Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Italian Wedding soup in both IAH UCs I visited yesterday--checked out the new UC in C North, was packed. Then proceeded to B via the new walkway connection between C North and B. That was quite convenient.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
ORD B7 has Garden Vegetable at the moment. DCA yesterday was Italian Wedding. Looks like the 55 gallon industrial drum of Tomato Basil is finally empty.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Looks like the 55 gallon industrial drum of Tomato Basil is finally empty.
You mean those warehouses of barrels? Or maybe what remains will be frozen and served as non-vegan savory sundaes on the Polaris flights without glass bowls...

David
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by bmw303
It would be nice if UA could clearly label each eligible item as "Vegetarian", "Vegan" or "Kosher".
Clearly labelling it as "food" would be a start and stop any confusion !
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: UA
Italian Wedding at EWR and SFO 6/1 and 6/2
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Both the EWR & MCO clubs had the Italian Wedding soup last weekend.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by bmw303
It would be nice if UA could clearly label each eligible item as "Vegetarian", "Vegan" or "Kosher".
Indeed! I first asked the staff if the soup is vegetarian. She replied that it should be. I then asked her to please consult the list of ingredients, so she went to the back and returned 5 minutes later to tell me that the soup does contain beef stock.

On the other end of the spectrum, there's the BR lounge in TPE, which not only offers a good variety of vegetarian and vegan items, it also features a dedicated serving spoon clearly labeled "for vegetarian use only," in order to avoid cross contamination.

Taipei (and Taiwan in general, I believe) is a veritable paradise for vegetarians and vegans. Due in part to its large population of Buddhists, there are many vegetarian restaurants offering excellent and interesting cuisines at various levels/price points.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Clearly labelling it as "food" would be a start and stop any confusion !
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Italian Wedding at LAX today. With Bonus "Italian Seasoning tray" amd side containers of Parmesan Cheese and Croutons
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Italian Wedding Soup at IAH/C1 today.

I do not find it too bad, but hey UAInsider, we liked it better when the two pots had different soups.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I am in the ATL club now. Italian wedding soup, salad, veggie sticks, southwest corn salad, assorted rolls, cheese tray, and the worst snack mix I've ever had.

Is this the same snack mix being served in all of the other clubs? I don't remember it being this horrid. It's as if they forgot to roast the nuts.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:37 am

UC in LHR still dishing out the extensive warm and cold buffet and unlimited champagne

It's almost like a one hour delay on Tuesday was enjoyable!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
UC in LHR still dishing out the extensive warm and cold buffet and unlimited champagne

It's almost like a one hour delay on Tuesday was enjoyable!
Going to be there in a few days. Champagne or Prosecco? How's the food as well? Have heard good things about this UA Club in LHR..
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
06/09/17:
EWR C120ish UC - Italian Wedding soup
SFO 80 gates UC - ditto

must be June

David
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
ORD B7 has Garden Vegetable at the moment. DCA yesterday was Italian Wedding. Looks like the 55 gallon industrial drum of Tomato Basil is finally empty.
6/1: Italian wedding at SEA
6/3: Italian wedding at SFO
6/9: Italian wedding at LAX

Looks like UA is still going through the current industrial size batch of Italian wedding nationwide. (I do think it may be their best soup, though.)

On another note, could there possibly a worse bread roll than the ones at United Club? You want rolls to be hard and crusty on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. I can still accept hard on the outside but stale and crispy inside. UA's bread rolls are the same texture, inside/outside, new or old... soft but desiccated all the way through.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Going to be there in a few days. Champagne or Prosecco? How's the food as well? Have heard good things about this UA Club in LHR..
Champagne - choice of 3.

I never eat there - the food always looks good but a bit heavy, so not to my own personal taste. If I'm hungry, I'll pop into the SQ lounge next door (which also does champagne), but I find the atmosphere there oddly oppressive.

Plus Mario who heads up the bar in the UC is just a fantastic and fascinating person and remembers me every time I'm back in London. It makes leaving home just a little bit less sad

Please report back with your thoughts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.