Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

It starts all over again -- PQM/PQDs reset to zero!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It starts all over again -- PQM/PQDs reset to zero!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Hate seeing the numbers roll back to zero.

Back on the treadmill of elite qualification ....again!

I have 3 Asia trips booked in January/February that will net me around 69k PQMs, so it's a good head start on the year.

Plus, getting those redeemable miles before the egregious changes heading our way on March 1
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM - Platinum. Southwest A-list preferred. Hilton Diamond (10+ years)
I'm flying to Germany in January, but bought the ticket in December. Do the PQD get added when I bought the ticket, or when I fly?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA GS & Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold (MM)
Originally Posted by DougieDugDug
I'm flying to Germany in January, but bought the ticket in December. Do the PQD get added when I bought the ticket, or when I fly?
When you fly. Many things can change between booking and travel date (says someone who has rebooked more trips than I care to remember ....)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Condition One
Hooray! I don't believe in New Years resolutions, but I hope to keep my EQMs and spend on United as low as possible this year. Four tickets booked through February, and then I'm out!
+1
Burned all my GPU/Rpu and only one more credit to burn and Iam done. Feels great! All my flying is going over to AA
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
seeing mine reset for UA, DL and AS definitely bothered me more this year than just watching UA reset to 0 in years past. 2015 will be a year where i probably only drive the AS account up to some meaningful level of status.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, IHG Plat, National Executive
I'm curious how this will affect PQD that have not already posted. I met the PQM for Platinum last year but was waiting on some Copa "compiled monthly" PQD to post to get past the threshold. I had expected the Copa PQD to show up on December 31, but they still are missing. Since all the counters have reset, I wonder if United will properly recognize that I qualified for Platinum last year once the Copa PQD do post.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Always depressing when it happens -- the annual totals have been reset to ZERO!!!

Your 2014 numbers are still available on mystatus.united.com

Was Sisyphus the first FF / elite seeker?
Thanks for the link! I was going nuts trying to figure out my final PQM!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
The zeros are disturbing but am glad I am flying ewr-sfo now
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Your 2014 numbers are still available on mystatus.united.com
Anyone else who is going to have their status drop in 2015 notice a glitch on the tracking site where it says:

Congratulations, you've earned Premier Silver status for 2015.
Mrs Vandelay
Account number: XXXXXXXX
Enjoy your 2015 Premier Gold status, with all the benefits and services that come with it.

Both my wife and I are dropping a level and have the same inconsistency on mystatus.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Clicking on the info "i" for PQD produces this now:
YTD Premier qualifying dollars

Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) include spending on flights operated by United, United Express and Copa Airlines, as well as flights operated by Star Alliance and MileagePlus partner airlines when issued on a United ticket (ticket number starting with “016”). You can also earn PQD for Economy Plus® purchases.
Is that the same as it was before?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by JohnMacWW

Because they are not giving full PQD credit for some codeshare flights (at least some lufthansa flights), even bought as 016, I'm surprised they don't qualify this statement a bit more.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW

Yes
see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-2014-a.html for more.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by DougieDugDug
Credited when you fly, on the date of the scheduled departure of each segment
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Anyone else who is going to have their status drop in 2015 notice a glitch on the tracking site where it says:

Congratulations, you've earned Premier Silver status for 2015.
Mrs Vandelay
Account number: XXXXXXXX
Enjoy your 2015 Premier Gold status, with all the benefits and services that come with it.

Both my wife and I are dropping a level and have the same inconsistency on mystatus.
The Silver is what you earned for 2015. The Gold is what you are now and will remain until end of January when you drop to Silver. Yes, little confusing but they are different fields, One is earned and one is current.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM - Platinum. Southwest A-list preferred. Hilton Diamond (10+ years)
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Credited when you fly, on the date of the scheduled departure of each segment
So I'll be 10% of the way there! Woo hoo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.