Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I've never had any problems until recently, when for some reason Hertz says they don't get my FF number.
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Just called President's Circle CSR and they reversed the Gold Points and advised 3-4 weeks for crediting of UA miles. GP points were debited immediately and I'll update when the UA miles post.
OK, thanks for posting, good to be aware. The new site still makes me leery.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I wonder if Hertz joining Skyteam will spell the end of partnerships with airlines outside of ST

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300731889.html
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:07 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
So who will UA partner with? National is AA, right?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
I'd be ok with National tbh. Korean Air SkyTeam codeshares with some OneWorld partners and sure there are plenty of other examples out there of other situations, guess we will see
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:49 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DG206
I'd be ok with National tbh. Korean Air SkyTeam codeshares with some OneWorld partners and sure there are plenty of other examples out there of other situations, guess we will see
I'd be thrilled with National. I've had far better experiences with them as an Exec Emerald than with Hertz as President's Circle--better car selection, better prices, better customer service... That said, I rented Hertz last week to get the UA miles given the two cost roughly the same.
DG206 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:07 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Extended again
Take advantage of this exclusive offer from Hertz by March 31, 2019.
Save on base rates and earn 1,000 MileagePlus® award miles when you rent a car with Hertz®. Plus, earn an additional 1,500 bonus miles every time you book a mid-size or larger vehicle for two or more days at an airport location.

To take advantage of this offer, book through united.com with your MileagePlus number and use discount code (CDP) 62455 and promotion code (PC) 204508. Valid for rentals picked up by March 31, 2019.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Has anyone else been having issues getting Hertz to send the miles? I'm owed miles from two trips that were months ago, and they've even responded to my emails saying that the've directed people to send the miles to United. But still nothing. I used to get my miles within a week or two.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
I'm United Silver and got 500 miles + 1500 miles posted for a Hertz rental. Will an additional 500 post separately or did the system mess up?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BudgetJetsetter
I'm United Silver and got 500 miles + 1500 miles posted for a Hertz rental. Will an additional 500 post separately or did the system mess up?
The bonus usually posts within a few days.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Extended again

This is not working for me....again.
I also can't login at united.com/hertz, as it simply reverts back to the united.com main page.

Has anyone successfully rented UA/Hertz recently?

Entering the codes (CDP) 62455 and promotion code (PC) 204508 now gives following error, where it used to work previously many times:

" The Promotion Coupon youve selected - {0} is not available for this rental either because that location isnt participating or some requirement for the offer hasnt been met. We have removed the Promotion Coupon from your request to provide you with the best rate. There may be other offers in the Special offer section which do apply, so you could check there for an alternative. [DRX141] "
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
I also can't login at united.com/hertz, as it simply reverts back to the united.com main page.

Has anyone successfully rented UA/Hertz recently?...
I did not purchase the rental
But I was able to log-in and search rentals

Where are you trying from? Outside of the USA or North America? Might be some new geo-fencing.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone successfully rented UA/Hertz recently?

Entering the codes (CDP) 62455 and promotion code (PC) 204508 now gives following error, where it used to work previously many times:

" The Promotion Coupon youve selected - {0} is not available for this rental either because that location isnt participating or some requirement for the offer hasnt been met. We have removed the Promotion Coupon from your request to provide you with the best rate. There may be other offers in the Special offer section which do apply, so you could check there for an alternative. [DRX141] "
By chance I just did one, actually. Maybe a cookie issue?

I started from this link—
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx
—with no cookies and did not log in.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I did not purchase the rental
But I was able to log-in and search rentals

Where are you trying from? Outside of the USA or North America? Might be some new geo-fencing.
I'm in USA now, looking for AVP-EWR.
Maybe AVP stopped participating? Is that even possible?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:05 am

I'm in USA now, looking for AVP-EWR. -- not a great deal but
Maybe AVP stopped participating? Is that even possible?
used united.com/hertz , logged in, and searched OW AVP-EWR
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:17 am

Works again.
Well, that was all rather weird.
Was able to book directly with Hertz and the PC and CDP codes. Despite the error message, the Discount is listed as: CDP: UNITED A\L FF DISCOUNT #

Can also properly log into United Rental Cars site now...suddenly.

Rather peculiar.
Thanks for the help: it made me persevere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.