Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Vacations is a third-party travel agency that is neither owned or operated by United Airlines or UCH (note using the site one would think different)

As of 2018
A company you can trust
United Vacations is the leisure vacation package product for United Airlines and is operated by ALG Vacations Corp. ALG Vacations Corp. is a privately held company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been fulfilling millions of vacation dreams with unparalleled customer care and at exceptional value for over 40 years
ALG== Apple Leisure Group, corprorate link

previously
A company you can trust
United Vacations is the leisure vacation package product for United Airlines and is operated by The Mark Travel Corporation (TMTC). TMTC is a privately held company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been fulfilling millions of vacation dreams with unparalleled customer care and at exceptional value for over 40 years
Buying Individual Bulk Fares Directly from United / United Vacations
Print Wikipost

Experience with United Vacations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
...The good folks at UA are aware that all Asian countries aren't the same, right? ....
Standard warning about United Vacations -- it is NOT UA. It is an fully independent third party travel agent that has licensed the branding "United Vacations". The company is actual ALG

Just beware you are not dealing with UA and do not have the same T&Cs as UA offers.
flyme2 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
Pretty big assumption that UA will offer travel packages to such a remote airport in all classes of service. Generally when UA flies there or there is JV codeshare these work well.

Fares may be bulk fares or not. I they are a lot cheaper they are almost always bulk.
Codeshares are fine. Delivering me to a completely different country is not.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to use a UAV gift card? I received one, but have no idea on how it would be useful for me.

I primarily travel solo, and usually book a lot of city-oriented travel. I'm also usually interested in staying at either midrange chain or boutique hotels and not really splashy luxury or resort hotels. I also rarely ever rent a car.

I tried to price out a long weekend SFO-YUL, and Vacations is USD$100+ more than what it would be to book the flight and one given hotel separately. Where is the value in UAV? I get the sense that the only value in it is for families going to CUN of Hawaii for a week, and that is, uhh, not quite me.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:11 am
RNE

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I decided to search for PHX-DAD
Traveling on Father's Day, perhaps?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:15 am

Help in unsubscribing from direct mail:
I seem to have got myself on some mailing list from "United Vacation Packages" operated by Priceline coming from <[email protected]>. The link to unsubscribe always leads to a 404 page. When I login to the United Vacation page and login with my United credentials, the only thing my "profile" button allows is to sign out. As a temporary measure, I mark all those emails as spam so I don't have to see it. I would like to remove myself from this list, but I don't know how. When I look at the link for the terms and conditions https://packages.united.com/static-p...licy-untd.html it gives me the option of a webform https://packages.united.com/dsarwebform to exercise my rights under CCPA and GDPR - however, it seems to be quite general in referring to all data held by United - I don't want to delete my all my info from United, or not receive any email from them about their flight sales, etc; I just want to opt out of this one particularly annoying list. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I should proceed to remove myself from their list?
Many thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by under2100
Help in unsubscribing from direct mail:
I seem to have got myself on some mailing list from "United Vacation Packages" operated by Priceline coming from <[email protected]>. The link to unsubscribe always leads to a 404 page. When I login to the United Vacation page and login with my United credentials, the only thing my "profile" button allows is to sign out. As a temporary measure, I mark all those emails as spam so I don't have to see it. I would like to remove myself from this list, but I don't know how. When I look at the link for the terms and conditions https://packages.united.com/static-p...licy-untd.html it gives me the option of a webform https://packages.united.com/dsarwebform to exercise my rights under CCPA and GDPR - however, it seems to be quite general in referring to all data held by United - I don't want to delete my all my info from United, or not receive any email from them about their flight sales, etc; I just want to opt out of this one particularly annoying list. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I should proceed to remove myself from their list?
Many thanks!
check in the mail header if there is a reference to
X-CSA-Complaints
if so, submit a complaint to that email address or via https://certified-senders.org/submit-a-complaint/

you will need a copy of the extended header in the complaint.
I would also see if there are additional addresses or domains in the return path or URL's paths listed in the
List-Unsubscribe
good luck.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Do trips purchased through United Vacations earn PQP? I seem to remember the answer being no -- want to make sure I'm passing along the right info.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aero219
Do trips purchased through United Vacations earn PQP? I seem to remember the answer being no -- want to make sure I'm passing along the right info.
UA Vacations (an independent OTA that is not own by UAL), can issue Bulk tickets or regular ticket, either of which will earn PQDs but the amount varies on the ticket and the type of ticket.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Got some pretty good deals with them last summer, but since they completely stopped selling business class tickets they have been utterly useless
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cfischer
Got some pretty good deals with them last summer, but since they completely stopped selling business class tickets they have been utterly useless
That seems utterly dumb. Why would a travel company not try to cater to customers who will cough up that kind of money???
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
That seems utterly dumb. Why would a travel company not try to cater to customers who will cough up that kind of money???
It is dumb. And the radio buttons for prem eco, business etc. are still there ... it just doesn't return any such fares, only coach ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.