FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Amenities in GF (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1700723-amenities-gf.html)

anandrag Aug 6, 2015 4:47 pm

Amenities in GF

Flying GF next week EWR-GVA-EWR. Wondering what amenities are. Pajamas, slippers etc? How about VOD?

IAH-OIL-TRASH Aug 6, 2015 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 25232839)
Flying GF next week EWR-GVA-EWR. Wondering what amenities are. Pajamas, slippers etc? How about VOD?

Scroll down to United Global First:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ght/first.aspx

You'll have to bring your own PJs - but if you do, you'll stand out. It's BusinessFirst w/ soup and a better seat.

anandrag Aug 6, 2015 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 25232843)

Wow!
UA must be only airline that doesn't give pajamas and slippers in F. Many even do it in C.
Unbelievable

IAH-OIL-TRASH Aug 6, 2015 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 25232849)
Wow!
UA must be only airline that doesn't give pajamas and slippers in F. Many even do it in C.
Unbelievable

Delta doesn't provide PJs.

transportprof Aug 6, 2015 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 25232849)
Wow!
Unbelievable

But not every competitor provides soup in long-haul F. :p

Madone59 Aug 6, 2015 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 25232864)
Delta doesn't provide PJs.

Delta doesn't have F ;). AA does, and does.

anandrag Aug 6, 2015 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59 (Post 25232934)
Delta doesn't have F ;). AA does, and does.

I can't think of an airline with F with no pajamas. Maybe some of the Chinese carriers?

kevanyalowitz Aug 6, 2015 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 25232843)

You'll have to bring your own PJs - but if you do, you'll stand out. It's BusinessFirst w/ soup and a better seat.

You'll have a good flight. GF is an incomparable seat, with far more room, more attention from FAs and a substantially more relaxing experience. And yes, there is soup. The disappointing thing about EWR is that the ground facilities are a disaster and not suited for international premium cabin passengers.

johnathome Aug 6, 2015 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz (Post 25233441)
You'll have a good flight. GF is an incomparable seat, with far more room, more attention from FAs and a substantially more relaxing experience. And yes, there is soup. The disappointing thing about EWR is that the ground facilities are a disaster and not suited for international premium cabin passengers.

EWR is getting better in terms of new restaurants and more options. But no Global First club still. You have to fly out of IAD, SFO or ORD for those.

anandrag Aug 7, 2015 9:02 am

Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz (Post 25233441)
You'll have a good flight. GF is an incomparable seat, with far more room, more attention from FAs and a substantially more relaxing experience

Incomparable vs what? BF? Can't imagine it's better than EK, SQ, LH, CX etc. Also have found quality of FAs on UA to be questionable so will be interesting to see what they do for GF customers.

Also, will it be full of non-revs like AA ends up having?

zrs70 Aug 7, 2015 9:11 am

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 25235739)

Also, will it be full of non-revs like AA ends up having?

Question on this.... I'm in GF every so often. It never occurs to me to think about whether my fellow pax are rev or non-rev. But it seems like it's a hot button issue on ft.

Do non-revs make the experience any worse?

anandrag Aug 7, 2015 9:15 am

Originally Posted by zrs70 (Post 25235783)
Question on this.... I'm in GF every so often. It never occurs to me to think about whether my fellow pax are rev or non-rev. But it seems like it's a hot button issue on ft.

Do non-revs make the experience any worse?

I think they have potentially 2 impacts that I have seen:
1. They are friends with or familiar with FAs so they end up chatting most of the flight and FAs neglect other pax due to this
2. The FAs have more people to serve (incl people that didn't pay for GF or BF and then upgraded) so service suffers

IAH-OIL-TRASH Aug 7, 2015 9:20 am

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 25235800)
I think they have potentially 2 impacts that I have seen:
1. They are friends with or familiar with FAs so they end up chatting most of the flight and FAs neglect other pax due to this
2. The FAs have more people to serve (incl people that didn't pay for GF or BF and then upgraded) so service suffers

With so many complaints about UA's GF, why are you flying it????

lost*in*cyberspace Aug 7, 2015 9:21 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 25235826)

I was wondering the same thing. A lot of complaints before even trying it. :rolleyes:

anandrag Aug 7, 2015 9:24 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 25235826)

Didn't realize I was speaking to UA spokesperson here...

I questioned fact that they don't provide pajamas.
Then I asked whether many non-revs and someone asked me what downside of non-revs is. I answered that. Don't see that as a complaint.

To answer your question: I have 8 GPUs left so am using them to upgrade from BF to try it out. Just because I am flying something doesn't mean I can't question some items or complain about what I think doesn't think make sense.