Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.​
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:54 am

UA 1641 ORD - SEA delayed 1 hour 35 mins... Thanks, Obama?

Secret Service at the United Center this morning.

Is this why my flight is delayed?

I know it says maintenance out of FLL, but I'd say AF1 arrival is more likely the reason.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by kayosthery
Secret Service at the United Center this morning.

Is this why my flight is delayed?

I know it says maintenance out of FLL, but I'd say AF1 arrival is more likely the reason.
I doubt it.

First, United would presumably indicate that there's a ground stop or some such thing delaying the flight if it were because of Obama.

Second, the inbound aircraft was scheduled to arrive at 2:55 pm and is now arriving at 5:13 pm. And your outbound flight has a scheduled departure time of 4:05pm and that's been pushed back to 5:40 pm. But Obama's already in Chicago The helicopters just passed my house (Lakeview) heading south toward McCormick Place, where Obama is speaking. And, as you noted in your post, it's been widely reported that Obama is attending the Bulls game tonight, which tipped off at 7 pm.

While it's really fun to blame everything on Obama, I don't think there should be any Air Force 1 activity at ORD between 2:55 pm and 5:40 pm.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I doubt it.

First, United would presumably indicate that there's a ground stop or some such thing delaying the flight if it were because of Obama.

Second, the inbound aircraft was scheduled to arrive at 2:55 pm and is now arriving at 5:13 pm. And your outbound flight has a scheduled departure time of 4:05pm and that's been pushed back to 5:40 pm. But Obama's already in Chicago The helicopters just passed my house (Lakeview) heading south toward McCormick Place, where Obama is speaking. And, as you noted in your post, it's been widely reported that Obama is attending the Bulls game tonight, which tipped off at 7 pm.

While it's really fun to blame everything on Obama, I don't think there should be any Air Force 1 activity at ORD between 2:55 pm and 5:40 pm.
I wont forget when Biden came in during rush hour on a friday and basically shut down the Kennedy as his limo motorcade came downtown. As much as the President/VP shuts down a city, they need to be more considerate of when they come in and what airport they use.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA1K
looks like the curfew at SNA got IAH-SNA last night as it was diverted to LAX. driving down the 405 i saw a UA a320 landing at 7:30am this morning and thought that was odd. after doing some research, found out it went to LAX at midnight and then to SNA this morning.

does UA provide anything in this event to get pax to SNA?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CALMSP
I wont forget when Biden came in during rush hour on a friday and basically shut down the Kennedy as his limo motorcade came downtown. As much as the President/VP shuts down a city, they need to be more considerate of when they come in and what airport they use.
I highly, highly doubt that POTUS and VPOTUS game out the details of how they impact air traffic (much less be in charge of their own schedule)...
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:42 pm

Sfo-hnl 2185 10/29

My Thursday LAX-HNL just got swapped to a 3-cabin, and so far UA has left me in my pre-assigned seat which maps to the FC cabin ^ I tracked the aircraft back, and I see that it is doing SFO-HNL tomorrow morning as flight 2185. The status page shows as "Estimated Departure: 1 hour early", and there are only 6 or 7 seats assigned. I couldn't find any HNL-SFO/LAX flight cancelled this evening - so curious (but not complaining about!) what's going on with this extra flight.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:51 am

United 1242, Oct 29, 2015

Was tracking FLL last night after the plane fire and saw UAL1242 make an abrupt turn and return to FLL at 28000 feet. Returned to gate at FLL around 11:45pm. They ended up canceling it at 1am. Mechanical? Anyone know what happened?

Last edited by goalie; Oct 30, 2015 at 10:27 am Reason: fixed date
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
IAH-DEN flights today are running about 30 minutes late (given on-time departure) due to routing around a large storm complex. Not a good day for those with quick turns in DEN.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Anyone know what happened to UA1200 SFO-IAH today?

I was going to take it on my way to lunch in Miami but we had to change gates due to a mechanical problem and with the delay I would not have made my connection so called in the "trip in vain" card so went home.

Left late then diverted to MSY where it apparently still is pending a 7PM departure with a 8:18PM arrival into IAH, 16 hours late.

I saw there were major storm in Texas so I'm assuming weather diversion but United.com showed "Operational Difficulties"

Either ways seems like I made the right choice. Could not have been a fun flight to be on.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:52 am

I had a trifecta this morning.
IAH-PHL was delayed 2 hours last night. The early morning PHL-SFO aircraft was subsequently changed, 739>738. Resulted in down grades and at least a dozen people without seat assignments at boarding.

In PHL, one of the gates is used for two different hard stands. Well just before boarding they realized the gate is lined up to the wrong plane...45 min delay.

Land in SFO, gate occupied, sit on the tarmac for 20 min. Finally approach the gate, but stopped too far forward. Everyone already standing had to sit down so they could push the plane back a few feet. All said and done I got off the plane about an hour late.

Mostly stupid mistakes that may very well result in delays permeating throughout the day for the aircraft.

Last edited by nova08; Nov 2, 2015 at 2:14 pm
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
UA247 SJC-DEN Sched 8:05, cancelled.

Boarded ontime. About 10 mins after the scheduled departure time the captain came on and stated that due to the rain SJC had experienced overnight/this morning, some unnamed area of the plane had "gotten wet", was causing some problems, and thus we were going to deplane.

Departure time was moved to 9:05am, then shortly afterwards to 11am, and then finally cancelled just before 10am.

Thankfully I'd seen the writing on the wall and was just arriving at SFO when it canceled.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by nova08
Land in SFO, gate occupied, sit on the tarmac for 20 min. Finally approach the gate, but stopped too far forward. Everyone already standing had to sit down so they could push the plane back a few feet. All said and done I got off the plane about an hour late.
Coincidentally a co-worker flew IAD-SFO earlier today and said it took 3 attempts to get the plane lined up correctly with the jetway. Must be something about the rain we got this morning
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K / 1M, AA EXP
UA 300 (SFO to HNL) is having a bad day - estimated 11 hour delay. With a bit of luck, you could probably go to Honolulu and back in that amount of time. I feel sorry for anyone actually stuck on that flight / unable to get an alternate flight...

UA MX gremlins strike again.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kranabargar
UA 300 (SFO to HNL) is having a bad day - estimated 11 hour delay. With a bit of luck, you could probably go to Honolulu and back in that amount of time. I feel sorry for anyone actually stuck on that flight / unable to get an alternate flight...

UA MX gremlins strike again.
Looks like an equipment substitution on this 777 to the IPTE configuration on UA300. Perhaps they had to wait for an aircraft to arrive from Europe or Asia? At least the pax in front will get beds to rest in when they finally depart for an overnight flight to the islands.

But even more interesting is UA73, which is showing a delay of 14 hours, 50 minutes on the same route. Plane won't take off till tomorrow morning! I guess this is the new "never cancel" policy in action. Something strange could be going on at SFO today?

But it gets even stranger at the other end. UA14, HNL-EWR is delayed 17 hours and 35 minutes. Won't depart until Wednesday afternoon, instead of this evening. I wonder if not cancelling means that pax are on their own for 17+ hours at HNL?

Last edited by transportprof; Nov 10, 2015 at 8:45 pm
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K / 1M, AA EXP
Yesterday is a perfect example of how badly UA runs their airline / preventative (lack thereof) maintenance. All are flights either to/from HNL on Nov 10th:
300 - 11:22 MX delay
73 - 17 hour MX delay
2061 - 1 hour OP delay
14 - another 17 hour MX delay
1221 - 6:34 MX delay
534 - Wins the prize - almost 19 hour MX delay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.