Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Extended to 2/28/2019...whew!
jsloan, jjmoore and riphamilton like this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Extended to 2/28/2019...whew!
Is rebooking required in order to get the extended bonus?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by findark
Is rebooking required in order to get the extended bonus?
I would assume so. The old booking engine on UA would allow you to book under an offer code that expired after the advertised end date. The new one doesn’t, in my experience.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle

I would assume so. The old booking engine on UA would allow you to book under an offer code that expired after the advertised end date. The new one doesn’t, in my experience.
I have a reservation for October that I made a while back, and it has the correct codes applied.

FYI - I've been awaiting miles for August bookings, and received 500 miles plus 500 Silver bonus for a late August booking, but still no 1500 miles. I had an early August booking for which I haven't received any miles. I finally looked at my Hertz account and found that they had credited points instead of miles. I contacted them and they said that the although the correct codes were in place, my MP # was missing. They reversed the points, and are sending the miles request to United. Glad I checked.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Great news for the extension into next year. Just booked 3 more in the next 2 weeks.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:15 pm

I'm curious - are there certain airports that are not participating / are excluded now in this promo? I have been looking to book a rental from BTV in early November, but I keep getting 'no results' returned, which can't possibly be right.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I have been looking to book a rental from BTV in early November, but I keep getting 'no results' returned, which can't possibly be right.
Tried to book a one day rental on cars.united.com: no cars available with search " Wilkes-Barre Scranton, US (AVP) "
A new search with Scranton, PA as the pick-up location yielded results for two locations, Wyoming Avenue, Scranton, PA and Scranton Airport (which is AVP!!).

I recommend you try a search for Burlington, VT!

The new system is the pits!
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by narvik
Tried to book a one day rental on cars.united.com: no cars available with search " Wilkes-Barre Scranton, US (AVP) "
A new search with Scranton, PA as the pick-up location yielded results for two locations, Wyoming Avenue, Scranton, PA and Scranton Airport (which is AVP!!).

I recommend you try a search for Burlington, VT!

The new system is the pits!
I did that - only get Thrifty results when I switch to the city, as opposed to the airport code.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I did that - only get Thrifty results when I switch to the city, as opposed to the airport code.
Okay, well, worth a try!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
It has been a long time since I rented at Hertz without an United CDP. Does someone know what are the UA mileage plus earnings if I do not use the UA CDP (e.g. AAA/Corporate)?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
I've been doing this promo for a couple years ago and just tried the most recent CDP 62455 / PC 204508 for a rental on 9/6-9/8. Gold+ points just posted to my account for some bizarre reason but no UA miles. First time I've had this issue. Anyone else?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeystl
I've been doing this promo for a couple years ago and just tried the most recent CDP 62455 / PC 204508 for a rental on 9/6-9/8. Gold+ points just posted to my account for some bizarre reason but no UA miles. First time I've had this issue. Anyone else?
You have to put your UA MP number on the booking — are you sure you've done that? If you are getting Hertz points, it sounds as though they don't know your UA account (you are supposed to get one or the other).
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by fumje
You have to put your UA MP number on the booking — are you sure you've done that? If you are getting Hertz points, it sounds as though they don't know your UA account (you are supposed to get one or the other).
Like I said...i've been doing UA/Hertz promo for YEARS without a problem. The most recent PC code is the only time Ive had an issue with points going to my GP acct instead of UA.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I've never had any problems until recently, when for some reason Hertz says they don't get my FF number.
hockeystl likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I've never had any problems until recently, when for some reason Hertz says they don't get my FF number.
Just called President's Circle CSR and they reversed the Gold Points and advised 3-4 weeks for crediting of UA miles. GP points were debited immediately and I'll update when the UA miles post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.