Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by CharlesS
Upon landing, we were directed to united.com/appreciation, and after giving them my information, I was offered a $125 voucher or 6250 bonus miles. It also said that the delay was due to crew scheduling.

Is this a good deal? If not, is there something I should do about it, or just accept the offer anyway because they don't seem to be required to give any compensation on a domestic flight?
I was offered and accepted a $175 voucher for a similar nine-hour delay as a Gold on a transcon three months ago.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: AA Plat
My flight was delayed 5 hours then cancelled after spending nearly 2 hours in the hot a/c during last week's IAH debacle.

I was offered a measly $100 ETC. I was not pleased. I wrote a strongly worded letter.

Btw, apparently they collate your complaints/compliments so be careful of that!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
My flight was delayed 5 hours then cancelled after spending nearly 2 hours in the hot a/c during last week's IAH debacle.

I was offered a measly $100 ETC. I was not pleased. I wrote a strongly worded letter.

Did they make mention in their reply as to how many times you had written in during the year?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold

Do the post-flight survey's count? Because I've been brutally honest with them more than a handful of times.

I'm actually surprised you got the $100 ETC. With the weather, they could have just as easily said so.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Did they make mention in their reply as to how many times you had written in during the year?
About 6 months back I was on a flight on which I had a non working IFE.
I spoke to the 1k desk about the situation and was offered 5000 miles.
I was also told that this compensation was in line with compensation offered to me for the same issue 2 years back.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
I'm actually surprised you got the $100 ETC. With the weather, they could have just as easily said so.
Ok. That makes me feel better since this twit refuses to increase the dollar amt. Originally countered with 5k miles and now up to 7.5k but I'd prefer the "cash." Weird thing is I CC'd Oscar and friends and no one even bothered replying. Guess the new United is the old United

Originally Posted by flyer31
About 6 months back I was on a flight on which I had a non working IFE.
I spoke to the 1k desk about the situation and was offered 5000 miles.
I was also told that this compensation was in line with compensation offered to me for the same issue 2 years back.
Woah! Scary.

I submitted 2 complaints and 1 compliment on the same day, thinking a different person would read each. No mention of my previous grievances
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:38 pm

... Weird thing is I CC'd Oscar and friends and no one even bothered replying. Guess the new United is the old United
Did you really think an exec would respond?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by 110pgl
Did you really think an exec would respond?
No one from his office.

Normally you get these "I'm so and so responding on behalf of CEO blah blah blah." UA's just letting the frontline idiot ([email protected]) handle me. Which is not a winning strategy...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
No one from his office.

Normally you get these "I'm so and so responding on behalf of CEO blah blah blah." UA's just letting the frontline idiot ([email protected]) handle me. Which is not a winning strategy...
I'm sorry but I would much prefer the airline have their actual CS agents handle matters and not waste resources coddling every person who has the self-importance to expect a reply from C-level or their respective office.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-2016-a.html is now open, so time to close this thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by goalie; Jan 8, 2016 at 12:04 pm Reason: fixed typo ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.