Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Digital Redesign Update: Beta of new united.com site publicly available for all

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
13 May 2015 Update -- publicly available link (no sign up required) -- https://beta.united.com/ual/en/us/

also see Next steps for the new united.com
Has instruction about how to force the use of the beta or traditional site.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:33 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

Today we’re taking an exciting step forward in our digital redesign efforts as we launch a new beta site that will offer select customers – including many of you – early access to the new united.com. Through this beta program we’re looking to get real feedback from real customers, using the site in real ways so that we can take steps to make smart, customer-driven improvements before releasing to a broader audience. Initially, we’ll start small by sending invitations to select customers via email later today.

For those of you invited to use the beta site, it won’t take long to notice what is new (and what is not). With a project this large, we’ll be rolling the new site out in phases. In our first release, you’ll see a new homepage and booking path. What you won’t see are all the behind-the-scenes changes we made as well. By taking the time to rebuild our infrastructure from the ground up, we now have a strong foundation upon which we can build creative, next-generation functionality and deliver consistently better experiences for our customers (and our employees).

With our new homepage and booking path, we strived to keep the features we know you value (yes, fare class availability and flight searches by fare class are here to stay), while also adding brand-new functionality you’ve been asking for. Here are some of the highlights:
  • Expanded "expert mode": Fare class availability is included in the details section for every flight.
  • Filtering and sorting: You’ll now see a far greater number of flight results. You can then use the sort and filter features to narrow down the results based on what’s most important to you (e.g. price, schedule, carrier, connecting cities, and amenities such as Wi-Fi and in-seat power to name a few).
  • Upgrade availability icons: Color-coded icons will display next to flight results for RPUs, GPUs, and Mileage Upgrade Awards to indicate if you can confirm at booking, waitlist, or if they are unavailable.
  • Improved Instant Upgrades: If booked in an eligible fare class, the instant upgrade prompt will appear on the seat map page.
  • Recent searches saved: We’ll remember your recent flight searches to allow for quicker shopping next time you visit the site.
For those of you who receive an invitation to access the site, we look forward to hearing from you. Please give us your feedback directly through the [+] Site Feedback link that you’ll see on the right-hand side of every page. For those who do not receive an invitation (e.g. were not previously part of the “preview program”), we’re anxious to expand our beta audience and will be back in touch once we move into the next phase of the rollout.

UA Insider

Last edited by UA Insider; Feb 11, 2015 at 12:33 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Sounds promising, hope I get an invite
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Wow the at a glance upgrade availability sounds like a real time saver!

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Sweet so this means no more searching each segment in Expert Mode?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:40 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Thanks for the update.

Last edited by goalie; Feb 11, 2015 at 11:47 am Reason: off topic comment removed
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: HiltonSilver, MariottGold, HyattPlat, KimptonTier3, UA 1K, HertzGold,AvisPres
This sounds great. I hope I get an invite!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Wow, this sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it and I hope to get an invite!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Great changes/add ons!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold/UA Mileage Plus Premier 1K
Thanks for the update, we've been waiting! I hope i get an invitation!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
It is nice to see "expert mode" return to what was available in all flight searches and reservation details for everyone a few years ago. I hope as an early co.com preview site subscriber and Premier I get an invite!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I am excited to check this out! I was in the preview program before and my contact info hasn't changed so hopefully I'll get an invite. Really glad to hear "Expert Mode" is not going away
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Bring it on!!!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:28 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Hoping for an invite; but not expecting it.

I do hope United gets this revamp right!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Awesome. Can't wait.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: 1k
I am on it now. Seems pretty user friendly.

I really like you can book GPU's instantly or it shows waitlist only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.