Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l etoile
2014 thread - Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)

2016 thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1735773-consolidated-delayed-cancelled-international-flights-2016-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boss315
Everyone out of EWR was delayed evening of 1 March due to snow:

Today's disasters: EWR
LHR--28--cancelled MX
CDG--55--cancelled weather
CDG--56--3.55 late
DUB--22--1.24 late
BRU--45--2.27 late
AMS--877--7.31 late
FRA--51--2.07 late
TXL--125--4.04 late
ARN--69--1.37 late
MAD--63--2.05 late
BCN--121--1.29 late
MXP--18--Cancelled: MX

...and there may be more but I ran out of time!
992 to ZRH was delayed 3.33; with today's (3/2) 937 ZRH-IAD taking the hit with a 1.54 delay. Due to an a/c swap in ZRH, this is often the case.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA51 FRA-EWR cancelled today due to maintenance 764
UA937 ZRH-IAD cancelled today due to maintenance 763
UA835 ORD-PVG cancelled today due to maintenance 744 and UA836 PVG-ORD tomorrow of course as well.

another terrible day for UAs wide-body fleet.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
this is like a bad nightmare that continues night after night after night!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by boss315
this is like a bad nightmare that continues night after night after night!
I am curious about reference point. Is this something one sees at AA or DL? In other words, are the maintenance issues we see at a normal level for international flights on the legacy US carriers or is this truly exceptional? How do major foreign carriers compare? Is anyone else collecting data?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by harryhood
I am curious about reference point. Is this something one sees at AA or DL? In other words, are the maintenance issues we see at a normal level for international flights on the legacy US carriers or is this truly exceptional? How do major foreign carriers compare? Is anyone else collecting data?
United:
https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/UAL/cancelled

American:
https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/AAL/cancelled

US Airways:
https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/AWE/cancelled

Delta:
https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/DAL/cancelled

it's a bit anecdotal and is not specific to INTL only, but serves as a nice basis for some initial comparisons.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by harryhood
pretty much a UA problem.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
so im flying UA19 to MXP today at 6:20pm..... what are the chances it gets cancelled?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by njxbean
so im flying UA19 to MXP today at 6:20pm..... what are the chances it gets cancelled?
Well so far it's showing on time but who knows with this weather what will happen. And the aircraft assigned to your flight (#057) just exited the shop with WiFi so that's a plus.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Well so far it's showing on time but who knows with this weather what will happen. And the aircraft assigned to your flight (#057) just exited the shop with WiFi so that's a plus.
This flight will have wifi? Where do you see that by the way? THanks.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by njxbean
This flight will have wifi? Where do you see that by the way? THanks.
Yes it will have WiFi. It's on United.com just enter flight 19 and scroll down to where you see "WiFi and entertainment"

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...s/results.aspx
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:59 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
UA/28 LHR-EWR cancelled for MX
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
today's UA disasters:

UA 28(noted above): MX
UA 56--CDG-EWR: 2.10 late
UA 125--TXL-EWR: 2.35 late--diverted
UA51--FRA-EWR: 7.12 late

Know WX is bad, but...........

Bad day for DL and AA, too(skid on runway and smoke in cabin!)
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
I have a question about cancellation reason.
United reported the cancelled flight due to weather (UA 30 on Feb 22)
Delta, AA, 2 TAM flights to JFK on that date operated normally.
UA GRU > IAD operated as well.

I did receive an appreciation letter saying I'm entitled to a compensation ($350 e cert or 17500 miles) and it noted it was due to a mechanical/crew issue.

Is there an authority, like TSA for security issues, that checks and verify if the company is notifying their customers valid information (like BBB for flights).

Putting my request in other words... how can I tell if my flight was cancelled due to weather as UA says or if they just said that to get away with accommodation, compensation etc.

Thank you,
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
UA803 NRT-SIN on March 6th is currently showing a 5 hour delay, which has been creeping up for the past few hours from an initial 1 hour delay.

Inbound aircraft from HNL is 52 minutes early, but the inbound UA803 from IAD is 6+ hours delayed (and still not departed) due to "Flight crew availability". I'm presuming they aren't holding NRT-SIN for the connections, so I'm guessing it's an inbound crew issue...

Update: and now NRT-SIN is back on time. I guess maybe they were planning to wait for the connections, and then realized how silly that was...

Last edited by docbert; Mar 5, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cacohenassaf
I have a question about cancellation reason.
United reported the cancelled flight due to weather (UA 30 on Feb 22)
Delta, AA, 2 TAM flights to JFK on that date operated normally.
UA GRU > IAD operated as well.

I did receive an appreciation letter saying I'm entitled to a compensation ($350 e cert or 17500 miles) and it noted it was due to a mechanical/crew issue.

Is there an authority, like TSA for security issues, that checks and verify if the company is notifying their customers valid information (like BBB for flights).

Putting my request in other words... how can I tell if my flight was cancelled due to weather as UA says or if they just said that to get away with accommodation, compensation etc.

Thank you,
This is being reported. Short of finding a misreported situation and sending it on to the DOT there isn't much you can do. UA often reports the 'last' issue leading to a flight delay if there are multiple. So if the planes goes MX for 2 hours then there is an ATC delay on top of it the ultimate reason listed is likely 'ATC delay'. This often causes issues when asking for accommodation/food etc. and can rarely be resolved at the airport. In my experience UA customer care (they can dig into the history of a delay) will resolve these issues. When you get a $350 offer you can be damn certain it was within UAs control ... else you'd see nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.