SFO>EWR>YYZ for $961 CAD ($733 USD) and get ~19,000 PQM. 3.8 CPM for a lifeflat trip.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
I've lost 5 RPUs by having bought many p.s. flights in advance: Four in BF, and enough in coach for the fifth cert.

This of course floods the market, making RPUs harder to use until these expire on June 30, 2016. I've gotten good benefit from 1K status (flying 42% in BF through a combination of clearing certs and buying BF), but I'm aware of the peril of the opportunities drying up. My certs only clear through intensive gaming in a climate always at risk of reform.

So, not great news, overall.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
I got the cheaper OP's offer as a Plat.

Does the flight have to be a p.s. branded flight? I don't see that language specified in the T&C. i.e. Can I just fly any EWR-SFO/LAX flight on 738 or 739.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Zilch for this 1K who has happily moved all SFO-JFK flying to DL...
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Nothing for this 1K.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
In my email - basic details are to choose between 1 of 3:

Eligible for travel booked from yesterday until end of February, lowest fare class eligible for this promotion are V fares. When signing up for the promotion, you have to select which bonus option you want.
Compelling, but I didn't get it :-(
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
As a Silver level member, 3200 YTD PQMs, my offer was the came as CO_Nonrev_elite's. Somewhat compelling promo given the fact that you could earn up to 70K PQM or 10 RPUs with it, but I doubt I will take advantage of it in any way, shape, or form as I am already fully booked for 2015 and don't foresee any reason to fly these routes in early 2016.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
What on earth is the criteria for being eligible for these bonus offers? I haven't gotten a single one since the merger. It's really insulting for RPUs to get cut for 1Ks when the Continental crowd took over, and then they hand it out like candy to random members
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:43 am
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Now, here's an interesting question. The offer that I got clearly says "XXX rewards per segment flown in BusinessFirst/Economy". Not booked. So if I book Y but upgrade with an RPU, do I get the reward for J?

(And yes, I know specific booking codes are listed. But the offer just lists the fare codes that are eligible, and doesn't specifically link reward to fare code.)

I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna work, but ... I can dream...

Originally Posted by miasmal
I got the cheaper OP's offer as a Plat.

Does the flight have to be a p.s. branded flight? I don't see that language specified in the T&C. i.e. Can I just fly any EWR-SFO/LAX flight on 738 or 739.
I might be misremembering, but didn't UA say that as of October 25, all flights between EWR and LAX/SFO will have flat beds and be p.s. branded? I don't think there will be 737s on the routes anymore.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
The promotion is eligible for flights booked as of today but only for flights from October 25th onward.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Zilch for this 1K who has happily moved all SFO-JFK flying to DL...
ditto for me (except I was GS). I have to go to NYC week after next, and then first of November, Delta will keep getting my $3500 RT fares I am not sure why promos like this are not more widely spread, short of someone who flies a single route routinely, it seems like it should be an open offer.

I did (with a trip next week) look at pricing and availability. DL is $3442+ and seat map is more than half full, United is same price but the PS seat maps are nearly empty, and the sCO 757s to EWR are also half empty and selling for $2400 rt. $1000 cheaper and a promo might get me to fly into EWR and risk an airplane swap, but the price difference is not enough (and the DL lounges at both ends rock! )

p.s. and on my flight back on DL on 9/30 I get lie flat on a 764, Delta must be selling a lot of seats to be able to fly that big of a plane from JFK to SFO.

Last edited by spin88; Sep 18, 2015 at 10:29 am
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
My (1K) offer was:

Same for me.

I have two flights already booked in that time frame, will they count or is it new bookings only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.