Wiki Posts
Search

Amenities in GF

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by PTahCha
The luggage helping thing seems like an Asian airline requirement. I saw a CX FA, because of her height, step on the seat rail to get a bag up to the luggage bin, which I thought was a workplace safety hazard.
It is a safety hazard and certainly not an Asian airline requirement. As not long ago there was a CX FA tried to sue CX. She was helping a pax to put luggage in the overhead bin and injured her back. CX refused to pay for her medical expenses and since she was injured on sick leave for quite a long time, then CX eventually fired her.

Many FA know they are not supposed to help, but in order to speed up the boarding process, they still do it on occasion
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
UA is not going to provide Global First with the amenities one would expect on carriers that appeal to people who are going to pay for the cabin. The revenue just isn't there and UA doesn't want to spend the money needed to compete.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 11, 2015 at 3:26 pm Reason: removed deleted post and response per Moderator note
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by goalie
TOPIC CHECK

This is a discussion about amenities in Global first and not a discussion about non-revs and upgrades

goalie
UA forum Co-Moderator
Reminder for those that had forgotten.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
Our daughter didn't know what an "amenity kit" was, and texted her Mom to make sure she could keep the case itself.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 11, 2015 at 8:38 pm Reason: Questions/discussion of moderation is not allowed in the threads, contact Mods via PM or "!" notification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.