Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Cowshed Amenity / Shower Kits [1 Aug 2015, Revised March 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Cowshed Amenity / Shower Kits [1 Aug 2015, Revised March 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nyr2299
Dont have an opinion for the products in the amenity kits, but if the picture is accurate, I like the bags.
+1

I rarely use them. BUT, I usually give each of my nieces (both under 11) one of these at Christmas, it's like a little play makeup bag with the lotion and lip balm. The new bag looks much nicer!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just donated about 30 amenity kits to the local homeless shelter. I can't help myself from taking them even though I don't need them.
I am excited to see the new kits.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by kluau88
Amenity kits are part of the inflight package on airlines that can enhance the overall flying experience for the passenger, so in my opinion it is part of the puzzle on how one views a particular airline product.
+1 - a memorable kit will enhance the perception of the airline / experience, and average kit is neutral, and poor kits will hurt. UA kits were, IMO, average at best. Not bad - and I do give them points for efforts (i.e. the recent gold themed kits)...

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jul 7, 2015 at 11:52 am
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:40 am

Huh???

Originally Posted by transportprof
Are the amenity cases real leather?

I wonder how this amenity will be received on the flights to Mumbai and Delhi?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by malgudi
Huh???
http://www.religionfacts.com/hinduism/beliefs/cow
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by malgudi
Huh???
Leather comes from cows - and cows are pretty important in India, but I think the poster was drawing conclusions that probably shouldn't be (as I suspect you were probably pointing out)...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I think the bangs look cool and like this ^
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
They're genuinely attractive. Thumbs up. I do hope the new GF kit folds out into a multi-level hanging toiletry bag the way the last one did, though. That was a clever design.
This. I also use one of those GF ones to store all my cables etc. when I travel. All round useful.

Concur that the new kits look nice. Perhaps I should switch my YVR-MUC on LH in the first week of August over to UA....
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US ex-CP, NW silver, Marriott plat, SPG gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
These look like a nice step up!

My favorite kits are still the Rimowa kits on NH and TG first class - to me they are so cool... A friend of mine owns one of the largest global companies that puts together these things for the suppliers / airlines - you would be amazed how cheap they are (only a few dollars cost each) - which always amazed me how little companies spend on their "best' customers (not a UA comment no flames please).
Not really amazed at how little it costs - most things cost surprisingly little to make vs. packaging/marketing and there is none of that going into shoving a kit into a seat during a changeover.

As far as do customers care about kits? I never use anything other than the eyecover but I have a bunch stocked in the house for guests and the kids sure enjoy playing with them
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer

Concur that the new kits look nice. Perhaps I should switch my YVR-MUC on LH in the first week of August over to UA....
I currently have a bridge for sale in NY - shoot me a PM asap!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer

Wow, you must really like Cowshed products!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:46 pm

Since when did the amenity kits turn into those bags full of marketing materials you get when attending a convention? The last straw for me was during May/June when the kits for IAD-PEK had golf balls, golf tees, and dorky looking socks. No thanks. I don't need that kind of useless bulk, and I stated as much when UA asked me to comment on those flights.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Hopefully the premium lav amenities finally find their way to the sCO fleet...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Very nice looking!

I have to admit that my favorite UA kits were the cheapest ones... The drawstring bag. I use these old bags for my charging wires, earphones, and other electronic stuff. Easy to put in the bags.

The new golf bag amenity kit is also perfect for this!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Leather comes from cows - and cows are pretty important in India, but I think the poster was drawing conclusions that probably shouldn't be (as I suspect you were probably pointing out)...
As a Hindu, I'm irritated, but I also recognize there's not much I can do about it unless there's another *A airline flying the same route. (I'm just as irritated that when I buy a car here in the US, if I want advanced features, I have to get it with leather seats.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.