Wiki Posts
Search

Change fee paid with old money!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Talking Change fee paid with old money!!!

Haven't seen any reports of this, and a search turned up nada.

Just changed a flight with an agent (round trip changed to one way, so needed to call).

Original ticket about $740. New ticket about $450. Received an E-Cert for about $90. The agent specifically said that the change fee would be taken from the credit...I repeated that back to him and he confirmed it. Finally!!!!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Haven't seen any reports of this, and a search turned up nada.

Just changed a flight with an agent (round trip changed to one way, so needed to call).

Original ticket about $740. New ticket about $450. Received an E-Cert for about $90. The agent specifically said that the change fee would be taken from the credit...I repeated that back to him and he confirmed it. Finally!!!!
If this is a change back to the sUA method and isn't just a fluke, color me impressed ^
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by lilpisher
If this is a change back to the sUA method and isn't just a fluke, color me impressed ^
Indeed. And if this is indeed a policy change, that is the most significant reversal of procedures we've seen in a long time.

Last edited by goalie; Apr 27, 2015 at 8:10 pm Reason: Removed trolling comments
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa
Indeed. And if this is indeed a policy change, that is the most significant reversal of procedures we've seen in a long time.
It is, if my experience wasn't a one-off or a mistake, but it seems to me that there would have to have been a software modification to even allow the agent to pull this off. Cautiously optimistic...waiting for corroboration.

Last edited by goalie; Apr 27, 2015 at 8:11 pm Reason: Edited quoted post to match edited original post
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Was it a refundable fare? If so, this has always been allowed (Think of it as a full refund minus cancellation fee, and then buying a new ticket with the money you got back)
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docbert
Was it a refundable fare? If so, this has always been allowed (Think of it as a full refund minus cancellation fee, and then buying a new ticket with the money you got back)
As they said they got an e-cert for the balance left over, doubt it was a refundable fare.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
We should go to our online itineraries and experiment with it (without actually following through on the change).
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I've had mixed luck in the past couple weeks, one old money and one new money.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mduell
I just had a new mney experience.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Was the old-money experience via an agent and the new-money one online?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My company uses Balboa. All my changes are change fee and fare difference rolled into one charge. I haven't seen a separate charge for the change fee in quite a while.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Was the old-money experience via an agent and the new-money one online?
Both over the phone, online rebooking is broken in my experience.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Both over the phone, online rebooking is broken in my experience.
The fact that some agents are offering the old-money option may be a very good sign. As we know, it takes time for all agents to become aware of such changes to policy. I still run into agents who aren't aware of things like SDC (same-day change).
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
The fact that some agents are offering the old-money option may be a very good sign. As we know, it takes time for all agents to become aware of such changes to policy. I still run into agents who aren't aware of things like SDC (same-day change).

The old CO rule that seems to apply to today's UA, is that if it's a customer positive, staff are poorly trained and it takes time to trickle down. If it's a customer negative (or revenue generator), seems that all staff are well trained and appropriately aware on Day 1.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by channa
The old CO rule that seems to apply to today's UA, is that if it's a customer positive, staff are poorly trained and it takes time to trickle down. If it's a customer negative (or revenue generator), seems that all staff are well trained and appropriately aware on Day 1.
Or probably United coded the negative changes in the computer system to keep agents from straying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.