Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Digital Redesign Update: Beta of new united.com site publicly available for all

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
13 May 2015 Update -- publicly available link (no sign up required) -- https://beta.united.com/ual/en/us/

also see Next steps for the new united.com
Has instruction about how to force the use of the beta or traditional site.
Print Wikipost

Digital Redesign Update: Beta of new united.com site publicly available for all

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, 1.4MM
Have been playing with it for a while. I find the type faces too small with too much unused space on the page. Equipment should be listed on the initial listing of flight choices rather than having to pick the flight and then going to the seat map. For the multiple destination option, one should be able to specify the cabin for each leg (e.g. business overnight versus economy in the daytime return). A nice feature as you drill down is seeing the difference in basic fares -- business versus econ -- for your particular choice -- and being able to make a change.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by eng3
Sounds promising, hope I get an invite
+1: I love to dink with new things!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Bummed. Was part of the preview program, but am unable to log in (no invite).

Would really like to take it for a spin.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
This sounds extremely promising. I am excited to see the new interface. Good to see the time spent in designing the site was put to good use. Is the award chart still visible?

Last edited by goalie; Feb 11, 2015 at 4:54 pm Reason: removed response to deleted post
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
The new interface seems to work nicely from my desktop. But from my iPhone, it really is not that good. I haven't tried it from my iPad yet.

There are some things that United.com can do that the app can't do yet.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Just received an email with the invite.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by exerda
Unfortunately for me, the actual feedback dialog won't submit. It claims I haven't selected my overall impression (on a -- to ++ scale). Glitch with Chrome I suppose; I'll have to try it from IE and submit feedback from there.
That's one of the 4 buttons on the top of the feedback form. Need to choose one in addition to the feedback.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Is Expert Mode available on exisiting itins? or as presently, only on flight search?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by channa
Logged on for the first time. Found first bug in 15 seconds. Found second bug within the same minute.
In software development, the purpose of a beta release is to find bugs and errors before deploying to production. Hopefullly since you are lucky enough to have an invite you provided feedback on the issues you found. That is the whole purpose of this. Not for it to be 100% polished for production.

Last edited by goalie; Feb 11, 2015 at 4:55 pm Reason: edited quoted post to match edited original post
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I got an invite today. It's working pretty fast for me on the laptop. So far, I think I will need some time getting used to the new booking interface, but it's quite nice with the pertinent information (bucket inventory, aircraft type, etc.) easily accessible. ^ so far!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Home Page and Booking Path

Originally Posted by fjfv19
This sounds extremely promising. I am excited to see the new interface. Good to see the time spent in designing the site was put to good use. Is the award chart still visible?
Only the home page and booking path had changed according to what I see. The rest, the beta site takes you back to the current site

Last edited by goalie; Feb 11, 2015 at 4:55 pm Reason: edited quoted post to match edited original post
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:39 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone....[*]Recent searches saved: We’ll remember your recent flight searches to allow for quicker shopping next time you visit the site....UA Insider
I will have to remember to clean out the cookies on my computer after each search. I do not want UA to remember my recent searches...it gives them a chance to increase the prices.

Does the new website bring back "Alex", of "Ask Alex" renown? I heard she was put on a several-month suspension, like NBC's Brian Williams, for not completely being straightforward and transparent with UA customers in answering their questions. WHERE HAS ALEX GONE??? I am concerned for her!!!

Most importantly, does it have a feature to allow one to manually increase their PQDs, PQMs, RDMs, and lifetime flight miles on record in their account? If not, it seems like not much of an improvement over the present website.

Last edited by mkr; Feb 11, 2015 at 4:49 pm
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Seems to work well from my desktop.... But not so from my iPhone.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Having a play now.. New booking pages are FAR superior.. Love the drop down view of available seats without having to leave the page.. Kudos
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Ok, I'm probably just an idiot, but I can't find the aircraft type in the search results. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.