Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
0.00000 % chance
Heh, good to know! I wont waste my breath. Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
0.00000 % chance
Agreed. Although I understand that the going rate for a day one-time* pass on eBay is about $20.

Originally Posted by SwaBiz
My previous connection in SFO was 45 min, which is fine for me as I don't check bags.
Checked bags are more likely to make it onto any given connecting flight than you are; they don't have as far to go, and they can be loaded after the main door closes.

45 minutes at SFO on a connection from a morning intra-CA flight... you may have been fine, but if there happens to be weather at SFO that day, the shorter flights tend to get affected first.

* ETA: The passes can't be used at multiple airports on the same trip, but it would serve the purpose you're asking about of entrance into the lounge at SFO for a layover there.

Last edited by jsloan; Apr 18, 2019 at 6:38 pm
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
Agreed. Although I understand that the going rate for a day pass on eBay is about $20.

Checked bags are more likely to make it onto any given connecting flight than you are; they don't have as far to go, and they can be loaded after the main door closes.

45 minutes at SFO. on a connection from a morning intra-CA flight... you may have been fine, but if there happens to be weather at SFO that day, the shorter flights tend to get affected first.
Oh wow I didn't think to check Ebay. I'll see if I can snag a cheap one off there. Thanks for the advice about 45 min. I'll take that into account in the future and book longer connections. This is my first time flying through SFO. I would normally fly SWA and connect through DEN. I don't think I ever had a 45 min connection on SWA always ended up being 1.5Hr-ish. They must have a different policy!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Had my SFO-EWR 7898-10 - which I booked on purpose to experience - switch to 777. Went from first row in Premium Economy (which I was able to select for free with Y ticket) now to E- seat. How on earth do they reassign these seats? How does a 1k in Premium economy go to E- in the back? Just totally random?

Of course, you call and they will do nothing for you......always so thoughtful and caring in these situations.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I just got a really obnoxious one. United seems to have cancelled their 7:30 PM MHT-IAD flight. I had it booked for only five weeks from now and with the cancellation their latest flight is now at 2:45 PM. I'm going to have to get a refund and rebook a more expensive AA ticket that is also earlier than what I'd originally planned on. It's very annoying.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Not quite as bad, but there seems to be no ORD-MSP on Sundays between 12:55 and 18:10. The computer seems to think I can handle my new 0h35 I/D connection at O'Hare

Would try to improve the TATL but it seems like Europe to ORD on UA metal is all old 772s.. going to have to think on this one.

ed.. no, they just canceled the 739 I was on. Guess there is a CR7 at 15:55 but it's J0 Y0 because of the schedule change.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Not quite as bad, but there seems to be no ORD-MSP on Sundays between 12:55 and 18:10. The computer seems to think I can handle my new 0h35 I/D connection at O'Hare

Would try to improve the TATL but it seems like Europe to ORD on UA metal is all old 772s.. going to have to think on this one.

ed.. no, they just canceled the 739 I was on. Guess there is a CR7 at 15:55 but it's J0 Y0 because of the schedule change.
Did they notify you of the cancellation more than 2 weeks before your flight? If not and your delay is more than 2 hours you might be due some EC261 comp.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by threeoh
Did they notify you of the cancellation more than 2 weeks before your flight? If not and your delay is more than 2 hours you might be due some EC261 comp.
Yes, this is for travel in June. Seems a bit crazy given the already-booked loads, but I guess it might be due to the MAX grounding since it was a 739 that got dropped.

Currently looking at whether I want to force TATL space on anything useful, but I already hit the jackpot with an ARN-ORD on SK so going either sUA 772 or 767 is a pretty big step down. Avoiding T5-T1 at ORD could be a hidden bonus. Also still in the market for LH O space if it can be found.. so routing an LH hub on UA metal TATL might not be the worst idea.

Last edited by findark; Apr 29, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
I just got a really obnoxious one. United seems to have cancelled their 7:30 PM MHT-IAD flight. I had it booked for only five weeks from now and with the cancellation their latest flight is now at 2:45 PM. I'm going to have to get a refund and rebook a more expensive AA ticket that is also earlier than what I'd originally planned on. It's very annoying.
sounds like my DL ticket I had for BOS-LGA at 8 a.m. ... as of last weekend they have a 6 and 11 a.m. flight only ... kind of crazy ... asked for a refund. Sometimes they make strange schedule adjustments.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
UA changed my EWR-SFO plane on Thursday 5/16 from the 78J to an sCO 772 without it showing up as a schedule change on their website today...kind of sneaky. I'd much rather be on the 78J as well, but it's way too close in to change to the 12PM flight (which has only J1). Thanks a bunch, UA!
Old May 4, 2019, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
UA changed my EWR-SFO plane on Thursday 5/16 from the 78J to an sCO 772 without it showing up as a schedule change on their website today...kind of sneaky.
Aircraft swap would not show as a schedule change if flight time didn't change.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Aircraft swap would not show as a schedule change if flight time didn't change.
Interesting...my past recollection is the new aircraft type would show up in red. Anyways, I wonder why they are deciding ~2 weeks ahead of time that they need to swap out a 78J.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Interesting...my past recollection is the new aircraft type would show up in red. Anyways, I wonder why they are deciding ~2 weeks ahead of time that they need to swap out a 78J.
Aircraft type sometimes shows in red, but only if flight time or number has changed.

I have the perception that they are moving widebodies around more often with the MAX out of service, but I have no real idea if that's actually happening.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
Yes, this is for travel in June. Seems a bit crazy given the already-booked loads, but I guess it might be due to the MAX grounding since it was a 739 that got dropped.

Currently looking at whether I want to force TATL space on anything useful, but I already hit the jackpot with an ARN-ORD on SK so going either sUA 772 or 767 is a pretty big step down. Avoiding T5-T1 at ORD could be a hidden bonus. Also still in the market for LH O space if it can be found.. so routing an LH hub on UA metal TATL might not be the worst idea.
Well, it certainly pays to know all the rules (thanks to FT)!

Decided to re-route via LHR-EWR on a 764 after a lot of debate and a profound lack of an early morning OSL-FRA, and was able to replace waitlisted domestic segment with confirmed IN on an E70, eliminate the ORD I/D transfer, and improve the lounge situation to LHR UC and EWR Polaris. Still hoping for LH F, but in the meantime I think I got what I could out of the schedule change. Never thought I'd be happy to transit EWR, but it honestly seems better than either IAD or ORD at the moment
Old May 15, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
How good of a reason do I need to cancel? The IAH to YVR flight was moved from morning to evening. I want to cancel and rebook since that would save me $400. Can I just say it doesnt work for me and leave it at that? Or do I have to make up a good reason?

They automatically rebooked us on a morning route IAH to SFO to YVR. I'd rather have the new evening direct route which I know won't be a problem... but I'd really like to save that money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.