Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

It starts all over again -- PQM/PQDs reset to zero!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It starts all over again -- PQM/PQDs reset to zero!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K
Made 1k barely, even had to do a mileage run of 4600 miles mid Dec. 100,146 miles pqd 6,500. (foreign address)

This will be my last year I think as 1k. im too tired of all the hoops I feel like im jumping through to squeek by. Going to quit monitoring miles and so on on UA and book whatever works better for my schedules and flight times. I will try to stay on Star Alliance partners when/if possible.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Now that PQM reset to 0 is there any way to check when the miles to be credited for my 27.12 and 31.12 flights will be posted?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:05 am
RNE

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Now that PQM reset to 0 is there any way to check when the miles to be credited for my 27.12 and 31.12 flights will be posted?
The activity detail will show all transactions.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
not depressed this year at the reset...

since, with flights already booked, I'll go over 1MM in May and then will no longer anguish over PQM (or PQD, just RDM!).
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RNE
As a traveler who just advanced from Gold to Platinum, I want to take this special moment to thank you both personally for helping me get the upgrades you'll be foregoing. Your spirit of giving is commendable and deserving of my heartfelt thanks.

RNE, hoping there are many more like you!
Amen, brother!!

As a first-time 1K, I also thank everyone who's decided to drop to anything lower.

I've got two flights on 1/5 booked and so far I'm 2/2 on getting upgraded right at the T-96 window. Now *that* is a change I like!

So keep it up -- hoping this improves even more on 1-FEB-2015 when the lame ducks drop off.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Thanks for the link! I was going nuts trying to figure out my final PQM!
I will have to wait at least 30 days for my final PQM.... I had a flight on the 27th from CPH-MUC-IAD-SFO that went down the drain, and had to be rebooked on a paper ticket with SK.... Wonder how I reclaim miles w. a paper ticket.

and I am still sad about the 0 miles, but it will change Monday TPE-SFO!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by RNE
As a traveler who just advanced from Gold to Platinum, I want to take this special moment to thank you both personally for helping me get the upgrades you'll be foregoing. Your spirit of giving is commendable and deserving of my heartfelt thanks.

RNE, hoping there are many more like you!
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Amen, brother!!

As a first-time 1K, I also thank everyone who's decided to drop to anything lower.

I've got two flights on 1/5 booked and so far I'm 2/2 on getting upgraded right at the T-96 window. Now *that* is a change I like!

So keep it up -- hoping this improves even more on 1-FEB-2015 when the lame ducks drop off.
I am not sure thanks are what everyone who dropped in status will want to hear from us. Some of them are probably not that happy about it. We might seem like we are gloating.

But in anycase, and with above said,
THANKS!!! from me too.

However, I am not sure we will really see a difference in complimentary upgrade rates, RPU/GPU usage rate, etc. I think the bigger effect that will start showing up later this year will the impact from the change in how we earn award miles and how those that are earning lots of miles use them. This will be a major shift in the haves and have nots and that will ripple through to how often super saver awards are scooped up to how often award miles are used to upgrade.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:35 am
RNE

Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
I am not sure thanks are what everyone who dropped in status will want to hear from us. Some of them are probably not that happy about it. We might seem like we are gloating.
Us?! Gloat?! Never!

RNE, trying to keep a straight face.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RNE
Us?! Gloat?! Never!
It's certainly not gloating, but if someone wants to join me at the endless o-dark-30 flights EWR-ORD-CMH-IAD-ATL-IAD-EWR that I've been stuck doing, they're welcome to it.

1K "domestic" is very tough. I "only" had about 85 segments - thankfully, the EWR-SFO runs gave me the mileage to hit 1K.

In fact, I think there should be a "1K Domestic" vs "1K International" - if, say, 80% or more of your PQM's are domestic, you get unlimited domestic CPUs but no GPUs. And an a**-cushion. 1K Internationals get a dozen, heck, make it 16 GPU's, but no domestic CPUs.

I'd happily give up GPUs if I could get more domestic CPUs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.