Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Question about recieving credit for missed connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond

I was flying from EWR-IAH-BRO. The flight left EWR late and we landed in IAH too late to make the connection to BRO, which was the last flight out for the day. I was flying for work to only overnight in BRO and return in the early morning with time sensitive materials. Do to missing the overnight connection there was no longer a need for me to continue on to BRO, so I was instructed to just overnight in IAH and return to EWR in the morning. Would I still receive credit for the IAH-BRO, BRO-IAH segments? I am guessing no since they weren't flown, but I figured there might be a snowballs chance in hell to request credit since it was UA's delay that caused me to miss the flight...
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
You should get your credit for that send in a original routing credit (ORC) and say that it was a TRIP IN VAIN because of the missed connection.
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ageCredit.aspx
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I just did this last week. Sent a webform (it's the complaint, not missing miles form) and received an email with the credit in less than 90 minutes.

This has nothing to do with the Trip in Vain provisions of the COC, but rather is a simple customer service gesture. UA has all the information and all you need is two sentences, "I misconnected due to a late-arriving flight into IAH and therefore returned to EWR. Please credit me for the the miles, PQS and PQD for IAH-BRO-IAH."

Note that your employer is entitled to refund of the ticket (all segments) under the Trip in Vain provisions. If your employer makes that claim, you will not receive ORC. So, check with your employer first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.