Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is United reducing LAX/LHR non-stops {appears to be a few non-service days}?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is United reducing LAX/LHR non-stops {appears to be a few non-service days}?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: United 1P. 880k lifetime miles, all on my own dime.
Originally Posted by cubachao
I think pvg will be next reducing service after DL start the direct flight.
Not quite, it's being upgauged from 787-8 to 787-9.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
Originally Posted by SeaProf
And, in my opinion, NZ has a far superior product at a competitive price. I abandoned UA in favor of NZ several years ago and have enjoyed every minute of it.
Do you get any complimentary upgrades? My understanding is their is no comparable status like 1K and a long term tendency to shift or I'd consider jumping.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:02 pm
dso

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite
LAX-LHR no nonstops thanksgiving either?

Hm..
I am not finding a single nonstop LAX-LHR the week of Thanksgiving this year....

Plus, the EWR-TXL segment seems to have disappeared too. IT glitch or more going on?

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
From Feb 1 to Oct 31, there are 7 days without a nonstop. (All in the late March/early April timeframe).

That is hardly considered a service cutback. The likely event, there is a maintenance event happening and schedule planning couldn't cycle a plane to fulfill that route those specific days. The next likely event, some extraordinary demand is planned from some other route. Given only 7 days of no nonstop over 9 months in a very tight timeframe, this isn't some reaction to competitors.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by dso
Hm..
I am not finding a single nonstop LAX-LHR the week of Thanksgiving this year....

Plus, the EWR-TXL segment seems to have disappeared too. IT glitch or more going on?
The last few years UA has reduced international operations during the holidays so this might be what you are seeing. I know for a fact this impacts the the Hong Kong and Singapore flights during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Chinese New Year.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:20 pm
dso

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Thanks.
Seems an odd time to do it; unless they figure that most PAX will be flying economy and that's not 'worth' it? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but hey....

Originally Posted by kluau88
The last few years UA has reduced international operations during the holidays so this might be what you are seeing. I know for a fact this impacts the the Hong Kong and Singapore flights during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Chinese New Year.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by dawg1k
Been flying the route since late 90s (I remember when we'd have four flights a day in the summer [933, 934, 935, and 936]).
IIRC these were two round trips
(evens were eastbound / odds were westbound?)
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:09 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dso
Hm..
Re this, and the lack of flights over the Easter holiday period, had it struck anyone that it's not that there are no direct flights on the days mentioned, it's the fact that they're all fully booked and so won't show up on flight searches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.