Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Promotion - bonus RDM, PQM, or RPU for p.s. segments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Targeted offer with multiple versions, each with 3 offers --
version I
1) 5k RDM per J segment, 2k RDM per Y segment
2) 3.5k PQM per J segment, 1.5k PQM per segment
4) 1 RPU per 2 J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Version II - link
1) 10k RDM per J segment, 3k RDM per Y segment
2) 5k PQM per J segment, 2k PQM per segment
3) 1 RPU per J segments flown, 1 RPU per 4 Y segments flown
Additional links
www.united.com/flyunitedps1
www.united.com/flyunitedps2
www.united.com/flyunitedps3
T&Cs
  1. Only original recipients of email invitation to the offer can register and participate in this promotion.
  2. Registration is required by February 15, 2016, and before ticketing.
  3. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register, purchase and complete paid, qualifying segments between New York/Newark and Los Angeles or San Francisco within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
  4. Ticketing dates: September 17, 2015, through February 29, 2016.
  5. Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after October 25, 2015, and completed on or before February 29, 2016.
  6. Offer is valid on segments flown in F,A,J,C,D,Z,P,Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q and V fare classes.
  7. The offer is valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United® or United Express® and it is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
  8. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
  9. Participating members must choose one of the three offers during registration, and the selection will be applicable to all qualifying activity under this promotion and may not be changed.
  10. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of (A) 100,000 bonus award miles if you choose the bonus award miles offer, OR (B) ten RPU if you choose the RPU offer, OR (C) if you choose the PQM offer, 35,000 PQM between registration and December 31, 2015, and an additional 35,000 PQM between January 1, 2016, and February 29, 2016, each in accordance with these terms and conditions.
  11. PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel or other awards.
  12. Bonus Premier qualifying segments (PQS) and bonus Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) will not be awarded as part of this promotion.
  13. The offer is not valid on government fares.
  14. Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
  15. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus® program for travel to qualify for this offer.
  16. Qualifying flight activities must be credited to the MileagePlus account by February 29, 2016, in order to qualify for this offer.
  17. Bonus choice will post to your account 6-8 weeks upon completion of qualifying activity.
  18. E-Ticket® purchase required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  19. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Regional Premier Upgrade
    Each Regional Premier Upgrade is valid for a single one-way, one-cabin upgrade and will expire on June 30, 2016. Standard Regional Premier Upgrade terms apply. These terms can be changed at any time with or without notice and can be viewed at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...gupgrades.aspx.
Print Wikipost

New Promotion - bonus RDM, PQM, or RPU for p.s. segments

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bigdog6996
Update: The points just posted within the last hour. Back as a 1K for 2016.

Happy New Year
100,066 here

Happy new year.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
My Q-Class in Dec SIN-NRT-SIN got the bonus PQM and was posted yesterday.^

This was unexpected. But I am not complaining.

If I would have known, a few flight segments would have been credited to another program as to maximize PQMs.

Anyway, any idea what was this promotion all about?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by chrisksc
My Q-Class in Dec SIN-NRT-SIN got the bonus PQM and was posted yesterday.^

This was unexpected. But I am not complaining.

If I would have known, a few flight segments would have been credited to another program as to maximize PQMs.

Anyway, any idea what was this promotion all about?
The promotion was all about providing an extra incentive for MP members to take PS flights.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, 1M
My December 3rd RT SFO/EWR just posted as 10,000 bonus PQMs. I guess that they got a bit overwhelmed with people calling to worry about the 6 to 8 week advertised posting delay and chose today to cleanup the early adopter's accounts.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by physioprof
The promotion was all about providing an extra incentive for MP members to take PS flights.
But my flights were not PS.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Same here, all my PS flights from Nov and Dec finally posted along with the GPUs and RPUs. Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:55 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Anybody got bonus RPUs to post? I'm still waiting on mine for 3 p.s. J segments.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
No luck yet for PS flights on December 18th and 26th. I'm hoping my PQM just post a little later because my flight happened so recently. Also I'm obviously still missing my 2 RPU and 6 GPU, so am going to get nervous if they don't post soon. Why does it take so long for these to post?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Have to finally hand it to UA - was worried about the 10,000PQM I am owed (figured i would go a month without 1K (had 93,243 PQM on 12/30 but UA came thru and as of mid night 1/31 my bonus PQM's were added and my 22nd year as a 1K is secure (the fewest miles flown by me on UA since 1994 but the most miles flown on EK since 2000 so it equals out)

Now I wonder when I will get the credit for the D class tkt i flew on 12/31 from EWR-LAX??? still not credited so will it go to 2016 or go back to 2015???
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:59 pm

I flew 12/26 and am sitting on 49K PQM, with the 1500 from the promotion expected to put me over. Was only silver in 2015, so timing makes a difference for me.

I just called agent and was told that the bonus will post by the end of February.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by schwarm
I just called agent and was told that the bonus will post by the end of February.
For those of us awaiting 1K renewal, if we get the GPUs in February, I wonder if we will get an extra month before expiration.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA/1k
Question checking enrollment status?

I signed up for this promo, and when I try to sign up again, it says that I'm already registered for the promo. However, on the offers page (https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...s/default.aspx) I don't see the promotion or my registration status. Is there any way to confirm that I'm actually signed up for this promo on their system?

I tried calling the 1k desk but the person didn't know what I was talking aobut.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:06 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by vijayp
I signed up for this promo, and when I try to sign up again, it says that I'm already registered for the promo. However, on the offers page (https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...s/default.aspx) I don't see the promotion or my registration status. Is there any way to confirm that I'm actually signed up for this promo on their system?

I tried calling the 1k desk but the person didn't know what I was talking about.
Call the MileagePlus Service Center. They'll be able to confirm it for you. Give them the promotion code if they don't know what you're talking about.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: SPG, United
I just got off the phone w/ the service center. My bonus PQMs haven't posted yet and they said there's no way to expedite it, so I'll just have to wait the full 8 weeks for my Nov 17th flight to credit. I'm sitting at 48,xxx PQM for 2015 and need these 3k PQMs.

This is a bit annoying since I have 3 r/t flight starting the 3rd wk of Jan that I'm booking and I would like to confirm the E+ upgrades now.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by aznatama
I just got off the phone w/ the service center. My bonus PQMs haven't posted yet and they said there's no way to expedite it, so I'll just have to wait the full 8 weeks for my Nov 17th flight to credit. I'm sitting at 48,xxx PQM for 2015 and need these 3k PQMs.

This is a bit annoying since I have 3 r/t flight starting the 3rd wk of Jan that I'm booking and I would like to confirm the E+ upgrades now.
Makes no sense how UA is posting these bonuses. My 2 PS flights were 12/3 & 12/10. I needed 6,400 PQMs To hit 1K & was surprised to see UA credited the 10,000 bonus PQMs at midnight 12/31 and added the 6 GPUs & 2 extra RPUs at the same time.

I'm certainly not special but during a call to Mileage Plus a few weeks ago asking about when I would see these credits I lucked out w a great agent who looked at my account history back to 1994 & remarked "wow, you've been a 1K every year since you joined" she then asked why so few PQMs earned this year since my average over 21 years is 167,000 PQM's. I explained that I'm based in Dubai & most of my flights in 2015 were to Asia or L.A. (Both are non stop destinations on EK). I have a feeling this agent watched my account and did me a favor. Too bad it was unexpected or I would have asked her name and wrote a letter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.